1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Anchor Text will be healpful for your Ranking??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by surendra83, Sep 3, 2012.

Hi Guys,

Hope you are doing Great. After updated PENGUIN, which anchor text would be preferable for Ranking???

Example : Suppose your targeted keywords are (web hosting India, dedicated server in india, best web hosting services india etc.) . Should your anchor text with your targeted keywords or any other words like (click here, more inof, about hosting, go this etc.).

Which anchor text will be better for getting ranking?????

please share your knowledge

Thanks a lot for your Timing :)

surendra83, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  2. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just avoid the aggressive exact-match anchor texts.

sisatel, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  3. wilsoncowden

wilsoncowden Member

Best Answers:
    From articles I have read it is best to use something like :- Learn more about web hosting in India : Are you ready to discover the best web hosting services india

wilsoncowden, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  4. nomitang

nomitang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The anchor text, link label, link text, or link title is the visible, clickable text in a hyperlink. The words contained in the anchor text can determine the ranking that the page will receive by search engines.

nomitang, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  5. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use your main keywords and also use natural links with anchors: click here, more. Then it will be better for Google. I would say 60/40 should be ok.

adbash, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  6. nptifitness

nptifitness Peon

Best Answers:
    It is depends up on you. I prefer to use mainly the keywords with anchor tags. I also used the attractive keywords on my contents as per you say. And i think both are very important. Mostly anchor tags are useful for internal link building.

nptifitness, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  7. linksolution

linksolution Member

Best Answers:
    You need to use multiple keywords around 8 keywords for one url, these should be related to your website so that you can optimize all of them.

but if you use some these kind of phrases like "click here", "know more", "view my website" then it would look more natural.

linksolution, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  8. JoshuaReen

JoshuaReen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the targeted keywords as well as "click here", "know more" all are better for natural SEO.

JoshuaReen, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  9. rankwebz02

rankwebz02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I'll suggest you to use "click here, more info, about hosting, go this" these keywords after penguin update

rankwebz02, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  10. surendra83

surendra83 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much Guys for your sharing valuable information. I agree with Abdash, I think If I will use both anchor text, it will be more natural and help full for better ranking.

surendra83, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  11. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Editorial links, embedded links within established decent PR content pages are desirable. Have 2-3 directory links as well, but from the big directories.

Mr.Dog, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  12. Abinajay

Abinajay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To get high ranked , use your keyword as anchor text. Before that you have to check there is any keyword stuffing in the content.Your website traffic also be increased, if you make keyword as anchor text .

Abinajay, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  13. mangobuddy

mangobuddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just use a mixture of long tail and short keywords, and you will be good to go.

mangobuddy, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  14. thelazytrader

thelazytrader Peon

Best Answers:
    [h=2]Like PageRank[/h] As someone who has been actively creating and optimizing web pages for the search engines since 1996, I have always been curious when it comes to everything related to Search Engine Optimization. I love to write and create great online content, and I am even more satisfied when I see people reading content that I have written. I get even greater satisfaction when I can find something that I believe is useful to other people and I can point it out–especially to my colleagues in the Search Engine Optimization industry. This blog post is no exception.
    [​IMG]
    First, a little history of Anchor Text and PageRank
    Back in the 1990s, when I was doing search engine optimization for web sites, the search engines (Altavista, Excite, etc.) relied primarily on on-page content for search engine rankings. They looked at your on-page factors, such as your title tag, your meta tags, and even the keyword density of your web page, to determine rankings. I even remember a time when someone came up with the “perfect” paragraph of text. I don’t remember it exactly, but it had to do with Washington and a Cherry Tree. All you had to do was do a “replace all” and replace their keyword phrase with the one you wanted to rank for–put that content on your page and in a few hours you were #1 for that keyword phrase.
    Then came Google. Google changed the search engine optimization game. Not only did you have to optimize your on-page content, but you had to start working on getting links to your web site. And Google had the ability to not only look who links to you but what those links say about you. That is when “anchor text” started becoming a major search engine ranking factor.
    Google also introduced their PageRank formula, which essentially assigns a number to every web page. We as users can see a web page’s PageRank, a number from 1 to 10, by installing the Google Toolbar. PageRank, though, is only updated once in a while, about every few months or so, although it is my belief that PageRank is updated internally at Google at least several times each day.
    If your anchor text appears on a higher PageRank page, Google would traditionally give it more weight.
    Then people figured out that they could take advantage of anchor text and PageRank.
    Enter Google Bombing. If enough web sites link to another web page with the same anchor text, a web page will start ranking for a keyword phrase (the one used in the anchor text), even if that keyword phrase does not appear on the page. Probably the best example of this is “miserable failure”.
    Even today, anchor text remains a strong part of the Google algorithm. And many people are still, til this day, building anchor text links to their web sites. And they are even buying text links in an effort to increase their web site’s search engine rankings. If you practice search engine optimization for a living, to do SEO for your web site (or a client’s web site), then I think it’s time that you start looking further than links to your web site.
    I would like to share part of the results of what I am seeing now: it appears that anchor text flows from one web site to another, just like PageRank.
    Anchor Text Flows Just Like PageRank
    PageRank traditionally flows from one web page to another. For example, if one web page has a PageRank of 5 and it links to another web page, PageRank should (under normal circumstances) flow to the page it links to: and that page would normally be a PageRank of 4. There are a lot of “factors” that may or may not cause PageRank to flow from one page to another, but you get the idea.
    But now, I have been able to prove (at least to myself) that anchor text now flows from one web page to another, just like PageRank. To many SEOs, this is going to be interesting news. At least it was to me when I discovered it. Let me provide an example:
    Here is an Example
    The traditional type of anchor text flowing is from one page to another. Let’s say that I have a regular anchor text link, something like “red widgets”, and that links to a page about red widgets (redwidgets.html):
    “red widgets” link on page 2 ==> links to ==> redwidgets.html. This what I would call a “traditional anchor text link”.
    But now, anchor text actually can flow from one web site to another, and then to another.
    Let’s say that we have a web page (somepage2.html) wit

thelazytrader, Sep 4, 2012 IP