1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help me to choose/find a path

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by SNo, Sep 8, 2012.

Hello and thank you for your time (reading this).

First of all i should say that i'm not a newbie on web (I'm doing well in my country and my language), but i'm a newbie on EN and International (making money online).
    I need help to choose or find a path to go forward on making money.

I think it's better to say what i'm capable of and then you say what should I do. So :
    • I'm an experienced php developer (also know mysql,html,js,css,... as well).
    • I started my first real website about 5 years ago.
    • I have some good local websites (one of them has +100K mobile verified user and counting ...).
    • I'm creative (I think so :p ).

Some may ask why I want to start over when I do well in my country. The answer is I prefer to get payed (earn money) in $, because of my circumstances.
    The problem is that I don't have any experience in English websites.
    I tried freelancer.com, but it's hard to start there. There is a lot of opportunities but I think competitors are better than on taking jobs. (also I don't like being a freelancer, but if I have to ... :cool: )

Please don't ask where I live (I don't like to be misjudged because of my country)

SNo, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  2. Lewey Lu

Lewey Lu Guest

Best Answers:
    Find path? Hit me up. I'm good at building list, setting up the funnel and traffic generation. Email me at if you need anything.

Cheers,

Lewey

Lewey Lu, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  3. Legacy1

Legacy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Lewey mentioned above, try partnering with someone who has a different set of skills than your own, and work together to build up an online business. What you lack, she likely has the skills and ability to do the things you may not.

Plus, you mentioned having 100,000 mobile verified users from a local website. Can you monetize this? Send these people affiliate links to good products and/or services that you recommend to them. You may make very good money from this alone.

Legacy1, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  4. SNo

SNo Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

How I can find someone to trust and work with ?
    Plus I have Problem with paypal and other services (because of my country !!!).
    About that website, I'm working on it.

SNo, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  5. bigznet

bigznet Member

Best Answers:
    You said you have some "good local websites?" Before you can choose a product or service to promote, you need to understand why (or how) visitors found your website(s). What's the niche of these websites? You'll want to promote offers highly related to the subject and only suggest something if it's on the same topic.

bigznet, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  6. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    odesk and freelancer are the best site for getting online job or client.lot of people work in this platform.it is true that the competition level is very high here but i think it will be better for you to join here.

eyesight, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  7. Lewey Lu

Lewey Lu Guest

Best Answers:
    You can go to fiverr and sell your service if you really don't have enough cash flow at your hand. :)

Lewey Lu, Sep 13, 2012 IP
    SNo likes this.
  8. 3dy.ro

3dy.ro Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard to start on any freelancing site (the easiest start I had was on Elance, I believe... got my first job after about 12 well-written proposals).

However, since you said you don't like freelancing, just keep making websites and promoting them. You seem pretty good at it. There's really no need to do something you don't absolutely love. Money can come from your passions too.

3dy.ro, Sep 13, 2012 IP
    SNo likes this.
  9. SNo

SNo Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a freelancer user ...
    I'll do projects for about 1-4K $ for my local customers :D
    I don't think fiverr satisfy me:p
    But thank you, I didn't know fiverr ! It makes me think to develop a similar website in my local language :p
    Thank you 3dy.ro xD

SNo, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  10. MoneyGenerator

MoneyGenerator Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in agreement with 3dy.ro,staying focused on one task inwhich you have a desire for is key.Getting caught up in the latest and the greatest will only confuse and irritate you.Sounds like your good at the website creation,there is more than enough profitability in that alone.Good Luck!!

MoneyGenerator, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  11. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Apart from the obvious adsense and other PPC ad networks, I see several others possibilities:
    - affiliate marketing (clickbank, amazon and many others) as an affiliate, or better yet as a vendor
    - sell ad space on your space either directly or via a third party site such as buysellads.com
    - sell your services
    - sell physical products

But since you mention your country so many times, I hope it is not one of those banned by the US because in that case many companies can't do business with you because of the us law.

JamesColin, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  12. SNo

SNo Member

Best Answers:
    suddenly it's one of those :(

SNo, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  13. cbondcarolina

cbondcarolina Guest

Best Answers:
    You mentioned that you are skilled in mysql, css, html, and so forth. These are very marketable skills that very few people are knowledgeable in. It won't be hard to market your skills because people with these abilities are in demand and difficult to find. Try browsing the marketplace for forums like WF. There are always people looking for folks with your skill-set, and if you offer a competitive price, it would be hard for them to turn you away.

You mentioned that you have a mobile site with tons of users. This is a huge piece of leverage and you need to be using it. Marketers are always looking to partner with people who have large lists and websites with huge traffic, so it won't be hard for you to partner up with someone and make some good money as a result. Again, the forums are the best places to find these sorts of individuals. Do some searching, send messages, make post and start threads detailing the resources you have and messages will fill up your inbox. If you're persistent enough, it won't be long before you establish partnerships and and healthy client-base.

You're in a great position. Most of us are working towards acquiring the skills, resources and leverage that you currently possess. You already have them. Now you just need to learn how to market them. Best of luck to you.

cbondcarolina, Sep 14, 2012 IP
    SNo likes this.
  14. SNo

SNo Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you,
    I'll try.

SNo, Sep 15, 2012 IP