1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to select keywords for posts

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Zohaibsherkhan, Aug 1, 2012.

hi i am going to start a wp blog and i want to know how to select keywords and meta description for main page as well as my posts? is there any useful software

Zohaibsherkhan, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  2. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean a plugin for you to capture the meta tags and so on?

nufox, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  3. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    Simply create natural handwritten posts and add some good keywords into your title, posts and tags. Using it twice is good but dont over do it.

3dPrinting, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  4. Zohaibsherkhan

Zohaibsherkhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    no dear nufox i want to know that how to select keywords and make description. i need any good informative how to article or video or any tutorial and if you know any good plugin that can help me please must inform me.

Zohaibsherkhan, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  5. Zohaibsherkhan

Zohaibsherkhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks 3d printing. and what about selecting keywords any good site. or tutorial about that.

Zohaibsherkhan, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  6. scholarsjunction

scholarsjunction Member

Best Answers:
    Target you main keyword on your blog homepage. And for each post your title and description will be related to your post.

scholarsjunction, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  7. Mattbo

Mattbo Member

Best Answers:
    Meta Keywords are not used much these days.

But its good to have them; try and think of the phrases / keywords people will use to find your content and use those.

Mattbo, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  8. TechWombat

TechWombat Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are many software tools to help you with this. If you are willing to invest in the site, get a paid keyword tool like Market Samurai. They have excellent how-to videos and articles on how to use their software to find worthwhile keywords to target. Otherwise if you want free software, take a look at Google AdWords Keyword Tool.

Unfortunately I can't link to anything yet (my account is still too new) but I have found some easy to understand seo tutorials on InfoBarrel.com. Google search "web content writing beginner guide infobarrel" or another helpful one for LSI keywords can be found with "lsi keywords for seo infobarrel". I like InfoBarrel a lot because they don't assume you know everything like most seo blogs.

TechWombat, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  9. rajkumar.creativelipi

rajkumar.creativelipi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yes there are lot of tools available online for analysing the keywords. Google keywords tool is the best and mostly used. just using this tool you can analysis the all the traffic according region. you can search on google its free.

rajkumar.creativelipi, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  10. zencrow

zencrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Google keyword tools is the best one...comparing to other freely available KW tools

zencrow, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  11. dingshanshan

dingshanshan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree, googel keyword is nice.

dingshanshan, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  12. gailbradshaw

gailbradshaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Target your main keyword and use it in blog also...

gailbradshaw, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  13. sywids

sywids Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keyword determined from the topic you want to develop in the blog. We recommend that you use all-in-one-seo-pack plugin. The title should contain keywords. Description must make targeted keywords.

You can fill in it in the admin settings on the plugin.

sywids, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  14. KimWilhelm

KimWilhelm Peon

Best Answers:
    Simply create natural handwritten posts and add some good keywords into your title, posts and tags. Using it twice is good but dont over do it.

KimWilhelm, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  15. sywids

sywids Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you KimWilhelm. Don't be over with keywords in contents.

sywids, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  16. The Content Authority

The Content Authority Peon

Best Answers:
    Zohaibsherkhan,

Good question. You should determine what the blog is about and choose keywords from there. Keyword research is essential in this endeavor and the Google Keyword Tool is your best bet for finding the ideal keywords. Kissmetrics has an excellent step-by-step guide to keyword research here- http://blog.kissmetrics.com/keyword-research-part-1/. This is a section in which the post talks a little bit about using the Google Keyword Tool: "Google AdWords Keyword Tool. " The next tool up is the commonly referenced Google AdWords Keyword Tool. If you have a Google account and, better yet, an AdWords account, I would suggest signing in to those once you arrive on the Google AdWords Keyword Tool to get better results. To give you an idea, I searched for social media when I was not logged into my account and received 100 keyword ideas. I searched for it again when logged in and received 800."

The Search Engine Journal also has a guide to free keyword research tools; some of which might surprise you. "Previously, I have talked about the keyword research tools and ways to organize your keyword list. But where to start? How to find the correct core terms that you will then explore and expand? What you can do first: Make a list of most essential aspects of your business; Think what your visitors or customers would be most interested to see; Learn what your competitors use (but don’t copy their strategy – sort out only most essential and useful terms); Explore your niche essential vocabulary – check out dictionaries and glossaries." You can find the rest of the article at this URL: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/keyword-research-where-to-start/7217/.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

The Content Authority, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  17. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    Use google keywords tool. It helps alot

nufox, Sep 21, 2012 IP