1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get ranking for keywords?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by logiseek, Jul 19, 2012.

1. The Content Authority

The Content Authority Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Logiseek,

Sirghayoor is right that content is vitally important to your ranking. This is a nicely written post on The Power of Website Content: http://www.searchinfluence.com/2012/09/website-content-improves-rankings/ "Today I’m here to tell you a little story about the power of website content. My cardinal rule is “If you want to rank for it, you better say so on your website!” The first step to improving your rankings for a given keyword is ensuring that your website provides valuable information on that topic." Keyword ranking is important enough that even Bank of America is talking about how to raise your score on their small business community blog. They list content high on the list for importance in ranking, but also say "3. Shop for domain names
    Purchasing unused domain names can be a cost-effective method for driving more traffic to your site and boosting your search engine ranking. “For example, if you’re a marketing firm in Miami, find out if “www.miamimarketing.com” is available as a domain name,” recommends Balepogi. “If so, I would purchase it and reroute any traffic to my actual marketing company. Repurposing domain names with special keywords is a great and inexpensive strategy.”

4. Embrace social media
    By starting a blog that offers consumers everything from tricks of the trade to educational resources, you can significantly increase traffic and boost your Google ranking as a subject matter expert. “If you’re a carpenter, blog about places to find the best wood or teach customers about the different types of wood,” says Balepogi. “These keywords play just as much a factor [in improving a site’s ranking] as a big search engine optimization campaign that you would be paying thousands of dollars for.”

5. Make the proper connections
    Google looks at links both to and from a site to determine page rank. That’s because Google considers the words a website uses in its links to help determine the content of Web pages. For this reason, Balepogi recommends that small business owners introduce a healthy number of links – two or three per page – to related sites. Exchange text links with other relevant websites or make a point of including hyperlinks in each blog posting on your site. Just remember: no matter how you choose to incorporate links, make sure you keep them current." You can find that post here: http://smallbusinessonlinecommunity...can-move-above-competitors-in-a-google-search.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

The Content Authority, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  2. phamhuammko

phamhuammko Peon

Best Answers:
    conten is king.... then is blacklink

phamhuammko, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  3. jenely

jenely Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to do off-page optimization to get ranking for keywords.

jenely, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  4. elliedesign

elliedesign Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First research your keywords then try to follow google webmaster guideline for your keywords ranking

elliedesign, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  5. corinnefalgoust

corinnefalgoust Peon

Best Answers:
    where your site is ranked in search engines for a keyword—has a major impact on your Web traffic, lead generation and conversions. Research shows that almost half of all search engine users click on a result on the first page, and the higher you rank on that SERP, the better off you are.

Most site owners have questions surrounding keyword rankings, such as "How does my site rank for keywords I'm targeting?" and "What keywords does my site rank for?" Simple, free keyword ranking tools can answer those questions for you. And this Web rankings data is good to know. But what you really want is to rank higher and to be on top, ahead of competitor sites! For this, you need keyword researchtools.

corinnefalgoust, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  6. lauradrew

lauradrew Peon

Best Answers:
    To get the keyword ranking up in Google,you have to do Forum Posting,Blog commenting on dofollow sites,Social Bookmarking,Article Submission, Blog Posting on daily basis.

lauradrew, Sep 24, 2012 IP