1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelancer keeps delaying my money.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by DomainerHelper, Sep 7, 2012.

Freelancer.com keeps delaying my money. I have followed all rules, have active jobs, am not banned and freelancer.com has delayed my 3 withdraw requests 3 times. They claim the 15 day wait rule. My first request was a month ago, the second a week after. The last was August 26th. I contacted them today and they said that I will not get paid until the 21st.

"Sometimes we have to delay payments because we can not verify the funds.." - um I had numerous customers there, they cannot verify one single payment a customer made to me on freelancer?

I told the power company, internet company and my landlord I could pay them Monday Sept 10th and my utilities are set to be shut off on Tuesday. I have not eaten in 2 days because I had only enough food to feed my kids. I don't know what to do. I worked hard for all of that money and feel that I ought as well cancel the rest of my projects because freelancer.com is a scam and refuses to pay me.

i just dont get it, I have all 5 star reviews. I followed every rule. They won't even escalate the issue higher up.

What can I do? I just need to get my money to pay my basic bills. I dont know how to get my money.

DomainerHelper, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  2. DomainerHelper

DomainerHelper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THIRD TIME I GET THIS in the last 40 DAYS! I have not gotten one cent!!!! I have hundreds in my account. I am also a premium member.... scammed out of that money too.

3. DomainerHelper

DomainerHelper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    !!!SCAM!!! I can understand 15 days but I have waited 40 days!!!

4. Snat

Snat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not used Freelancer.com myself, but am interested in hearing if that is written in anything like their payment policies or their terms of service. Still not right though. A quick Google search shows they suspended people with money in their account, so at least they haven't done that!

Snat, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  5. Phoenix17

Phoenix17 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Freelancer has been known as a scam site ever since the changeover. Better switch over to elance/odesk.

Phoenix17, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    changing platforms doesnt help him keep the power on in the meantime...

is there any way possibility you can refund your clients in freelancer and they pay cash?

matt_62, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  7. freelancerIT

freelancerIT Peon

Best Answers:
    I have worked with them for some time but I never had problems with them.

freelancerIT, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  8. superhaze421

superhaze421 Member

Best Answers:
    They are not allowed to hold money, they are in violation of funds availability act, this is often used against paypal to make them release holds on monies

superhaze421, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  9. superhaze421

superhaze421 Member

Best Answers:
    Tell them they are in violation of the funds availability act, threaten them with legal action.

superhaze421, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  10. jonathancottlea

jonathancottlea Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no complete knowledge about Freelancer.com. I want to know about it. Please inform me.

jonathancottlea, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  11. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That Act applies to banks, not companies that set their own terms of service.

browntwn, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  12. mione

mione Member

Best Answers:
    This is really awful to read. As someone who has used the Freelancer website to find quality article writers and other services I am really disappointed to discover that the freelancer struggles to get the money into their account. Our business were recently interviewed about Freelancer for an English newspaper (the Sunday Times) and the interview might have gone slightly differently if we had known about this!

mione, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  13. lordofblogger

lordofblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Such a problem often faced by many users with different sites like freelncer desk, affiliate programs etc. There should be some kind of authority who can look into such a frauds and provide a reasonable decision to punish those cheaters.

lordofblogger, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  14. Earn Easy

Earn Easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is your account verified ? I mean , have u sent your docs ?

Earn Easy, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  15. sachindpm

sachindpm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    this is not good at all. we deposit some amount to their bank in india via IMPS and it has reached to their account immediatly. we open a ticket to request a deposit and its been 5 working days they have not deposit the same even not replying properly. the thing is they charge good fee while depositing money via credit card and all and this is the only reason they dont want user to pay via bank or they delay this to demote this practice. it has become a money making center not for freelancers around but for freelancer.com........... not happy........

sachindpm, Jul 3, 2016 IP
  16. klimbo13

klimbo13 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone The freelancer I work with was working fast and weel at first and managed to get me to pay him 3/4 of the whole project budget. And now he is dragging his feet. There is a whole front of the website still to be designed and linked to the admin section he developed. He once dissapeared for a week, then came back and did a little more work. Now he has dissapeared again, and I dont know if he is going to finish now or not... What can I do now? Mus I kiss all the money I paid goodbye or is there any sort of protection here from this sort of thing?

klimbo13, Aug 31, 2018 IP
  17. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the first story about huge freelance websites holding money and deleting accounts that I've read during the past week. It seems to be a big problem for lots of people.
    As I know, they have no rights for doing that, especially when people who made orders are happy with the result.
    Hope you'll find the way out of this situation and could switch to another website for a further work. Good luck!

Konnock, Oct 1, 2018 IP