1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why don't backlinks from AvivaDirectory show up in SERPs?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Lotus9, Nov 24, 2006.

What's up with that? No site with a link on that directory has a backlink from it on yahoo serps. Why?

Lotus9, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  2. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I find that hard to believe what URL are you using to check please post
    Thanks

britishguy, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    onlinedude likes this.
  3. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    It does look like right now that Yahoo has not fully indexed the pages in Aviva. It is easy to check with Yahoo's site explorer. Give it some time.

a389951l, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    onlinedude likes this.
  4. Lotus9

Lotus9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lotus9, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  5. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    amitpatel_3001, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    onlinedude likes this.
  6. Lotus9

Lotus9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Find me a backlink coming from Aviva. Who can do it? I bet noone.

Lotus9, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  7. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you say you checked every link and none showed up with backlinks from Aviva showing up on Yahoo, I haven't got reason to doubt you. But I fail to see the point of it. Aviva tends to be a good clean directory and the owner promotes it so I feel good about spending my money there.

JohnScott, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    britishguy likes this.
  8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They have a good amount of traffic as well as an excellent pagerank.
    I would not hesitate in recommending Aviva.

dvduval, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    onlinedude likes this.
  9. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    the pagerank alone would be good reason... ;)

but i not too sure about the traffic...

daboss, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  10. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Good point John we agree with you as when a directory is well promoted and managed that gives the directory a lot of credibility after all the owner has no direct control on the search engines irrespective if he does everything possible to ensure his backlinks are indexed

11. Lotus9

Lotus9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey yall...I'm NOT trying to say anything about Aviva....I just want to know why the backlinks don't show up. Trust me...I know all about backlinks, and how to look them up, and I can't find any sites on Aviva that show a backlink coming from Aviva. I know this is one of the top recommended dir around, so that is why I am all the more stumped. I just want to know why no BLs are showing up? I mean, the whole point of buying a link on a directory is to get a backlink, and I can't find anyone who is getting a BL from Aviva in the Yahoo serps.

Lotus9, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  12. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Please excuse me for my ignorance on this subject but as you seem to know the answer perhaps you can explain why the backlinks are not showing?

I have never seen a guarantee that a search engine will include all backlinks from any given URL, search engines have unique spiders,bots and algorithms but I have yet to see an assurance from a search engine that it will include every backlink to a given URL.

I think the thread needs to be generalized and get into the mechanisms of search engines and backlinks as opposed to referring to a given URL

13. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just a heads up here.
    I've rebuilt and resubmitted my sitemaps for 1 of my sites recently and today I have 1 :rolleyes: page indexed...
    Maybe something like this happened, dunno.

** Come on Lazy Bots...move your arses **

shenron, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  14. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    I see your point, indeed a bit strange that Yahoo indexed 45 pages of aviva. When performing the search for my directory with lets say the link to directory of v7n. it does show the link. http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...&y=Search+the+Web&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&x=wrt

More important for those how are listed in aviva is that Google does show some information, see this search http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=www.forplex.com+site:avivadirectory.com&btnG=Search which shows that google has found the link to in this case forplex.com.

Avivadirectory is recommended high quality web directory. I'm sure that in time even yahoo will properly index aviva.

WhatiFind, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  15. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    I've looked into this and the issue is that Yahoo! doesn't seem to have indexed most of Aviva Directory.

Backlinks are showing fine in MSN.

Both Google and MSN seem to be indexing the site fine and the backlink would count in these search engines.

I've contacted Yahoo! about this.

My understanding is that Yahoo! is pretty fickle but that it's really just a matter of time before this issue corrects itself.

And of course, I'll continue to build quality backlinks to Aviva.

onlinedude, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  16. romow

romow Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem of Yahoo failing to index well promoted sites such as avivadirectory is not uncommon. I'm sure they will pick it up eventually.

romow, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  17. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    ! Ask !, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  18. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The whole point? Honestly, I could care less about a backlink on a single search engine; it's just one link. ;)

The traffic I've received for our general web directory from our listing in Aviva is what I expected and has converted pretty well (thanks Jeff). And it's just a Standard Listing. I should have ponied up and bought a Featured Listing (my mistake).

Bottom line - it's given me a good ROI and I've been listed there less than 3/4 months I believe - I can't confirm as the "date added" for our listing isn't displayed.

Seems the other top search engines don't have a problem with the directory. I tend to look at the overall picture when deciding the value of a listing as opposed to just the PageRank or backlink.

Some directories have had a problem with Google in the past and I've still bought listings there for the other SE's.

CReed, Nov 24, 2006 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  19. Lotus9

Lotus9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys...thanks for all the replies. The reason I noticed, is because Yahoo is the main SE we target for SEO, and since the BL wasn't showing, well...I thought that was weird, because MSN and Google do show the BLs. I figured a site with this much exposure would surely be indexed properly by Yahoo. I find it strange that Yahoo hasn't picked up more pages from Aviva.

Lotus9, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  20. ssnet

ssnet Peon

Best Answers:
    yes this is definatly stange, i submitted to aviva v7n and alive at exactly the same time, months ago, and alive and v7n is showing in yahoo, there must be a exact cause why aviva aint showing?

ssnet, Nov 24, 2006 IP