1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Should I Market My Website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gregdavidson, Sep 4, 2012.

My website is in my signature. I wasn't thinking about focusing primarily on people who are interested in e-commerce. I just launched the website off today so I'm still at the drawing board. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

gregdavidson, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  2. Surminga

Surminga Member

Best Answers:
    For me the theme and style of landing page is not professional. It's not to say that some people view it differently but to me I never read or push forward with the style of landing page you have used.
    i enjoy a video to watch and some proof before reading further information and the small print before making a purchase

Surminga, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  3. MikeWike

MikeWike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The site looks a bit unprofessional, but that doesn't mean you can't market it. Simply start with SEO and SEM. Find out what works best for you.. and of course, don't forget to test, test and test.

MikeWike, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  4. DomainDivestments

DomainDivestments Peon

Best Answers:
    Do something different.

DomainDivestments, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  5. :-)

:-) Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is the site the one in your signature 'wholesale resources'? If so, then I think the design needs to be more of a blog theme / membership site focused.
    I think if you had a service that users could sign up too with a mailing list and high quality content regarding wholesale info, videos, guides etc..

Then, you could build separate micro-sites similar to your homepage right now too market it, e.g the site you currently have, use this method for marketing the site, also market on forums such as wholesale forums, post on these types of forums and put the image in your signature and get in contact with wholesale company's and get them to help you produce content for your site in the form of interviews, paid features etc..

Hope it helps, good luck

:-), Sep 4, 2012 IP
  6. davidogden

davidogden Member

Best Answers:
    Your site looks just like hundred of other, you need to do something different to the site. I would never have click here on my website or in signature. You need to need to lean seo techniques in order to build keyword related backlinks to your site.

Before you market your site you need to improve it. Do you have full control over the site and content or have you copied and pasted content from somewhere else.

davidogden, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  7. TacoExplosion

TacoExplosion Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like any ither site

TacoExplosion, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  8. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to check the settings on your pop up because it keeps on popping up every so often after closing. Users find that annoying. Also, it might better to ask for the email address of the user, then forward the download link to them instead of having the download link on the pop up. Users are not likely to trust download links, so they will just close out of the offer.

You might want to add a few helpful links like what is wholesale sourcing, why should I buy the product, etc. Your site is not a website but a landing page that does not offer much value to users.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  9. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    I always tell people who decide to sale information products to decide where they are going to market their product before they put in the work creating it. You can try locations like WSO and JVzoo as well as clickbank and craigslist. There are tons of areas you can market on, you just need to plan, budget and do it. :)

sweetcrabhoney18, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  10. ritika3339

ritika3339 Peon

Best Answers:
    you van use paid marketing like adwords. Its quick and very effective.

ritika3339, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  11. Knowledge-Easy

Knowledge-Easy Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it good ideas to start get links to it?

Knowledge-Easy, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  12. techlead

techlead Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make your website unique from other competitors. change website style

techlead, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  13. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know... it's just simple landing page. If you want to increase actions or sales you need to work on it. Also use CPA networks and affiliate.

adbash, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  14. bestreads

bestreads Peon

Best Answers:
    do some google ads, fb ads, could help

bestreads, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  15. leandros21

leandros21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your website is like advertisements in ptc sites, meaning its like tell to ur audience from the beginning that you have something to sell them. The purpose, in my opinion, should be to inform them firstly and then sell something.

leandros21, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  16. goquin

goquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would do social bookmarking

goquin, Sep 6, 2012 IP