1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

**Local Keyword Research**

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by TomLivi, Sep 21, 2012.

Say that I am targeting the keyword mortgages and I wanted to find search volumes in Ontario as oppose
    to what google adword keywords tool offers which is just Canada.
    How can I do this? Is there a tool out there that can do this? If so what it is?

Thanks

TomLivi, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  2. myfriendshangout

myfriendshangout Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    myfriendshangout, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  3. TomLivi

TomLivi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TomLivi, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  4. krinta

krinta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for your link.... its really cool......

krinta, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  5. The Content Authority

The Content Authority Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi TomLivi,

This is a good question and shows that your knowledge of current trends in SEO. There are quite a few ways to get location-specific with your keywords. SeoBook has a guide to creating a local SEO campaign. They list several tools, including their own but also refer you to PPC Training's local keyword tool. "We've talked about local SEO keyword research via PPC before and on top of that, or in lieu of that if the client isn't interested, you can get some local and a bunch of broader keywords from tools like: AdWords Keyword Tool, SeoBook Keyword Tool, Ad Intelligence, Yahoo Clues, Google Trends,
    Google Insights,Bing's Keyword Tool, and Ubersuggest. In addition to keyword research tools, you can use a couple of free tools to help generate and populate local keywords: SeoBook Keyword Phrase Generator, 5MinuteSite.Com's Local Keyword Generator. The second tool combines search terms with local modifiers in a given radius of the area you select." The PPC Tools local keyword tool can be found here: http://tools.ppcblog.com/. I suggest you make full use of Google Places as Search Engine Journal has suggested in this article: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/the-definitive-guide-to-local-seo/47319/. The following is a short excerpt from that article.

"The first and probably most important is that for local SEO you need to create and claim a local profile on Google (and other platforms as desired.) Your local listing is what will show (usually) for localized search results. The second most important thing is called a citation. A citation is any place online that uses your company NAP (name, address, phone number) all on the same page, in the same format as your local listing. This same format bit is pretty important. While Google is pretty smart, it’s best to make sure that your local citation efforts match your local listing as closely as possible. Don’t abbreviate in one and not the other (St. vs Street, (800) vs 1-800, etc.). Third, reviews. Lots and lots of reviews (preferably really good ones.) Quantity and quality of reviews left for your business on your Google Places page is one of the most important local ranking factors."

Hope this answers your question,

Shawn

The Content Authority, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  6. TomLivi

TomLivi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow those are a lot of tools and a lot to test. This is not for ppc. The keyword research is for organic. Basically what I want to know is how many people search the keyphrase mortgage broker in Ontario. Is there a tool for this?

TomLivi, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  7. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck I hope you find something :)

ninjamtlt1, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  8. timu123

timu123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe in doing more of keyword research on google keywords tool rather than market samurai.

timu123, Oct 8, 2012 IP