1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you make a living with content writing?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by aharris77, Jun 18, 2012.

1. EvaBrown89

EvaBrown89 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that you'll became millionaire (or just rich man) with writing but you can earn your living with it. But you should sit 8-10 hours per day at the computer and work, work, work...

EvaBrown89, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  2. Michael Baptiste

Michael Baptiste Banned

Best Answers:
    Its very possible to earn a good living just writing content and posting blogs
    articles and videos online so that you can generate a good amount of income
    as well.

I make good money by blogging and using social media to promote my content!

Michael Baptiste, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  3. timbonitus

timbonitus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes you can but finding clients takes some time. You need to build a reputation, etc. Plus not everyone can handle a writing career.

timbonitus, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  4. mindmedia

mindmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am an direct sales copywriter and I make my living off it. You too can! Keep it up, don't give it a slack or lose hope. For more tips and tactics to survive as a freelance writer, check my blog below.

mindmedia, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  5. UKwriterforyou

UKwriterforyou Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can with hard work and determination!

Alexander

UKwriterforyou, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  6. persons

persons Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if u can write fast and good quality sure u can but its long and boring

persons, Jul 28, 2012 IP
  7. darknight2010

darknight2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really takes a lot jolt to get the ball running and make living out of that. You really need to push up for quality and never degrade your rate . I think thats the only thing that separate you from cheap writers.......

darknight2010, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  8. DeepThink

DeepThink Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing is a "by-the-side" gig for me. However being a freelance writer does hold a lot of opportunities.

DeepThink, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  9. ElleSorbet

ElleSorbet Member

Best Answers:
    It's definitely possible! And even if article writing isn't your thing...there are numerous other types of writing or online jobs out there as long as you're a bit open minded.

ElleSorbet, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  10. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're part of the "old guard" you'll find the present reality appalling, especially if you're into content writing.

My advice is to move up the ladder. Specialize (depending on what you did during your hiatus) and go to a niche that hasn't been swarmed yet.

It's all about staying ahead. I've been doing content writing, press release writing, copywriting and I never looked back once I felt the masses closing in.

geegel, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  11. AaliyaaLia

AaliyaaLia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes you can.... although my sister is doing it for part time.

AaliyaaLia, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  12. freelancerIT

freelancerIT Peon

Best Answers:
    I write content as a part time job. I like to write and I can make some extra money doing so. Some do it as a normal job and they make some nice money, but I wouldn't want to ruin the pleasure of writing. If I would write daily as a job I would get tired of it.

freelancerIT, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  13. bosnianguru

bosnianguru Member

Best Answers:
    If you work hard everyday then ya it shouldn't be a problem!

bosnianguru, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  14. parvezahmed

parvezahmed Peon

Best Answers:
    oh, yes, I can make a living with content writing.
    [h=1][/h]

parvezahmed, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  15. seowiz1

seowiz1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many great places such as Elance to turn your copywriting skills into a full time income if you're good at what you do.

seowiz1, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  16. skidkoy

skidkoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Textbroker is a piece of shit. After submitting writing to them, they made corrections of items that were perfectly correct. Their editors are uneducated buffoons. They do not understand the difference between defining and non-defining relative clauses. They also do not recognize the purposes of passive voice and active voice. Active voice is used for action, to move the reader along more briskly, and to imbue emotion, while passive voice is used for politeness, careful descriptions, and to slow the reader down. Passive voice is not a mistake, but a tool. It is useful for its particular purposes.

Also, they do not follow their own rating system. They incorrectly rated my writing, not only based on its real quality, but also based on the quality their illiterate editors estimated it at. The rating was incorrect. They never corrected the level. Instead, they just made irrational ramblings that were disconnected thoughts. It read as if they were stoned while writing the email reply.

The shocking part is that they pass themselves off as guardians of the gate and do not recognize genuine talent when it stares them in the face. So I shook the dust off of my shoes there after reading reviews of experiences similar to my own. It appears they are purposely rejecting the better writers, driving them off, or trying to keep the payment level lower for them (to turn a better profit off of higher quality writing). Leave Textbrokers to the dogs.

skidkoy, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  17. skidkoy

skidkoy Peon

Best Answers:
    My chief source of income is from my Business Consulting services, but then I hold an MBA in Marketing & Advertising. I offer writing services in addition to my clients. Here on DP I offer writing and sometimes pick up some new clients for my Business Consulting. It is aimed at startups and those who have reached a ceiling or do not know how to get started. So writing is supplemental for me, with another purpose as well. Everyone must establish their own purposes for writing. Mine are to provide great product and to assist those clients who need it with other services in the realm of Business Consulting.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    skidkoy, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  18. danielyoung

danielyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    The website needs content on the site, of course you can make good money with writing articles.

danielyoung, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  19. skidkoy

skidkoy Peon

Best Answers:
    You must be well organized with information about where to earn money in order to succeed. If you do not establish this habit from the beginning you will either fail or at best flounder about.

skidkoy, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  20. jimrom

jimrom Member

Best Answers:
    I've made a living off and on for several years by writing content for other sites. I've tried all the content mills and had a little bit of success with them, but most of my income has come from private clients that need unique content for their websites. To answer the original question, yes, you can make a living as a good writer. Honestly, you can make a living as a poor writer as well, which has been demonstrated on about 3/4 of the websites I've ever visited.

As danielyoung pointed out, as long as there are websites that need content which are owned by people who can't or won't write that content themselves, there will be income opportunities for talented writers. Will you get rich from being a content mill for other people? No, but you can easily support yourself and your family if you work hard at it. However, there are other ways to make money from your writing, so explore your options and figure out where the market is either lacking or could stand a little bit more competition.

jimrom, Oct 2, 2012 IP