1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Egyptian Protesters raid US embassy, remove US flag from pole

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Sep 11, 2012.

1. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Yuk, yuk, yuk LMAO LOL - what a card.

Why would I give an anything about gun deals to drug lords in Mexico.

boblord666, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Meanwhile, back on topic... The US ambassador to Libya and three US personnel were killed in a rocket attack this morning. Obama embrasure of the Muslim Brotherhood is not exactly getting the reaction he'd planned on. At least i hope this isnt what our plan looked like. Hillary Clinton has condemned the attacks. That'll teach em.

robjones, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  3. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    You are an idiot. Egypt's population is 90 Million. If 2,000 go and protest at the embassy, how does this make Egypt after the revolution bad ? I don't support the protests and didn't support the revolution. Yesterday's protests in Egypt are simply pointless and stupid, this way, they are helping advertise the video to all Americans. They are not helping the case. Also, don't judge people who didn't get the same education as yours. Your country needs to help them not the opposite.

Also, I believe that Arab countries are not ready for democracy. Most people here think that democracy = protesting. Thanks to your country for that. True Democracy that is protected by laws needs education and gradual movement towards it.

Elberengy, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  4. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What else should we expect from the religion of peace? The US Embassy's statement is very uprising and is an utter disgrace. Obama's administration saddens me.

DevilHellz, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Egyptian troops were there to keep peace, they just didnt elect to interfere. That places responsibility squarely in the lap of the egyptian government. If the situation were reversed and we had armed troops on the scene and allowed protesters to invade a foreign embassy... We would be held responsible.

This whole thing is because these dorks are pissed at the content of a movie. Our government didnt produce it, someone living hete did. notwithstanding an absurd apology sent out yesterday, we dont tell people they cant criticize religions in his country. This forum is a perfect example of that. If the egyptian government is incapable of keeping people from raiding foriegn embassies, foreign embassies should leave egypt until they are willing to do so.

And yes, i agree the protesters are ignorant, but that's neither our fault or our concern. We have already seen an example of where this can go... In iran during the Carter term, in libya this morning where the US ambassador and 3 others were murdered. This is a good time to remove diplomatic personnel. They arent trained or equipped for combat and it's dumb to make them into sitting ducks.

6. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why am I an idiot if I am arguing your point? The revolution is bad because you say Arab countries are not ready for democracy, and you say peaceful and better educated Arabs in these countries didn't support the revolution.I think those are two pretty solid reasons. I'll add two more.

1) A democracy is only as good as the values and idea of it's people. Palestinains are a great example of this, which is why they voted out the PLO and Hamas when it looked like the PLO were going to make peace with Israel.

2) Revolution in any country is a destructive process filled with violence, instability, and with uncertain outcomes. Even under the best of circumstances it can wind up being an oppressive dictatorship (Cuba) following a long period of bloodshed, financial poverty and strife.

How can you not judge such behavior? More importantly, how can you not judge a regime that permits such behavior? An attack on a foreign embassy is an act of war. The US embassy is considered US soil, just as the Egyptian embassy in the US is considered Egyptian soil.

I don't see why we are responsible for them in any way. They are responsible for themselves.

They certainly didn't learn that killing people and trashing embassies is a legitimate form of protest from us. We lock people up in this country for that kind of behavior, after we judge them.

Besides, what these people are supposedly protesting is free speech. I can't think of anything more undemocratic. The timing of the protests would suggest what they are actually protesting is America.

Obamanation, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  7. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    You are right at this part. It's however, a result of those human rights calls. If the police beats a guy who is trying to break in the embassy, your human rights groups will go out and say, "Brutal police".

Then don't play the role of the world's police and savers. The best way to achieve peace with the middle-east is supporting education, schools, etc...

This is not what many people here understood. Your country has given many awards to those people who were calling for revolutions in the middle-east.

We don't hate the U.S. but we don't like your government. Hating a whole country is stupid.

8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Who cares what the human rights groups say? Your police are either doing their job or they are not. Who made the human rights groups the ultimate arbiters of justice? Some of those human rights groups are nothing but political weapons for terror organizations.

It is a government's job to maintain law and order in the most humanitarian way possible. Letting people pillage and murder is failure of a government to achieve its primary duty in an effort to fulfill some secondary duty.

Again, we are not responsible for you. Educate yourselves. Build your own schools. It isn't our problem. Sending billions of dollars to Egypt to pay your military or build your schools is a waste of your cash and breeds irresponsible behavior it would seem. If our president wasn't such an asshat, he would suspend the flow of US money headed to Egypt and Libya immediately.

Sure. People give awards for everything around here, including finishing last. When those people set buildings on fire and start killing people, they join our prison population. That is the difference between verbal protest and violent protest, and obviously your people don't understand that.

Hating a government is stupid too. There are many things about the US government I dislike as well, but there is no denying the US government does a lot of good worldwide and for it's own people. Depending on what we are talking about, it is better than most, and worse than some. On almost every scale, I think its safe to say we have Egypt beat, starting with free speech, continuing with rule of law, and religious freedom and freedom from oppression.

9. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    Then don't interfere in our matters then. Your government puts its nose in anything.

You don't realize that your government are sending the money because they are in need for us ? Egypt is the major player in the peace process in the middle east. Technically, you are bribing us not to fight your small friends. The money you pay aren't that big. $1 to $2 billion a year.. that's less than 1% of our GDP.

I guess I clearly meant the foreign policies and actions taken by people in your government. I don't care what your government does for your people. We don't dislike your government in a whole i.e Why would one dislike the minister of education in your country or the one in an equivalent position ? Don't take words literally, think of what people mean first.

10. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For the past 1400 years the Muslim world has constantly interfered in our affairs . When you guys will put your guns down there will be peace .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  11. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Though at first it was unclear who made the movie, the Wall Street Journal tracked down and interviewed Israeli-American real estate developer Sam Bacile, who said he wrote, directed and produced the film. The 52-year-old Bacile told the Journal that he made the film to portray Islam as a hateful religion:

"Islam is a cancer," he said in a telephone interview from his home. "The movie is a political movie. It's not a religious movie."

Mr. Bacile said he raised $5 million from about 100 Jewish donors, whom he declined to identify. Working with about 60 actors and 45 crew members, he said he made the two-hour movie in three months last year in California. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...arked-deadly-u-embassy-attacks-142118931.html

At least they are blaming the right country this time.

wmghori, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Which is it. Bribery is interference. If you want us to stop interfering, you would want us to stop bribing you. By the way, the proper term for paying someone not to commit acts of violence is extortion, not bribery. Both are criminal acts in the US.

The film was made in July. The Sept 11th date was obviously pre-planned, and the film was used as an excuse. All told, none of it is really surprising, except the apology by a sitting US president for something said by a private citizen.

13. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Like I said, doesn't matter what country it was made in. If made here, which appears to be the case, we have the right to criticize openly... regardless of whether it hurts someones little feelings. Frankly these guys already went on the warpath about a darned cartoon, so they've established they're nuttier than a bag of pecans.

This is what happens when people mentally stuck in the 7th century are given access to 21st century technology to see what the rest of the world thinks of their backward ways. Face it, their main line of reasoning is "You must not insult the religion of peace or we will kill you".

[Gee, lemme see... where's the flaw in that argument?]

Yeah... those boys just aren't right in the head.

But on a lighter note... the 13th Annual Miss Taliban contestants line up for the swimsuit competition:
    [Please address all fatwahs to "Rob Jones - 9987 Pissofftheidiots Dr. - ProudInfidel TX"]

Attached Files:

14. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. it is the responsibility of the home government to see to the safety of it's embassies. Failure to do that is a disgrace. The fact that an American Ambassador and three aids were killed in Libya is an act of war.

O.K., let me see if I have this straight... Someone makes a film saying that Islam is a religion of hate, and so Muslims in Egypt and Libya react in a way that proves the film correct???

Where is that picture of a Muslim holding a sign saying "Death to anyone who says Islam is a religion of hate"?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    Corwin, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  15. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    What a massive over reaction to a demonstration of 2000 people in Egypt. 10 times that many demonstrated by marching on Parliament against our new State conservative government yesterday in Brisbane - any one give a hoot about that? I didn't and it's my home town.

Get a little perspective in your lives.

boblord666, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Awesome. Did they scale the walls of the government building, tear down the Australian flag and put up a black flag of their own making?

17. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    OMG - did they do that in Egypt? What horror, what disgrace, tore down a flag!!!! Never had flag burning in the US then? It's one method people have of utilising their right to free speech.

Perspective: 89,998,000 Eqyptians went about their daily business of trying to make ends meet and survive in a harsh world.

boblord666, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  18. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It’s hard to believe that they were once the most advanced civilisation on the entire planet.

satguy, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize this thread is also about the events in Libya... right? They invaded the consulate and murdered our ambassador, a staffer, and 2 marines. I doubt your government would take that lightly, and hope ours wouldn't. Cant really say what they'll do with Barrack Hussein Obama in dubious control.

20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    article-2174603-1416D2E8000005DC-286_468x323.jpg

Do you remember how happy you and your friend were that USA can bomb Libya and kill Gaddafi? It doesn´t sound so great now, does it? :rolleyes: When is USA is going to learn that their foreign policy and the army cannot serve few corporations that think they can maximize their profit by using wars and instead they should think about country´s interest?

gworld, Sep 12, 2012 IP