1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does everyone think?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Adam Fletcher, Nov 23, 2006.

Hi everyone,

I have very recently launched a new site http://www.AdamFletcher.co.uk . I thought I would share some stats with you.

The site was officially launched on the 17th of November 2006 and we have had great figures since then.

Are these stats any good?

Thanks

Attached Files:

• sta.JPG
      sta.JPG
      File size:
      44.3 KB
      Views:
    Adam Fletcher, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  2. ssnet

ssnet Peon

Best Answers:
    where are your stats? i cant see them?

thanks

ssnet, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  3. Adam Fletcher

Adam Fletcher Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have attached them now on the first post

Thanks

4. ssnet

ssnet Peon

Best Answers:
    they look good, how are you advertising? and where is the traffic coming from?

thanks

ssnet, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  5. Adam Fletcher

Adam Fletcher Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

90% of the traffic is really coming from Search Engines but we have spend a tiny bit ($20) on Google Adwords and we have had some people from forums and other sites coming onto our site

Yesterday and the day before was when we really started advertsing and we have had posative results so far

Thanks

6. weblaunch

weblaunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So what happened on Nov 22?

weblaunch, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  7. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good? Traffic is meaningless without any kind of conversion. Don't make the mistake of thinking that an abundance of traffic equals a good site. It most certainly doesn't. Your forum has 8 members registered out of a total 700+ unique hits. That is not good at all.

What are you trying to do with your site? If it's to grow a forum then you need to offer something that will keep the users there and registered. Forums aren't a rare thing. They're free and a flooded market. You need to stand out.

Stats aren't good or bad, it's what the stats are converting to that's important.

Tips:
    1. Redesign your entire site, especially the forum. It looks really ugly and unattractive. Do this and the traffic will steadily rise
    2. Promote on your front page a giveaway of some sort that's in the forum
    3. Don't purchase text links. Yes - don't. You'll go straight into the sandbox. I would suggest putting your link in your signature like you have done here, with nice, attractive anchor text. Then, just simply post around intelligently. Don't spam or your forum can literally be cursed.

PoohBear88, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  8. dito199

dito199 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much agreed on the statement that "Traffic is meaningless without any kind of conversion". I am experimenting with a fan-site that sees gradual increase of traffic over the last 2 months, and I am at the juncture of deciding whether its worth the time and effort to continue because the conversion is very poor via adsense (completely no relevant adwords on the site content).

So, understand and plan where and how you can monetize the traffic NOW before you sink in more effort and advertising dollar for the site.

Do come back and post your stats in another month time. If you are able to sustain such traffic each day, then it only means your marketing campaign is working well for you and I wish you good luck.

dito199, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  9. Phil G

Phil G Peon

Best Answers:
    If I came across that site looking for help, I would turn around and run. Needs a massive overhaul in terms of design.

Phil G, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  10. dito199

dito199 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am short of commenting the layout since he didnt ask for it. But ya, I will click away in a flash no matter how good the content is.

dito199, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  11. jackslounge

jackslounge Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is down..

jackslounge, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  12. StockScripts

StockScripts Guest

Best Answers:
    I would agree with what the others have said. You need to add some sort of a design to your site. If you are going for fast load time you can always go with CSS and no images.

Good job on the traffic though. Now you just need to do something with all those visitors :)

StockScripts, Nov 23, 2006 IP