1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote my website via social networks?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Ricus, Aug 24, 2012.

I am constantly trying to promote my website via social networks, such as twitter. Since I own a MyBB forum I have installed a plugin, which connects with my twitter account and tweets all the new content. Sadly I am not getting any clicks on them. I have already added hashtags as well in order to mark the keywords.
    Via Google Plus I have tried it several times as well and have always shared the new content, still I have no new visitors.

How exactly can I promote my website via social networks with success? Please only post full instructions and/or comments! Thank you

Ricus, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  2. earljohny3

earljohny3 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create fanpage of your website on facebook. Ask from your friends to like that page and one more thing make an facebook ID and try to add friends in which area you want to introduce your business/website. When you get friends in that list make that ID admin on your business page and then invite all those friends which you add in that ID.

Post your website URL in description. I hope you will get traffic on your website.

earljohny3, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  3. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    I am agree with this...great suggestion.

Digital_lover, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  4. Ricus

Ricus Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you able to give me any advice with Google Plus and Twitter?

Ricus, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  5. LAVYNYA

LAVYNYA Peon

Best Answers:
    HELLO! BEGINNING I HAVE TRIED TO DO IT TOO LIKE YOU, BUT ALWAYS LOOKING FOR DISCOVERING, I FINALLY FOUND SOMETHING NEW.
    EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE TO START.
    CONTACT PM

LAVYNYA, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  6. Xherko

Xherko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use the twitter search with your keywords and contact people who are talking about the topics of your page.

Xherko, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  7. Ricus

Ricus Peon

Best Answers:
    If you agree with it, than why the hell do you post?

[​IMG]

Yes I have noticed that makes quite a difference, but how exactly to get more "active" followers?

Ricus, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  8. aadi14

aadi14 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SMO is the best option to do that.socialize on social media sites and find people who are willing to like your services and share too.By this you can make a small step in building awareness of your brand.

aadi14, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  9. Huggybear83

Huggybear83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been linking my Ezinearticles with my Twitter account and have been getting followers that way. I also ensure that I spend at least 20 minutes a day adding people to follow and posting new Tweets. Hope that helps.

Huggybear83, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  10. shreeonline

shreeonline Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Digital-lover, I read your post,I learn something from this post.Thank You so much and also thanks to Ricus

shreeonline, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  11. hearthackerpk

hearthackerpk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think you should create fan page for your website and them promote in other places of face book to get real traffic.

hearthackerpk, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  12. Ayashakieth14

Ayashakieth14 Member

Best Answers:
    I use lots of social networking sites for my website. Don't just focus on one social networking site instead continue exploring to other sites because this can also help your site to generate traffics.

Ayashakieth14, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  13. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Post every new content in social media might cause too spammy , why not just share some will do . I know that got lot of manual work but too much might just make ppl leave just like warrior forum keep on share new thread and many people decide to leave . How about you come with certain rules which they need to share or like your fan page in order to get one free thread in marketplace or exchange one sticky post or exchange signature.

JerrickYeoh, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  14. Ricus

Ricus Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ricus, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  15. vitabion

vitabion Peon

Best Answers:
    you can promote your site by sharing your site content on social network and you will get traffic.

vitabion, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  16. amko_sa

amko_sa Peon

Best Answers:
    Install some mod for social bookmark network and make for example one giveaway for facebook. The winner is the one with the most like on your topic or site.
    This is just one idea :)

amko_sa, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  17. Textlinksguru

Textlinksguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think incentive for users are always a good way to promote your products!

Textlinksguru, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  18. amy.fey.5209

amy.fey.5209 Peon

Best Answers:
    Using social media to promote your website can be a great opportunity to get leads and ultimately future clients, but keep in mind that managing social media it’s not an easy task. In my opinion, if you don’t want to get a specialized company in order to manage your social media activity, you should start by creating a social media strategy. Set up a goal, some main objectives for your future activity and do some research in order to find out as much information as possible about your audience. Good luck!

amy.fey.5209, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  19. msherry

msherry Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Networking allows visitors to share quality links through public websites. This means that when a visitor likes your site they can easily recommend it in her favorite social networking portal.
    Basically, social networks are similar to search engines the goal is to bring the most interesting and relevant content to the top of the site. In sites like Facebook and MySpace for example, you can measure your popularity by the number of friends or visitors you have. On Twitter, getting more followers is most important.
    Check the most popular social networking sites that you can use to promote your website:
    Facebook.com
    Facebook is the most popular social networking website. You can use it to create a page for your website in it and show it to your friends. In addition, you will receive useful feedback from your visitors.
    Twitter.com
    Use twitter to inform your followers/visitors about the new things on your pages. It is the best way to let everybody know you have added something new. Twitter is a great place to show the new content on your website.
    YouTube.com
    YouTube is the most popular video streaming site. If you want to use videos in your website, you can create an account in YouTube, upload your videos there and then embed them in your pages. In your YouTube page you can place links to your site to promote it further.
    Digg.com
    Digg is a social media site where anyone can submit articles, and viewers can vote for articles they like. Popular articles can make it to the front page of Digg whic‎h will result in more traffic to your website

msherry, Sep 13, 2012 IP
    Gianni Palazzo likes this.
  20. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've rarely seen so many words saying so little. You have a future in the corporate world.

Anyway, back on topic, some advice regarding Twitter.

Try to think small for once. If you could only attract 5 new members which type would they be? Obviously, the type that would help you leverage a much larger audience: popular bloggers, forum owners, overactive people. So start there. Stop spamming the thing and identify a handful of people which you would love to see active on your forum. Engage with them, give them advice if needed or feedback to make them feel someone is listening to them.

In time, with a bit of work, you'll build a network of people where everybody is helping everybody. That network, if properly maintained will not only help you with your forum, but in all of your future ventures. In other words, build relations and focus on quality rather than quantity.

geegel, Sep 13, 2012 IP