1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP Framework related doubts

Discussion in 'PHP' started by kchopne, Sep 21, 2012.

Hi Everyone,
    I will be working with a couple of my friends on PHP. I am relatively a new to PHP and need some help on few things on the same. Here are my doubts

Does one need to take care of PHP 4 compatibility ?
    I will be writing a web app to integrate with a social media site like LinkedIn ? Do I need to be

specific to the framework selection ?
    If one were to use 3rd Party PHP modules does framework selection matter here ? If yes then which

framework should one go for in terms of compatibility?
    I am inclined towards the Yii framework. Primary reasons - excellent support for web services,

authorization & authentication, rich features, enables fastest development. Any suggestions on the same ?
    Can anyone recommend some rich UI libraries i.e. jQuery

Thanks everyone in advance.

kchopne, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  2. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. No.
    2. Yes ofcource, a airplain tyre doesn't fit on a dodge?
    3. No
    4. No idea

EricBruggema, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  3. vaayaaedu

vaayaaedu Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are specific related to the framework, the replies can help. First of all what framework you are using, as there are many PHP frameworks.

vaayaaedu, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  4. alexkboorman

alexkboorman Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ Wins. But seriously, if you don't even know what a framework is don't waste your time trying to use one. Learn basic procedural php, then move on up to object oriented THEN you can start thinking about oh I wonder if a framework would make my workflow more efficient. You sound like you're just starting out so get your feet wet first and try writing your own stuff, if you can't do it on your own a framework isn't going to magically make it possible.

alexkboorman, Sep 22, 2012 IP