1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many 301 redirection is ethical for SEO?

Discussion in 'Google' started by aniket123, Sep 13, 2012.

Dear Webmasters,

I have a website example.com there i have changed few inner page's URL path[eg: example.com/commercial.php to example.com/commercial-project.php] which already index by google and few of them already in search result. But now when visitor click on the search result page they getting 404 error. There almost 14 page's path has been changed.

I was thinking to redirect all old URL to new URL, but I am not sure that how many redirection will be consider by Google. So, please suggest me what will be better for that.

Thanking You,
    Aniket

aniket123, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  2. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could start a new website and redirect from the old one to the new one. I don't think there is a limit of 301 redirects, but it would stress the user.

imfusa, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  3. aniket123

aniket123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi imfusa,

Thanks for your response.

I can redirect to updated page only, no option to create a new site that's why I am looking for the solution...

aniket123, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  4. Sopi

Sopi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you redirect old pages on the same domain, you can create as many 301 as you want...

Sopi, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  5. Susheel.Singh

Susheel.Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One is good , maximum you can use only 2 . such as a - b - c , google will catch when you will create a-b-c-d , so please .... next time take care.

Susheel.Singh, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  6. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be absolutely OK to 301 redirect your 14 pages to the new URLs, as well as more if needed...
    I myself am planing to make such redirects of around a half of the URLs from one of my sites. Haven't done it yet as it is quite time-consuming when there is a number pages to redirect and unfortunately there is no other way since this is a static HTML site.

301 redirects are quite OK with all search engines.

abraxas, Sep 17, 2012 IP