1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which should i start( php OR asp.net)?

Discussion in 'C#' started by alamlinks, Sep 1, 2012.

Hello friends,

2 year latter of my MCA now I want to come back to software development. So please suggest me which is best for me, means which is will be better and future market of which one these is bright.

Thanks & Regards

alamlinks, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  2. bibinsmk

bibinsmk Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the present situation both PHP and .net are good. You have decide go with either one. Personally I suggest .net.

bibinsmk, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  3. TayyabRazaq

TayyabRazaq Peon

Best Answers:
    .Net is best

TayyabRazaq, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  4. agitetech

agitetech Peon

Best Answers:
    I would prefer .Net. .Net has a better future.

agitetech, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  5. ericlewis107

ericlewis107 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion PHP is too good better than ASP because PHP is user friendly and easy to use.

ericlewis107, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  6. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which servers will you be writing for, Windows or Linux? .Net runs on Windows servers, PHP runs on just about all servers.

Rukbat, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  7. usman8

usman8 Banned

Best Answers:
    PHP is best as compared to .NET. Controls of PHP are best and easy to use but controls and conditions in .NET is most difficult. Help is available online on PHP but in .NET getting help online is most difficult task.

usman8, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  8. Alenzo Kepper

Alenzo Kepper Member

Best Answers:
    I have some suggestions for you
    • Research in market(local city or near by IT hub) and see opportunities for fresher. Definitely PHP provides more for freshers.
    • If there is a little chance of .Net fresher job in your near by city go for only ASP.Ner
    • For long term like web projects that runs on intranet inside a big organization use only .Net because of Support provided by Microsoft.
    • .Net is more secure and widely used in web project(I am not talking about websites, shopping sites, CMS or other small projects).
    • At experience of 4 to 5 years every company focus on a person quite intelligence at database site rather than programming. ASP.Net will allow you to work with SQL Server which is itself a large database.
    • MySQL is good enough I am not against. But you want to see yourself in Microsoft, IBM, HCL after five years. They give preference to only Java, .Net, Visual C++, Oracle, MS
      SQL Server. Even the largest leader in India Infosys publish only above requirement to get a job.
    I am mentioning again I am not against PHP and MySQL. My friend work in PHP and withdraw more than 60K salary per month. They do feel ASP.Net is quite better because child of Microsoft.

I am a ASP.Net programmer having 4+ experience. That's why I am just giving you a vague idea to chose.

One thing should keep in mind always no matter field you chose, always keep updated yourself and improve logical and problem solving skill and not to say communication skills.

Alenzo Kepper, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  9. Sergey Turin

Sergey Turin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A good programmer must learn it both. But however i was born for Windows development =), my own choice is .NET.

Sergey Turin, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  10. Alenzo Kepper

Alenzo Kepper Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I totally agree with you. It's a time of centralization and mobile apps. We must know the different method used by different languages to communicate with outside environment.

Alenzo Kepper, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  11. ggiindia

ggiindia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me, PHP is much better asp.net because PHP is more demanding language rather then asp.net...

ggiindia, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  12. ssmm987

ssmm987 Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you want to do with it. My experience is that Php is much wider used, and easier to learn. On the other hand Asp.net will make it easier for you to switch to software development when you are tired of web development. That is a consideration you have to make.

If you are still not sure, I can only repeat what is said some posts ago: Research the market: which language are the most jobs in?

ssmm987, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  13. dollarfish

dollarfish Member

Best Answers:
    They both are good, but here are some differences:
    PHP less expensive hosting server you need only apache webserver, more popular in the web.
    ASP.NET will run only on windows hosting which is most cases is more expensive, but it's more easy to learn and coding is much faster.

dollarfish, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  14. gym.prathap

gym.prathap Peon

Best Answers:
    gym.prathap, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  15. funkseo

funkseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm developing with .net from 2001 and I'd say go on with php because you can find lots of ready projects with PHP

funkseo, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  16. vitaldon

vitaldon Member

Best Answers:
    .NET is more object-oriented than PHP (so, in programming paradigm .NET is better), but if you are going to spread your web-application on your own web-farms you have to buy licenses for all machines with Windows Server. Nevertheless, with clouds coming up, these problem partially will be solved.

vitaldon, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  17. daniel_r

daniel_r Member

Best Answers:
    I agree.

PHP was more popular because every webhoster supported php (IMO the main reason is/was => it's free)

c# is OOP
    php CAN but isn't required to be OOP, so it's IMO easier to learn it.

I learned c#, visual basic in the school and in my job, but i prefered php because forums became my hobby and i had to learn it.

Now i'm sticking with php because i'm much more familiar with it.
    Sometimes i miss the good old days, because the .net framework has provide many great things (e.g. classes) which aren't available in php. You need to code it yourself or choose one of the many available frameworks.

daniel_r, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  18. jiah

jiah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me you have to choose PHP. Because in PHP you will get the job easily.

jiah, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  19. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both Asp.Net and PHP are good to learn. PHP is very easy to learn, but i would like to suggest ASP.NET. So now you have to decide either ASP.NET or PHP.

annaharris, Mar 28, 2013 IP