1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much can one expect to make by writing one article of 500 words?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Uphaar Dhunna, Aug 16, 2012.

How much can one expect to make by writing one article of 500 words? The value would surely increase as you gain experience.

Uphaar Dhunna, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  2. AuthoredFY

AuthoredFY Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your skills and the job. I've made as much as $50 per article for local clients who need well-researched articles for a very specific audience. On the other hand a lot of the work I do is 1 or 2c a word so that's obviously a lot less than $50 per article!

AuthoredFY, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  3. Tgreenspan

Tgreenspan Peon

Best Answers:
    1$ per hundred words is a fairly common place to start for things that do not require a lot of uncommon expertise. However once you have established a strong working relationship with a client where they appreciate the specific quality of your work or you find a job that makes use of other knowledge or skills you possess, significantly higher pay can be expected.

Tgreenspan, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  4. RSKK

RSKK Peon

Best Answers:
    I know ones who write 500 word for just 3$ and it is unique, but i doubt the quality is very low and it is only about some general area. I think the real quality articles up to 500 words can be priced from 10$.

RSKK, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  5. rythemtheme

rythemtheme Peon

Best Answers:
    depends on experience, the customer and the job. but prolly between $5 and $50.

rythemtheme, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  6. gwydion

gwydion Peon

Best Answers:
    I write on a range of topics. A run of the mill article is about 0.8c a word, a more crafted article that requires a little research is between 1c and 2c a word. More technical articles are between $20 and $30 per article. As I was trained as a scientist and have experience in the pharmaceutical industry articles in this area can be up to $200, especially if they require in-depth research. What you get depends on experience, specific knowledge and difficulty.

gwydion, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  7. keralam

keralam Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do write articles and paid reviews for online magazines. In my opinion, it really depends on the niche, quality, and the elements used in the article. Some articles require diagrams, images, tabulations, etc., which may be of high value.

keralam, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  8. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    It always depends on the quality of the writer... And also depends on his proficiency in English... The best writer can even earn up to $100 per 500 words article...:)

ContentVisionz, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  9. Marit

Marit Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of factors that go into determining how much you should charge--your skill set, your experience, your client, your niche, etc. Ultimately you should be charging based on what results you are producing for your client. If you are writing an amazing 500 word article that converts like crazy and generates them a lot of sales you should be charging top dollar. If you can only write keyword stuffed, "spammy" content without a grasp on the language you're writing in you aren't going to get as much.

Marit, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  10. j3rr3my8

j3rr3my8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Varies immensely for me. I do some well researched articles for large SEO organisations in England, and for a 500 word article, I can expect between £35 and £50 - which equates to about $100.00 for the article. I might get between five or ten of these a month - and the rest of the time I spend doing jobs that I pick up from digital point. It's rare that I find anything on here that pays me more than about $15 for 500 words - but I won't work for less than $2 per 100 words.

j3rr3my8, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  11. jennifer.koebele

jennifer.koebele Member

Best Answers:
    There are writers who charge $5/article when they are starting out. That can be dangerous because while you will find clients, they probably won't want to pay you more than that after they already associate you as a $5/article writer. But it is way to get experience if you are brand new. I began by charging $10/article and getting positive feedback and references.

The best advice I got as a newbie was to charge what you are worth. After that I quickly moved up until I got to where I am now- $25. You would think people would balk at higher rates but I have more clients at my current rate than I did when I first started out because they want quality content and are willing to pay for it. I will eventually raise my rates but I have a great client list at this rate with regular work. You do take a chance when you move up. Not everyone will accept it but you have to believe in yourself and move on to the clients who recognize your talent.

I have writer friends who charge $75 per article and get it because they have fantastic portfolios and solid references. They spent a lot of time marketing themselves to get to that point.

jennifer.koebele, Sep 3, 2012 IP