1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transition Away From iTrader...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Sep 17, 2010.

1. heartnet02

heartnet02 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No I mean real buyers will really take time to learn about your payment system. I was referring to the system of payment not the fees.lol.

Let us know when the update will be happening. Thanks

heartnet02, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You've already been able to use Instant Pay for over 2 years. See this thread.

digitalpoint, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  3. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    true but I would like to check for other members as well :D are you sure there is no way? I guess we would find enough people who would like to have it on a own website ...

Sensei.Design, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  4. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice, so the people who have been honestly acruing itrader for years have absolutely nothing to show for it. While I understand you want to move in the direction of verified payments, you're really going to alienate a massive audience who find a lot of value in the current system. Just like always with digitalpoint, no feedback is requested from the forum users, just a unanimous decision made by the boss man. I would even go so far as to say that the current system has contributed greatly to the overall successful of digitalpoint as a traders destination, please don't break it. Have you never heard the expression, if it's not broke, don't fix it? It very much applies here Shawn.

venturefox, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  5. TechSole

TechSole Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn, I've just made a payment where the seller had a "buy now" button. When I've gone to pay instantly it says the buyer does not have this feature setup. So, do this mean I get a nice red mark because I didnt make an instant payment through the system?

TechSole, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If that were the case (iTrader not being broken), I would agree. I'm actually the one of the last people in the world that changes anything just for sake of changing it. The unfortunate reality is that iTrader is *very* broken (not just a little bit, a LOT). It certainly would be easier to do nothing and let a very broken system stay in place.

It shouldn't affect it (obviously if the seller doesn't accept Instant Pay, it's not your fault), but gimme the URL of the sale and I'll have a look.

digitalpoint, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  7. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see the destination you want to achieve with verified ratings and think it's a good idea. It should however be built as a progression of the current system. Retaining current itraders but requiring all new feedback to be verified. This will build in continuity for the many thousands of people who made solid trading reputations on the forum through itrader. A portfolio of individual business reviews created over a long timescale is a priceless asset, and it may be dangerous to toy with it. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

venturefox, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well that's generally the idea (a transition period)... which is why for over two years now users have been able to use Instant Pay and earn ratings on that, while also giving iTrader for the same transactions. It's going to be a painful transition no matter what (there's just no way around it). But it doesn't make sense to me (but I'm still open to be persuaded otherwise) to have an archived rating that the whole reason we are moving away from it is because we have no idea as to the validity of it. It would be like, "Here's the user's Instant Pay rating which we can at least somewhat stand behind as being relatively valid... But oh yeah... here's their old rating from 10 years ago that we can't actually say if anything in there is actually valid (positive or negative)."

At some point there really should be a cut off where the old stuff that is just purged rather than being left and people being confused about what it is, means or the potential validity of it. And with it being across the board, it really doesn't give anyone any advantage/disadvantage. Personally, I'd be much more inclined to do business with someone who had 3 valid Instant Pay transactions (where I can see who they did business with, how much money actually changed hands... can see that the transaction ultimately wasn't disputed or refunded, etc.) vs. someone with 100 iTrader transactions which for all I know a transaction never actually took place (or maybe someone had bad deals with them, but they never left a negative iTrader for fear of retaliation).

digitalpoint, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  9. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I totally understand the need for a new system. I also happen to be one of the people who has worked hard to make sure 100% of my deals went well and have an iTrader that reflects that. That being said, I am sure everyone with a good Itrader would want it to carry forward in some way and those with negative reputations would like a chance to start over. Without knowing what is based on real deals you have a dilemma.

I have not looked that carefully at it, but I have some concerns that the new system has some flaws where people show as non-payers simply because they did not use the instant-pay but may have, in fact, paid. Luckily, I think I personally avoided that but I already feel like I can't fully discount someone who shows some red non-payment numbers as I can see how it would happen. That concerns me.

I do wish there remained a secondary set of data I could look at...at least as a continued transition period (years). So if someone had a red non-payment I could see if they still had a very high iTrader. I am sure I could make deals with no rep - but I do have a long history of perfect transactions here and I hate the thought of it just being wiped away. A good reputation is a valuable resource. People can even see the kinds of deals you were involved in which I think is helpful. Even since instant pay has been up I have made deals and very few were under the new system.

I guess I come down on the side of more information is just better so I would l probably stop allowing new iTrader as soon as possible but keep it visible as an archive/history for people to refer to should they want to see more information about a buyer or seller. Maybe something as simple as just showing their final % and if someone clicks they get see the archival data. I think the sooner you stop allowing iTrader to be left the sooner people will make sure they are using instant pay and that will help with the transition. I still rarely see instant pay on things I happen to be looking for but I think if that was the only way to get rated it would be adopted more quickly. Even if your new system is not 100% ready I think it is time to stop allowing people to leave Itrader as it invites continued reliance on an old, soon to be discontinued, system.

browntwn, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  10. dareknyght

dareknyght Banned

Best Answers:
    Just want to ask one question. Like there is contest section, in which various people make entries. So there is not instant payment option right (not sure coz never opened thread, As I post my entries on threads).
    The one who wins is given feedback by contest starter and they exchange iTraders.

How will the system work where Instant Pay is not applicable?

dareknyght, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    theres been 2 years notice of the changes (with the added advice of accepting instant payments 2 years ago), so i dont see why people are panicking.

I think there should be some middle ground though, while i cant see a genuine practical solution, i think it would be ok if you use the new system for verified transactions, and for things like content writing or other services (where instant payments are 'impossible') allow for itrader to work-> doesnt have to show comments, but just show something like 'rep'. -> like there should be some way to know that others would recommend hiring that person.

Personally i am glad to hear about the idea of a verified system, and it sounds digitalpoint is going above and beyond to help members.

matt_62, Aug 29, 2012 IP
  12. moustafa

moustafa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would like to ask: would the itraders left before transferred to the new system?

or all members will start from ZERO?

moustafa, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    All covered in the thread numerous times already.

digitalpoint, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  14. QualityWriting

QualityWriting Member

Best Answers:
    I am also concerned with what the sellers will endure as a result of this change. I realize the buyers will be rated once they make payment, but how will the buyers rate the sellers? I am a writer and I depend on my ratings to continuously establish new working relationships. I think your idea is excellent, as no one can leave fake itraders, or hurt anyone's reputation for no reason, but I am wondering how I, as a seller, will be directly impacted by this. Will there still be a place for people to see my "reputation" as a writer?

QualityWriting, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  15. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am eager to see the change. Digitalpoint is going above day by day.

unna, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  16. MATFlawless

MATFlawless Active Member

Best Answers:
    Haven't read all pages, however, you should leave current iTrader as "a legacy number to reference forEVER" :)
    However, great idea..

Thanks

Best wishes
    Mat

MATFlawless, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  17. mobilelover

mobilelover Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I am from Pakistan.
    PayPal not allow my country.
    But, i use my friend PayPal who live in UK.
    can i attach this PayPal.

Another question?

If i use your system for iTrade.
    Any deduction in my order or receive amount because nowadays DP totally free.

mobilelover, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If your friend wants to give you his PayPal login/password and allow you to freely use his account for transactions, that's between you and him.

digitalpoint, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  19. Gladiatus

Gladiatus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have time to read all the pages now, but does this mean that my clients wont see my previous itraders? Or we will be unable to leave new itraders only?

Gladiatus, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  20. FunkyDog

FunkyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That is all good and well but as long as the iTrader system is still in place you should react to fals iTrader reports. Somebody made a false iTrader but you don't respond to any of my requests..... iTrader is still active so pleaser respond as this can hurt my general business and if you don't want to react please disable iTrader.

It is about this thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2547361

The seller sold the domains several times to several members, i gave him a bad iTrader for it as i paid for the domains (you can look at the PMs between me and himself for it) and he gave me a bad iTrader back saying i did not pay. This is hurting my general online profile and is simply not true so please delete that negative iTrader or disable it. The payment i made is turned into a Paypal claim by now as per my request.

Regards.

FunkyDog, Sep 10, 2012 IP