1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has facebook gone too far?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Jamespete, Sep 15, 2012.

Hi guys,

I have been a Facebook user for about five years now. I always felt it was excellent for keeping in touch with friends. I find now they have introduced too many things that are a bit too intrusive. One example is allowing people to see who has viewed their profile. Another is seeing what music people are listening to on Spotify if you forget to turn privacy off.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Thanks James

Jamespete, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  2. pdmac8

pdmac8 Member

Best Answers:
    What you have to remember is that there are many different types of people using FB in many different ways.
    I use it to keep in touch with old friends but I have friends who broadcast their entire lives on it with pictures of their kids first day at school & even first time they used the potty.

I think FB is there for everyone & you just need to set your privacy to the level of user you want to be!

pdmac8, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  3. Jamespete

Jamespete Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a fair point. In a way Facebook should offer something to everyone at varying levels of privacy. I guess if you are that sensitive about any type of intrusion then don't use Facebook at all

4. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only use FB for promoting my own websites and nothing else not really worried about the privacy issues either as all the details for my account are far from the trueth,only had my account 2 years and never do any social side of it as i cannot stand it.

Mega B, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  5. Jamespete

Jamespete Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more. I also use Facebook for SEO purposes - for this it is really useful. Unfortunately for my own personal account due to what I think is a privacy invasion that has slowly crept up over time, I have become totally disenchanted.

6. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hence this is the reason they dont have any single bit of true information on me,it was odds on favourite that this would happen at some stage and with the amount of information that they hold on file of all the members some would become 3rd party for a financial gain to FB.

Mega B, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  7. Jamespete

Jamespete Peon

Best Answers:
    Well they will need to make a lot of financial gain if the stock price is not to fall further!

8. KevinChapman

KevinChapman Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree! I don't really use it that much personally anymore. People share way to much and it's a bit off putting!

KevinChapman, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  9. Jamespete

Jamespete Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. It's only going to get worse.

10. Peazz

Peazz Member

Best Answers:
    I recently had to check my 'allowed' applications, one of them was using my email contacts ( via facebook ) and spamming them min 10 times a day, admitidly it was my own fault, i should of checked what it allowed, but still facebook allow this?

Peazz, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  11. Jamespete

Jamespete Peon

Best Answers:
    These allowed "applications" have to be treated with the upmost care. The problem is everything seems to be hidden away and hard to find.

12. anurocked

anurocked Peon

Best Answers:
    From the start Facebook has refined and grown to a good level and still there are many innovations will happen, it has revolutionized the way social setup use to be sometime back say 10 years ago.

anurocked, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  13. Jamespete

Jamespete Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't disagree with that, I just find it difficult that certain elements of Facebook relating to privacy now sail a little bit too close to the win for my liking as mentioned above.

14. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously ,and I pray to GOD ,
    long live facebook.

lolpasslol, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  15. backlinksrockstar

backlinksrockstar Peon

Best Answers:
    There are actually privacy options that you can use on Facebook if you don't want to share information with the public. =) Just don't forget to use this.

backlinksrockstar, Sep 21, 2012 IP