1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sri Lankan Accused of Evil and may be Beheaded for praying to Buddha status

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by acash, Jul 29, 2012.

Only in Saudi Arabia...

A Sri Lankan youth employed as a domestic aid has been arrested in Saudi Arabia for praying to a statue of Lord Buddha, which is considered an offence according to Islamic Sharia law. According to the Bodu Bala Sena, the youth bearing passport no. 2353715 identified as Premanath Pereralage Thungasiri has been arrested by Umulmahami Police, which is a grave situation. While the youth is a Buddhist, the charge levelled against him is that he paid obeisance to the Buddha at the house where he was employed.

Sri Lankan at Risk of Being Beheaded for Praying to Buddha

Also, Recently a Sri Lankan woman was arrested for gazing at a child at a shopping complex, where she was accused of witchcraft, on the grounds that she had a black cord around her wrist.

acash, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is his status? Married? Single? In a relationship? or the ever-popular "Its confusing"? :p

Anybody that is arrested for praying to the "wrong" deity {or as in the second case, for "witchcraft"} is in trouble, cause you have to be mentally ill to think those are crimes in the 21st century.

It's like killing someone because their favorite color is RED, when of course everybody knows BLUE is the one true color we should prefer. What a bunch of backward candy-assed control freaks.

robjones, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  3. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like a hoax. I'm not able to find any location "Umulmahami" in KSA. Only reference I can find is the same article mentioned in OP over and over again on different websites. Someone with superior Google search skills can try to find that, I'm just a noob.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    wmghori, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  4. wmghori

Best Answers:
    Most likely reason to create this hoax would be to draw attention away from what the Buddhists doing to Muslims in Burma.

wmghori, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  5. rahim701

rahim701 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thousands of non-Muslim (Indian/Hindu, Christian, Jews) are living/working in Saudi Arabia. Don't they do pooja/prayer to their god?
    They are facing many problem for being non-Muslim, but I didn't hear any about beheaded.

and by the name "Umulmahami" you mean "Umm Al Hamam"?

rahim701, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  6. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What about Atheists? That's the ones I'm more concerned about :)

JamesColin, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  7. jimbo100

jimbo100 Member

Best Answers:
    They will kill all the Atheists too if they had a chance my friend, non believers are on the list

jimbo100, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  8. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just bomb all the muslims, make all religions outlaw, kill them all, then see what's left, any hidden religious dumb people, track them down, kill them, then with the human population that is left, try to do something less stupid..

What do you think about that?

JamesColin, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  9. wmghori

Best Answers:
    That non-religious are as dumb as the ones they are trying to kill.

wmghori, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ok, it was just a thought, ignore me muslim boy, just keep on with the madness of the fairy tales, it's ok.. I don't care, I'm just passing by..

11. wmghori

Best Answers:
    One morning Hitler was sitting in the toilet reading newspaper and doing his business then suddenly "just a thought" came to his mind about conquering the world. Millions died because of a thought. You want to kill everyone who you don't agree with. No difference between you and the radical nut job (religious or not), who think only solution for any disagreement is killing the opponent.

wmghori, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  12. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, ok, don't talk to me about hitler and the sheep propaganda about how it was all his fault. May I remind you that he lost the war and that's the only reason why he is the bad guy. Is that too much for you to understand? I guess so.. anyway..
    I don't want to kill anybody, it was just a suggestion, just for my own fun, but then there's always the people like you to avoid me to enjoy my fun to the fullest extend :)
    Thank you for being you.

13. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Really, just that he lost a war that is why you think people think Hitler was a "bad guy". If he had won he would be considered not a bad guy?

You are embarrassing yourself.

browntwn, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  14. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You don't get it, the winners get to write history, especially in the short term, and 70 years is short term. It seems obvious but not for everyone.. :)

JamesColin, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  15. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

I am confused at your point.

Are you suggesting that had Hitler won the war the world would look kindly on his gassing of millions of women and children to death just because they were Jews?

Do you think he is a good guy (or not such a bad guy) since you are not fooled by winners writing history?

browntwn, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  16. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm suggesting that of course if he had won, all the rest of the history we know about would have been different, like a parrallel universe (what if that happened instead of this)

If you think a little about it you'd understand that we live with the historical version of the winners. And that whoever won we would have been born in the side of the winners anyway, because that war was so long ago..

So anyway, I'm not answering your specific questions because they miss the point of what I was saying about hitler, is that wmghori has chosen a bad example, as if hitler was the bad guy in itself, and not just because he lost and history has been written to make him look really bad.

But I don't think many people can understand that, it's not useful skill, the past is the past and we need to move on, but just keeping in mind that whoever wins is right, doesn't matter about what they did to win, they'll make sure to look better than the ones who lost :)

JamesColin, Aug 29, 2012 IP