1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Color scheme of my site?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by znightmare, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Stephenbolt

Stephenbolt Peon

Best Answers:
    As we know website should be attractive from visitor's perspective but you cannot satisfies all of your visitor's. So Design your website as you like.

Stephenbolt, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  2. abiabiah

abiabiah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should try some light colors, like you can try sky blue with dark blue.. You see here at for borders you can see dark blue and for body you can use sky blue.

abiabiah, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The white on the lighter blue is definitely illegible -- I'd darken up that background a bit... the yellow on blue is 'iffy', but really I think the absurdly undersized fixed-metric (aka px) fonts are more at fault for that. (why the vBull dev's have such a raging chodo for such an inaccessible design practice is beyond me -- again hard to believe they have the cojones to charge money for that crap). Of much more concern is the occasional dark grey bits, which ARE 100% illegible on the blue... remember the rule, 50% luminance difference or more, where:

Luminance (y) = 29.9% Red + 58.7% Green + 11.4% Blue

Which is the emissive formula as found in the WCAG, the VGA specification, and the joint accessibility guidelines IBM, Apple and Microsoft worked together on back in the late 80's and early 90's. Naturally is different from the reflective formula used in things like Photoshop (since it was never really designed for screen work!)... if you run your foreground and background colors through that formula, and the difference is less than 50%, it's effectively illegible for a large portion of the population -- I like to aim for at least 75% (with a few minor exceptions) just to be sure nobody will ever have a problem with it.

But really, colors are the least of your worries, with all those fonts in PX... making it useless for large font/120dpi or larger users like myself without having to dive for the zoom -- something we shouldn't have to do in the first place if things were put together properly.

deathshadow, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  4. maxmash

maxmash Peon

Best Answers:
    hi znightmare... the blue color looks nice but can be straining on the eyes.. why dont you try something light like digital point.. i would suggest a white background after which you could play around with the text colors? we should keep in mind when designing a website that you would want people to come back because it looks neat and pleasant of course also because of the content too, but the best websites are the ones which are simple and neat with carefully chosen bright colors

maxmash, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I am a fan of blue color schemes. Here's a good article on color psychology and how colors affect your online business.

dcristo, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  6. HBz

HBz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should do a great big flip of things and transform the site into dark-text-on-light-backgrounds. Keep the blues if you like, but it will end up being much easier on the eyes.

HBz, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  7. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to make it according to peoples choice ,
    otherwise your site loose traffic.

lolpasslol, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  8. dynamic1234

dynamic1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    The site should have dark color form the top of the page and should get fad till reach at the bottom of the website....Where you can take any color that doesn't effect, but theme should be good.

dynamic1234, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  9. wyfytangsh

wyfytangsh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think blue in the homepage is not a good choice.

wyfytangsh, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  10. ranul2

ranul2 Peon

Best Answers:
    use white colour

ranul2, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  11. ranul2

ranul2 Peon

Best Answers:
    change colour of blog

ranul2, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  12. msherry

msherry Peon

Best Answers:
    Dozens of blue in the mix not looks nice .use a driftnet color scheme. Top 10 Resources To The Perfect Color Scheme for Web Designers. Are
    1. Color Lovers (www.colourlovers.com/)
    2. Kuler (www.kuler.adobe.com/)
    3. Beta Daily Color Scheme (www.beta.dailycolorscheme.com/)
    4. Color Schemer Gallery (www.colorschemer.com/)
    5. Unsafe Color match (www.neteffect.dk/colormatch/)
    6. More Crayons (www.morecrayons.com)
    7. Lamcal Colors (www.iamcal.com/toys/colors/)
    8. Color Palette Generator (www.color-palette-generator.com)
    9. Color Blender (www.meyerweb.com)
    10. Color Match 5k (www.colormatch5k.com/)

msherry, Sep 18, 2012 IP