1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Exact Domain Name Match

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by doc.zain, Sep 17, 2012.

There was a time when we believe that google give great importance to exact domain name match. Like if I have to target they keyword "Physical education and health" than I should look for the domain physicaleducationandhealth.com no matter how long the domain name is but it was preffered to get the exact domain name. But now in many articles I read that Google now looks down upon this strategy.

I want to know experts opinion on this if Google really looks down upon this method now or this is just a rumor?

doc.zain, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  2. The Content Authority

The Content Authority Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi doc.zain,

This is a very important question. As with many SEO questions and concerns, there is not a clear answer. However, it does seem that many EMDs were hit hard with the Panda update. What is important to note is that it is not specifically that the sites use EMDs, but how they use those EMDs. For example, if it used simply as branding, then it is useful. However, if that same name is used in anchor text it can appear to be a spamming site. There are several articles on the Web covering how the Panda update has influenced EMDs, here is one very comprehensive piece that covers both EMDs and PMDs:

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/are-exact-match-domains-in-decline

Hope this helps,

Shawn

The Content Authority, Sep 17, 2012 IP
    doc.zain likes this.
  3. doc.zain

doc.zain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot for the reply. It helped me a lot.

doc.zain, Sep 23, 2012 IP