1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use forums for business promotion?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MikeQ, Sep 18, 2012.

Hi,

I would like to have some tips on effective forum marketing.

Thanks

MikeQ, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  2. kerakatravelclub

kerakatravelclub Member

Best Answers:
    Get Quality content!!!
    Discuss more information related to ur theme
    Add more rss feeds
    use v bulletin[/URL] and vbseo

kerakatravelclub, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  3. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you need to find forum related to your niche. Then you can became an expert and help people there. Use signature in your profile and make some thread about your bussines.

adbash, Sep 20, 2012 IP
  4. JewelryNest

JewelryNest Peon

Best Answers:
    at first forum marketing is very effective for affiliate marketer. if you can post about 1000 forum comments on forum and if those comments are live, then it can be your permanent backlinks. and discussing with other people on forums makes a lot of friends. so you can drive a lot of people through your signature. suppose if i have a website about "wedding ring" or " Diamond rings" then you can those keyword related websites to find people who loves those Wedding rings or Diamond rings. then you may have good result then.

JewelryNest, Sep 20, 2012 IP
  5. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    Have your signature links point to your sites and then also post quality and relevant posts and responses.

mmm555, Sep 20, 2012 IP
  6. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep

It's all about quality content

But in my mind effort is much better spent elswhere

In fact, if you have a solid business the last thing you should be doing is spending time on the forums...

Instead? Hire an outsourcer to do it and focus on your BUSINESS.

CandleKeep, Sep 20, 2012 IP
  7. The Content Authority

The Content Authority Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi MikeQ,

You have asked a very good question. As with other forms of online networking, you need to make sure you that you leave useful, relevant comments in forums that fit within your niche. An important first step in any forum marketing strategy is to register with an appropriate site, form a profile with a signature that has a link to your website or blog, and introduce yourself. You should not overtly market your company right away when you join forums. I am providing links to a couple of good articles on effective forum marketing.

The first one comes from Entrepreneur magazine and gives 8 do's and don'ts of forum marketing. One such suggestion is, "7. Do contribute. Become a valued contributor to the site. Use your account to talk to other members, reply to questions, or to ask your own questions. This way you become a known entity and marketing opportunities become available to you." Smallwebusiness.com also talks about message board marketing. Here is an excerpt on choosing the right message boards: "Not all forums are created equal. You'll have to identify good online discussion boards related to products or services that you are selling. One way to locate these discussion forums is to perform a keyword search using Google. You'll want to join forums that rank high on the search engine result pages (SERPs) for your main keyword phrases.

Once you have joined the discussion boards, spend enough time to visit these forums to post messages. Before jumping in and making a post, though, take a look around and see what other are posting about. Once you understand the forum's atmosphere you can start participating and building relationships with new friends."

I am including the links to these posts.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/blog/223900
    http://www.smallwebusiness.com/message-board-marketing.html

Hope this answers your question,

Shawn

The Content Authority, Sep 20, 2012 IP
  8. swft

swft Peon

Best Answers:
    yes get your content a much higher quality and post it.
    content quality matters a lot. and the language effectiveness will definitely increase your business

swft, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  9. alexoscarew

alexoscarew Peon

Best Answers:
    Signup for all relevant forums
    Be active
    Be genuine
    Build good relation with other members
    Get involved

alexoscarew, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  10. Maschit

Maschit Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Shawn I just really agree with your.

be real expert and alway be helpful - that make you outshine and ready to be accept from mile ago

having useful comment is just like finding the correct answer for the question. I just need some time to looking the right info

hope that help

Maschit, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  11. The Content Authority

The Content Authority Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Maschit,

I'm glad that you found my comment helpful and I appreciate the positive feedback. I have some more resources to share that I hope will help you in your business endeavors. I am sharing a couple more articles on effective forum marketing you may find useful. The first article comes from Search Engine Land and states "Another way to use the forums as a link resource is to identify the moderators and top posters as part of a selective network.

Approach them for reviews or beta testing of your products. Don’t make participation contingent upon a link, but do encourage blogging or mentioning your service in the forum at the conclusion of the campaign. Your goal here is to not only build links, but to build advocates." Search Engine Watch also had an interesting post on what has and has not changed about the internet. There is a fascinating comment on the strength of internet forums. "2. Invest in Forums, They May be the Only Constant

Ah yes, forums. I first spoke about forum marketing back in 2005, and I still talk about it now.

I know the people I interact with on forums better than I know my Twitter people. We share a common, niche interest, and that gives us a bond that Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ can't even begin to replicate, not with all the circles or lists in the world." The links are listed below:

http://searchengineland.com/forums-are-so-much-more-than-signature-links-15440
    http://searchenginewatch.com/articl...ged-Online-Since-1997-5-Lessons-for-Marketers

Hope you find these helpful,

Shawn

The Content Authority, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  12. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    go to the forum related to your product or similar niche as your product. Use the forum signature and then make quality post/thread to help other member. Once you have good reputation and number of quality posts, then you will see more and more member clicking your signature

lifeplayer, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  13. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The same as everyone else has said really, join a selection of forums related to your niche and create quality posts on them. Link your sig to whatever you are promoting and whenever possible try and help people on the forums and make yourself stand out as an authority.

Dean_Saliba, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  14. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    Promote in the offer section.

nufox, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  15. Arjianwen

Arjianwen Peon

Best Answers:
    1.Find forums related to your website or niche .

2.Gain reputation if needed .

3.Edit your signature directing to your website .

4.Start making quality and usefull posts .

have fun !

Arjianwen, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  16. Ameripac

Ameripac Peon

Best Answers:
    Start important discussion about your business.
    Reply the other discussions.
    Place a signature in forum.
    Create Forum accounts as much as possible.

Ameripac, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  17. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Look for the forums that are related to your site. Add some information on your profile and put a signature link where they will able to know what you are trying to promote.

iandille101, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  18. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forums are one of the best place to promote business. Create account, update profile, add signature, avatar etc. Help other forum members by contributing quality content. Build your image on the forum, be active in all the forum categories. You would surely get some good amount of visitors from forums.

MilesWeb, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  19. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Listen to lifeplayer, and you might get some quality traffic in whatever your promoting on your signature.

James Byun, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  20. marcssteve

marcssteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Every one know that Forum is effective platform or promotion idea to increase your business. I think in this time quality content or unique type of content is most important thing and You have to try some related type of forum posting work and it really helps in this subject.

marcssteve, Sep 27, 2012 IP