1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Android game marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Zoro, Sep 8, 2012.

Hi folks,

I'm new to the android development. Recently friend and I made a game.
    Can somebody with more experience tell us something more about marketing on that field?
    Any suggestions? Tips? Offers?

We currently don't have any budget for commercial solutions, but we are ready to spin our selling income to marketing.
    Any help is appreciated :)

I already contacted more then 100 portals for review but got only few responses. :(

btw. if somebody needs to know what is our game about here is the link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=LightningStudio.QuizomaniaDemo

Zoro, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  2. techlead

techlead Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you need help on how to market it?

techlead, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  3. Lewey Lu

Lewey Lu Guest

Best Answers:
    You really need a media funding if you want to speed up your success. You can't get any advice here how to market that android game but one thing is for sure, you need funds to penetrate the market.

Cheers,

Lewey

Lewey Lu, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  4. Zoro

Zoro Active Member

Best Answers:
    techlead any help/tips are welcome....
    Lewey that's our fear... I still hope there are some things to do to make some revenue that can be invested into marketing. For now our best plan is to make more free games that could maybe bring more people in our network. Hope our effort isn't for nothing hehe :)

Zoro, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  5. StarmarkCreatives

StarmarkCreatives Member

Best Answers:
    Theres a few websites where you can pay a small fee for them to review it professionally for you, they post it to various other sites as well, well worth it

StarmarkCreatives, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  6. mriveran7

mriveran7 Member

Best Answers:
    You're best bet is to spread and hype your game as much as possible at different gaming forums, make youtube videos demoing your game, give out free review copies to authority bloggers, try to get as much followers on facebook and twitter. You could also raise money and get exposure by starting a Kickstarter. All of these suggestions can be done for free. You just have to put a lot of work in to it.

mriveran7, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  7. 3dy.ro

3dy.ro Member

Best Answers:
    If your game absolutely rocks, the Android Market will do all the marketing work for you.

If your game is average, you might consider buying some banners on popular Android sites and forums.

3dy.ro, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  8. InvestInPixels

InvestInPixels Member

Best Answers:
    There's a new service coming soon called the Orion Exchange, allowing you to get free impressions on your application. It is a very simple but effective tool to use to get free impressions, increase sales, ratings, leader board standings etc.

Additionally, the Orion Exchange will actively advertise your application on their website, with advertising spots etc, as well as Tweet it on Twitter to the groups followers, and post it on Facebook. Orion Exchange is passionate about helping developers, whether they are large companies with a big budget, or smaller indie developers.

If you are interested, send me a PM with your email and I will send this to the developers, who will email you when it is ready. As far as I'm aware, it'll be ready around 14th-15th September, and has been in development for months.

Good luck!

InvestInPixels, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  9. Zoro

Zoro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all on help and tips. We are testing all kinds of marketing. Posting on forums gave me nice results.
    Many other sites put our game on download page and some of them made reviews. I will continue to search for more but google doesn't give me much quality forums/blogs anymore. :)

Zoro, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  10. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    both online and offline marketing will be effective for marketing purposes.but you should give more emphasis to online marketing.you can try different social media network.

eyesight, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  11. braycraig7

braycraig7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its impact on social networks,youth really want some entertainment during games and other fun,and latest features. So try to increase gaming network marketing.

braycraig7, Sep 13, 2012 IP