1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Allow users to upload images via mobile phone?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Tycoon7, Aug 23, 2012.

Sorry if this isnt the correct forum this question should be asked.

Sooo...heres my question. I want to create a site, pretty much a gallery. I want the page to be a grid like gallery (1 big public gallery), a user visits site and uploads image from phone onto the gallery and it shows up instantly (or moderated to keep content relevant) and maybe image can be rated by other users and create a url that can be used to share on face book or other sites (similar to photobucket). How would i go about this, I was on wordpress and the plugin "Photosmash" does something similar but doesnt support mobile phones to upload images, so i'm assuming wordpress won't be recommended.

Sorry couldn't find an example of a site, but it would be something similar to Thanks in advance ANY info would be GREATLY appreciated. And once again i apologize if this isnt where this quesition should be posted, if so please move or let me know what to do.

Solved! View solution.
    Tycoon7, Aug 23, 2012 IP
    Most smart phones these days support the standard HTML Form File Input tag. On your phone goto:
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_input_accept

When you click on the browse button you will be asked if you want to browse files, or browse the camera or take a new photo.

If you are talking about uploading through non-smart phones, or the old basic phones that do support the internet, then I'd recommend taking a look at this article:
    http://www.developershome.com/wap/wapUpload/

megamoose, Aug 24, 2012 IP