1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Websites about drugs?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Scheme, Nov 23, 2006.

I was wondering is it illegal to have a site about drugs and your experiences? Like for example.

I make a blog about acid, is that illegal? Just curious.

Scheme, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  2. JoshuaGross

JoshuaGross Peon

Best Answers:
    In the U.S.? I highly doubt it, but it might put you on the radar.

JoshuaGross, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is no problem with that.

Just dont advocate people breaking laws.

browntwn, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  4. Scheme

Scheme Guest

Best Answers:
    Would I have to put like an disclaimer or something to the effect of saying we do no think you should do this blah blah?

Scheme, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  5. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it.

It is not illegal to be high. So writing about your experiences about being high is fine.

Possession and trafficking are what are illegal. Sure you must posses the stuff before you got high, but once its consumed the evidence is gone. And blogging about it is after the fact.

And I would not worry too much for a small site, about some acid trips, getting the attention of the FBI or DEA.

But then again, if your in USA then I would not entirely rule it out. When it comes to issues of drugs, American law enforcement can be nazi's. May also depend on what state you live in. Some states a more liberal than others on "recreational" drugs.

axemedia, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  6. slipxaway

slipxaway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once you consume the stuff the evidence is not gone, it's in your bloodstream :) People can be cited for possession with a simple blood test. This is done all the time for DUIs (not all DUIs are alcohol related), public intoxication etc... I guess if you just sit in your house and no one knows about it, you won't get in trouble, but that doesn't mean it isn't illegal...

But yeah, for all intents and purposes, writing about your experiences is not illegal, but it may draw some unwanted attention that could find you in a compromising situation. My suggestion would be to get whois privacy and use an alias. Obviously this isn't fool-proof, but it helps a bit. Say some parent catches their kid looking at your website and knows enough about computers to do a Whois. They notice that you live a few blocks away and feel inclined to bring this website to the attention of your local PD. Now while they can't do anything outrightly, they may decide to keep a close eye on you, or you know, sometimes "anonymous" tips come in... Then if you have anything in your house, you find yourself in a bad situation :)

slipxaway, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  7. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    DUI is not possession. It's being drunk, or high, while operating a motor vehicle on public roads. And having the drugs in your blood stream is not possession. Your not allowed to possess the physical substance, that does not include the by-products of smoking it, or interacting with you body chemistry.

Having it in your blood stream does not mean you put it there yourself. Would need hard evidence to prove that, such as possession.

axemedia, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  8. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    i think as long as your not promoting, or saying its ok to take illegal drugs you will be ok.

especially if your posting about the negative effects etc drugs can have.

just-4-teens, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  9. slipxaway

slipxaway Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know what DUI is, I was just stating that they can't prove it until they examine your blood. So therefore, the act of possessing it in your blood is directly related to the charge. If it wasn't there, you wouldnt be charged for DUI...

But they do this for public intoxication as well. If you're walking down the street high off your ass, even if you're not causing a disturbance or dont have anything on you, a cop could cite you for public intoxication and a blood test would prove that... So in this sense, just possessing it in your bloodstream is illegal.

10. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe in Canada bro... but definitely not in the U.S.

It's not possession but it's being under the influence of an illegal narcotic which is illegal in all 50 states of the U.S.A.

As for the OP - depending where you are, it's fine. If you're promoting "content" which is regarding the drug and it's possible benefits and side effects - you're fine. But if you're PROMOTING the use of an illegal substance - you're possibly putting yourself at risk with SOMEONE who won't agree with you.

clenard, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  11. Scheme

Scheme Guest

Best Answers:
    Alright, well I just was thinking of starting a cannibus forum for users to share there experience's and enjoy the culture.

I am not sure this is illegal now is it? As long as it's on the forum and no one says where the live and if they have any?

I just don't want the police to be breaking down my door and searching through my house (with out a warranty though theres not much i can do) for substances.

Scheme, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  12. slipxaway

slipxaway Active Member

Best Answers:
    well look up the laws of your state. In PA I can possess upto an ounce and it's only a misdemeanor, so I wouldn't really care if they came busting in just for that. Though my wife wouldn't be happy... But generally speaking, if you're running a forum for drugs, you probably should make damn certain you dont have any in your house.

13. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about what you understand for drugs and where you actually live.

Unless you live in the Netherlands, psycho tropical drugs are illegal even if recreational.

Pharmaceutical medications are other thing :rolleyes:

Mystique, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  14. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's a ton of communities out there so see how they're doing it. But yes, I agree with others who have said "look up the laws". I know in California people drive around with Chronic Stickers on their back windshields... it may be a little different but people take the risks every day and never get bothered. Just check it out! :p

clenard, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  15. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you realized that most of those communities are "underground".

This more likely compared to warez communities, but never heard of druggies online communities, LOL

Pat Gael, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  16. Scheme

Scheme Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, but I don't want it underground. I just don't want to get in legal troubles with a site about weed.

I know erowid.org has no legal troubles and they have user experiences and things.

Scheme, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  17. evera

evera Peon

Best Answers:
    We also run a illegal drug related site in Switzerland since over 8 years now and we never experienced any problem, besides getting banned from adsense and others. But we are a non-profit organisation anyway therefore we got rid of ads at all...

http://www.eve-rave.ch => Our site is in German.

The idea is to give accurate, unbiased and honest information, one thing that official sources mostly can't give. Because we just accept the fact that people will always do drugs, and the government still has the unrealistic dream of a drug free society. And drug users don't buy that.
    We also do drugckecking, that means we analyse ecstasy pills for their content.
    And we run a discussionboard where people talk about their experience with drugs, write tripreports and give advise to other people.
    http://www.eve-rave.ch/Forum
    With focus on information and harmreduction.
    Therefore we had to enforce some tight rules on our web in order not to get into trouble with authorities.
    First of all, we do not allow people to talk about sources of any substances, even if they were legal.
    Moreover we disallow users to give detailed instructions on how to make any drug. Furthermore, no links to pages which are selling substances, and of course no dealing. And we don't promote drugabuse, we just give info and tell what they better should not do.
    With this rules we want ensure that no1 can blame us in case one of our users is getting into trouble by doing drugs.
    And it works out fine. Some authorities even use us as reference and source for up to date information about drug trends.
    And we never had a raid or something, eventhough also our staff talks openly about their drug experinces.

But I'm not sure if this liberal concept is possible in the USA.

evera, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Bit of a grey area I think. There are many harm reduction sites on the web, one such site bluelight.nu The Malaysian blogger who ran sixthseal.com got fucked up, so you'd wanna be careful. If your not condoning it, but promoting harm reduction and describing trip reports etc I would think it would be ok. Regarding the sixthseal.com dude, although he detailed various trip reports on his blog, I think it was for possession that he got done for, although it was probably his blog which brought attention to him in the first place. And you know how Asian drug laws are :rolleyes:

dcristo, Jan 30, 2007 IP