1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your biggest mistake in Internet Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by IMPackage, Sep 6, 2012.

My biggest mistake is keep registering new domain names and letting them expire, what's yours?

IMPackage, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  2. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Selling cheap stuff to make more sales while it's so much more profitable to sell 2-3 expensive items and still have the same profits minus a lot of work and hassle with 100 customers who bought the cheap product.

syda, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  3. websolutions85

websolutions85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have done the same mistake registered Tens of domains and didn't do any work on them. But i have four more months to work on them because expirey date will come after four months.

websolutions85, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  4. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    my biggest mistake was that i started my business without proper understanding.for that reason i had to suffer much.after passing a long time i have understood it.

eyesight, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  5. PaulCpR

PaulCpR Active Member

Best Answers:
    My biggest mistake was thinking that you could envision, plan, develop, test, fine tune, etc etc etc.... all by myself.. while it is possible for "hard workers" ... it is a pitfall for many (including me)..

PaulCpR, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  6. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your biggest mistake is your biggest lesson learned.

My mistake is trying to manage too many websites by myself, especially since the websites I manage need constant updating.

echo_unlimited, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  7. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google panda has penalized my website in may 2011. After that I had tried to find out reason behind this. And then I found that meta tags of my website are placing very poorly.

jhardy2008, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  8. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joining some crappy networks and work for them for more than 6 months without payout. :(
    But the best part is that at that time I learned all the things of working in the industry.

digitalwebman06, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  9. mmbus

mmbus Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that's a mistake of mine too. I launched 5 new blogs in the same two week period thinking I could handle it. And while I'm making it work, I wish I would have staggered them a bit.

mmbus, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  10. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My biggest mistake is that I come up with good ideas to make money and I then immediately come up with ideas why it won't work. ;)

Dean_Saliba, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  11. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being contented on what my websites are earning before while disregarding the competition and not being aware that the method that drove traffic to my websites will eventually get saturated.

Lesson learned: Keep the fire burning, learn new methods everyday, don't settle on what you have now! Like what Steve Jobs said "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish"

irule272, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  12. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not building a email list when I first started online. Capture the lead first and sell later is the formula for success.
    I had to figure that out the hard way.

tac88, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  13. michaelt

michaelt Peon

Best Answers:
    Starting a project and completely forgetting you even did it, I must have a few hundred in ad networks and affiliate accounts which I just totally forgot about, passwords and emails too I’ve done that a few times and domain and hosting bills. Leaving PPC networks running, silly things like spending money with PPC networks while the phone line is unplugged I have hundreds of mistakes I’ve made it’s just part of learning.

michaelt, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  14. ReneGlasow

ReneGlasow Peon

Best Answers:
    Not taking care of my list. :( I am very lazy when it comes to writing email campaigns... Big mistake!

ReneGlasow, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  15. Gigaports

Gigaports Peon

Best Answers:
    I was investing too much in only 1 ad network, without testing others.

Gigaports, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  16. Daryl Green

Daryl Green Member

Best Answers:
    @Dean This might sound far out, but bear with me here. After you think of the idea stick your tongue out and grab it quite firmly with your thumb and finger and breathe. This is a short cut to a clear mind, but not something to be attempted if you are on the tube (unless feeling brave!)
    The mind chatter you get that talks you out of stuff is driven by the same muscle sets that are used in actual speech. So if you halt those muscles from working briefly and breathe you get a quite space for the idea to just be there.
    Then you can write it down and afterwards take into account any reasons why not, as long as you give equal time to take into account reasons why yes.
    Hope this hack helps you.

Daryl Green, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  17. cbondcarolina

cbondcarolina Guest

Best Answers:
    My biggest mistake was not following-through with one of the bigger projects I had worked on. I had been struggling for years trying to make my first dollar online (that's right, I'd gone years without making a dime). After moving from product to product, forum to forum, course to course, I finally got to a place where I picked up so many little nuggets of knowledge that I was able to put them altogether into something that was real.

About halfway through the project, I had made nearly $100 in about four days work (it was really about $50 when taking all of my expenses into account, but still, it was more money than I had ever made online). Almost immediately following that grand achievement, I just stopped working on it. I'm not sure of the exact reason for that (maybe I felt I wasn't making enough money fast enough), but it has become the most regrettable decision I ever made. If I had kept with it, I could have really turned that whole project into something special, where I would have made more money than I would have ever thought, but I lost all of the momentum that I had worked so hard to build.

I did, however, learn something very important from that experience: never let your foot off the gas pedal. Online business is one of the most competitive ventures you'll ever undertake, and if you let up even just a little bit, someone else will step in to earn the dollar that could have been yours. I'm somewhat glad I experienced that failure, because I'll never make that same mistake again.

cbondcarolina, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  18. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Stopping regular communication is my biggest mistake,
    now I am regular in communication.

lolpasslol, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  19. Scott R

Scott R Peon

Best Answers:
    Not taking enough action when I first got started... If we only knew then what we do today lol..

Scott R, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  20. leosurf

leosurf Peon

Best Answers:
    My biggest mistake was not having enough focus (too many life commitments). Not following through to the end.

leosurf, Sep 17, 2012 IP