1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pay my users to post on my forum - is it a good idea?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by picouli, Sep 14, 2006.

1. website4wealth

website4wealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Nonny,

i agree with you. I run an aquatic forum with over 4000+ members. Not everyone is into adsense or making money online. With the contest I run, my member can win different prize related to their interest. This keep my members active and the post growing..

Something picouli can try. I am sure that your members in your celerbrity forum is more interested about celebrity than making money with adsense?

website4wealth, Sep 17, 2006 IP
  2. smartcard

smartcard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your visitors will register and try to participate in a forum if the forum is full of active members.

Therefore, to start with I think this is a good idea to have paid posting, I would suggest not one poster, my be more than one. Who knows some of the posters may become fans of your forums even after your contract.

However, very important you need to monitor every posting.

smartcard, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  3. picouli

picouli Peon

Best Answers:
    After reading all your posts, I'm actually thinking that the best idea is to give users a double opportunity:
    - if they have an adsense account they can input their Client ID and all the topics (with at least 5 replies) they will create will show their ads
    - if they don't have (or don't want to use) their AdSense account they will compete for the 'weekly hottest topic contest': I will give out 10$ every week to the hottest topic - that is, the topic with the highest number of replies (at least 20 from 10 different users).

How about this?

Cheers! :)

picouli, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  4. website4wealth

website4wealth Peon

Best Answers:
    That is also a great idea. DO you have a hack you suggest on intergrating google adsense ID to tie in with the member group similiar to what this forum is using?

website4wealth, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  5. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is a great idea, once, when your forum will start getting members then you will go towards your success

GodIsOne, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  6. livingmylife

livingmylife Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's necessary to have to pay people for their posts. Just offer a signature box option and promote you site here, and a few people here that like helping each other will all head over there to may a post or two to get you started :) I see this post is fairly old so is a general comment.... hopefully it's doing well! ;)

livingmylife, Aug 31, 2012 IP