1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is Link Bait

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rohit_Singhal, Sep 3, 2012.

Hey friends,

Does any of you have some basic idea about link Bait..?
    What is Link Bait, it's role in SEO ..??

Rohit_Singhal, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  2. morganlong

morganlong Peon

Best Answers:
    According to my experience Link Bait is mainly designed for getting attention or encourage others to build links to your website. The content for link baiting would be a text, image, audio or video clip.

morganlong, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  3. suvendug

suvendug Member

Best Answers:
    Link bait is anything interesting enough to catch people's attention. Link bait is content on your site to which other sites link because they want to, not because you ask them to. It improves your backlinks and also makes your site viral.

suvendug, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  4. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link bait refers to content or feature on a site created to invite other sites to link to the site. For example, I wrote a review of Product A and posted it on my site. I can write to the owner of Product A and inform him that I have reviewed his product. The product owner can then choose to link back to that article or not. The article/review in that example is the link bait.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  5. PalmGeo

PalmGeo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Link Bait is the way of placing links of your site to the content you are posting; may be on social sites, articles etc.

PalmGeo, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  6. Rohit_Singhal

Rohit_Singhal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnx Affilorama :) ; can you tell me that how is this method of Link Bait is beneficial from the point of SEO ..??

Rohit_Singhal, Sep 4, 2012 IP