1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Egyptian Protesters raid US embassy, remove US flag from pole

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So true. They themselves are the reason people wonder if aliens came down and built the pyramids.

@Bob I'm sure you said that about all the Australians killed in the Bali bombing. What were you whining about? There were millions of Indonesians going about their lives as law abiding citizens!

Obamanation, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  2. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Advice for the violent religious :

[​IMG]

Blue Star Ent., Sep 12, 2012 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Aww, now that isn't fair. That was their people, not ours.:cool:

robjones, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Latest news:
    A squad of U.S. troops dispatched by helicopter across the Libyan desert to rescue besieged diplomats from Benghazi on Wednesday ran into a fierce overnight ambush that left a further two Americans dead, Libyan officials told Reuters.

Captain Fathi al-Obeidi, whose special operations unit was ordered by Libya's authorities to meet an eight-man force at Benghazi airport, said that after his men and the U.S. squad had found the American survivors who had evacuated the blazing consulate, the ostensibly secret location in an isolated villa came under an intense and highly accurate mortar barrage.

"I really believe that this attack was planned," he said, adding to suggestions by other Libyan officials that at least some of the hostility towards the Americans was the work of experienced combatants. "The accuracy with which the mortars hit us was too good for any regular revolutionaries."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ador-battlebre88b1jg-20120912,0,7896457.story

More and more this is looking like Libya is asking for war. In an election year, Obama will have no choice but to send in U.S. troops.

Corwin, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  5. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Well aren't you showing that you are total loopys. The thread is about Egypt - read the TITLE. All that happened in Eqypt was that a flag got torn down - Big freaking deal.

Now Libya, and BTW it is a completely different country to Egypt, different culture, religious mix and government so you shouldn't be confusing the two. I feel as bad about the loss of foreign lives there as I felt about the loss of 5 Australian soldiers on the one day last week in Afghanistan while fighting your war on terror - surprised you haven't bought that up and offered condolences as we continue to die to support your mission to save the world.

The CIA flooded the country with weapons did they not? What happens when everybody gets a gun? It means the bad guys get guns. And there are lots of bad guys in Libya these days as they are no longer under control of a ruthless dictator who used to keep the bad guys under control. And these bad guys with guns are going to cause a lot of grief for a long, long time. It is something you will need to learn to live with - very sad, very true. It was nothing to do with the government of Libya, nor the general populace. Just a group of bad, evil shits with guns who will hopefully face justice.

SO what are you going to do, blame and bomb an entire country for the actions of a few? How's that working in Afghanistan? Iraq looks like a nice place to visit these days with only a few hundred a month being killed.

@Abomination
    You continue to sicken me with your posts. Comparing the tearing down of a flag in Egypt to the Bali bombings has reached a new low even for you. People around the world don't really hate America but they certainly hate Americans like you - put me at the top of the list. Repulsive hate filled nobody glued to a computer spreading bile.

boblord666, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Gotta kid that speaks fluent Arabic and lives in the region, but it never occurred to me to look at a map of the area. Thanks for the expertise.

robjones, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  7. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    @Bob I'm sure you said that about all the Australians killed in the Bali bombing. What were you whining about? There were millions of Indonesians going about their lives as law abiding citizens![/QUOTE]

I've calmed down a little. The Indonesian people are quite nice although I have only really talked to Balinese. When the Bali bombings happened Indonesia as a whole completely condemned the actions of a few. These few have been killed, executed or jailed for their part. The terror organisation responsible has been broken up and the Indonesians now have an anti-terrorist group that follows the US model - shoot first, call them terrorists and the world will just say good job.

The 200 million Indonesians who didn't take part in the bombings and who were going about their daily business continue to do so. I wish them all the best.

8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, you think simultaneous attacks, on American embassies, in ADJACENT MUSLIM COUNTRIES, on the anniversary of 9/11 - are you really trying to tell us that the two incidents are not related?

The difference between what happened in Egypt and what happened in Libya is that Egyptian police are protecting the U.S. Embassy in Egypt. If the protestors outside the U.S. Embassy in Egypt are successful in breaching the Embassy wall (and they are still trying as of the time I am writing this post) - what do you think they will do to the U.S. Ambassador there - buy him a nice dinner?

As of this writing, two U.S. warships are off the coast of Libya and 50 heavily armed United States Marines are making their way towards Tripoli. At least that's the official story. I'm willing to bet it's more than just two ships and 50 Marines, and that the USS Enterprise Carrier Strike Group is somewhere close by.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    Corwin, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  9. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Well yeah I do. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with 9/11 but everything to do with a jerk making a film that disrespected a religion. The dudes in Egypt are religious extremists and the dudes in Libya are apparently Al-Qaeda looking for any excuse to kill Americans. Not sure they would have open lines of communication. Not all that sure that 9/11 would actually mean that much to them at all.

I have no doubt that as all of Libya's defences have been completely destroyed that 2 US warships and 50 Marines would wreak a great deal of havoc if they so desire.

10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Big deal? Try climbing the wall of any embassy and you are likely to get shot. Trashing an embassy is not like robbing a house. You are basically assaulting a foreign nation.

Oh don't get all sanctimonious on me. If you can't take a little indifference toward the undeserved murders of your countrymen, why do you feel justified in dishing it out?

Poor Bobby. I hadn't realized you spoke for "People around the world". In fact, my guess is you haven't been around the world much at all. Having been around the world a bit, let me share my anecotal experience. Americans are generally liked most places. I say this based not only on my interactions with people, but also on what people say. Words like "Friendly", "open", and "generous" are the most commonly used adjectives.

Oh sure, there are the some whiners like yourself who drone on and on about "America does this", or "America does that", but by and large, your attitude is in the minority, even among French Canadians.

I've been around Oz a bit, and I think of Australians as I do my own countrymen. I suspect Americans like myself have more in common with Australians than almost any other country, including the UK, Ireland, or Canada. When you mentioned people like yourself marching against the NLP in Brisbane yesterday, I couldn't help but smile. 8000 Union workers, marching in the streets as a member of your conservative party keeps his campaign promise to cut the size of government following a landslide victory. Newman sounds a bit like Scott Walker, and I can see why folks like yourself would protest. I thought this wiki quote sums up the type of mandate he came to office with.

Obamanation, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  11. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    And Abomination proudly wore the nickname of Seppo while travelling Australia - Translation for you: You are a Yank which rhymes with septic tank and septic tanks are full of shit - short form of septic tank is Seppo.

Your friendly Australians mocked you each and every day. We can pick losers.

BTW Newman ran with a campaign promise of "The public service has nothing to fear" - and after election - he has cost 20000 public servant jobs. About as honest as any politician gets but don't let facts get in the way of any story.

12. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agrees with you on this. "Robjones is a worse moderator. He is bias in making critical decision about users." <----- This is criticism. "Robjones is a pedophile who molest children" <--- this is not criticism this is a personal attack. What happened in Libya is totally wrong. You can't blame/kill/punish one for another person's actions. But you have to agree that people mix criticism with personal attacks in the name of free speech.

In the time of 2nd Khalifa Ummar. People refuse to obey his orders until he gave an explanation for excess piece of cloth. And he did explain that. Freedom of speech was allowed 1400 years a go and it is still allowed in Islam (not talking about Kings and dictators) now. You have to differentiate what is criticism and what is personal attack.

wmghori, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  13. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Muhammad did some horrible things. Bad, bad things.
    2. The 13 minutes I've watched are an equivalent to a stinking pile of fresh manure rather than a professional production. The people who protested against it and made a mess out of the US embassies in Egypt and Libya are nothing short of imbeciles, truly worthy of being fed with such manure.
    3. Although questionable in terms of art and quality, this movie definitely gets its point across for all the world to see.
    Did we really regress to the day and age where we can't openly say "Muhammad is a douchebag" without fearing for our lives?

DevilHellz, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Before getting a hard on by thinking about all the guns on that carrier strike group (the usual phenomena with chicken neo-cons, scared shitless but excited thinking about killing), remember that this is the same Navy and Airforce that has made the present mess in Libya.

gworld, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    California man confirms role in anti-Islam film amid mystery over movie

There are jerks from California who just wanted to provoke a fight. They are convicted felons who wants to make quick money and does not even have a brain. On the other hand the one in Libya was really planned by terrorists and used the event for their purpose of terror activities.

Mitt Romney - a GOP candidate who politicized the event and use it for his personal purpose just doomed his campaign. Like a usual warmonger, wants to send troops (same as the GOP's in this forum) again to spend billions of dollars to vindicate. There are a lot of ways of doing things. We all hate the terrorist and we are all in one side but we don't need hotheads especially in the White House.

popotalk, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  16. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't catch who said it recently but it struck a chord with me.

"If Mitt Romney wins the Presidency there will be no countries left in the world to save by 2016"

boblord666, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you are taking your free speech guidance from forum rules. How does one "personally attack" someone who is dead? Are we going to unearth their corpse? Another thing. Statements of fact are not personal attacks.

Obamanation, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  18. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's clear you don't understand the issues. That's why you are so easily manipulated by them.

Corwin, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. Our free speech rules are not handled like the forum rules. Was following an Egyptian News FB page yesterday {the guy is shamelessly swiping al jezeera screenshots and slapping his own footer over them... typical isnt it?} and the pro-Islam kids were all giddy when they heard a US general had requested one of the people associated with the movie withdraw their support.

I explained to them that we don't take orders from the military here. They are accustomed to living in a society where all authority is vested in the government and the military. They may have the firepower here, but at least currently they are constrained by the constitution from just telling people what they can say as a matter of course. Constitutionally guaranteed constraint of power doesn't translate well into that culture. They have no frame of reference. They thought as soon as someone in uniform said it, it was a rule.

It was interesting reading the comments they had on the egyptian and libyan events. Basically they thought we were sending 50 Marines to occupy the country, not to provide security for diplomatic personnel.

But they can at least take heart in the Never-ending Apology Tour of the Obama administration. Sec of State Clinton was busy this morning saying Hey, the film was reprehensible and disgusting, but gee, we just cant do anything about that due to freedom of speech. Constitutional constraint just barely translates into the Obama administration.

robjones, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  20. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We need to send them more food, and give their military leaders some extra money to buy French jets, or maybe some Russian tanks.
    That always worked in the past, and helped calm things down.

satguy, Sep 13, 2012 IP