1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to effectively use Twitter to market a website?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by GameGirl1979, Aug 15, 2012.

Hi guys/gals. I know Twitter gets alot of traffic to their site. You can follow people and get followers. But how can you use Twitter efficiently to market a website campaign? I am following around 1000 and have only 50 following me, but I barely use this service, and hadn't even logged into my account for months until recently.

What can be done to increase the # of followers that follow me and what should I be doing to get my followers to atleast come checkout my website? Tweet links?

Just looking for suggestions here, I think Twitter might be a good way to get some traffic but just can't seem to put it all together yet...

GameGirl1979, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  2. frankiedog53

frankiedog53 Member

Best Answers:
    You should make sure you are following people from your niche use your keywords on the search and keep following not everyone will follow back. To increase the rate of follow backs it helps to have a lot followers already it makes you seem like a popular authority in your niche. You can also use plr content for your tweets

frankiedog53, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  3. 2thatop2gether

2thatop2gether Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi There!

Here is a strategy you can use that works wonders. Now I will be honest
    you have to put in the work, take action. If you do, then you will be well
    on your way to generating twitter traffic.

Step 1. Go ahead and start promoting your offer by updating your status
    with your promo link. Be sure to mix in regular updates and not only updates
    with your links.

Step 2. Find a well respected person in your niche who uses twitter and the
    person must me active. Start following the person.

Step 3. After you have sent out a decent amount of updates, what you want
    to do now is ask the person you followed in step 2 an open ended question. Or
    you can simply ask the person to follow you. Whatever floats ya boat ;)

9 times out of 10 they will respond.

What this process will do is get the attention of the followers that follows the
    person you chose from step 2.

They will see that you both have communicated or that the person is following you.
    Well respected people have thousands of twitter followers who listen and read every
    popup that shows up on their feed.

Do not think 1 second that these people are not going to check out your twit page and etc.
    They will because you have connected with someone they trust.

So now you can suck up some of that traffic by connecting with the popular people in
    your niche.

Good Luck GameGirl!

Hope this helps

2thatop2gether, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  4. TycoonSociety

TycoonSociety Peon

Best Answers:
    The first thing you need to do is get rid of the non followers. The maximum number of followers you can follow is either 2000 or 110% of your followers after you get to 2000. I use just unfollow.com. It cost $25.00 for 5 accounts. I delete 250 non followers every day and follow 200 new. Great way to build followers.I also use an auto poster to post. This saves me lots of time. I have it set to post 4 or 5 times a day. Everytime I post on my blog it goes to twiiter and facebook. Good Luck,J.C.

TycoonSociety, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  5. GameGirl1979

GameGirl1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, so yeah I have maxed out at 2,000 and everytime I try to add a new one it says I cant. So what your saying is I need to remove all the ones im following and then follow new ones to be able to get more to follow me? I don't want to use a service right now for anything, funds are limited...

GameGirl1979, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  6. mmg1865

mmg1865 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    I've managed to build my following upto 1000+ in just a few weeks. If you dont want to spend any money it can be done, but will take a bit of time.
    Basically, anyone that you are following, that doesn't follow you back, remove them. They are no good to you.

After that, do a search on your selected area (eg #Poker) and see the people that are posting tweets about Poker.
    Add a few of them, and then each day check who has followed you back. If after 3 days have passed, and only a few have followed you back, remove the others and start the process again.

During this time though, you must be tweeting regularly, otherwise the people you follow will take a look at your account and see that you are not providing them any useful information.

If you want any more help, drop me a PM or check out my latest "Build your Twitter Following" Post.

I'll be more than happy to help.

mmg1865, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  7. honestkr

honestkr Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it's easy to get followers ;)

also get retweets to give traffic to ur site
    it's easy for us

i can help you out

honestkr, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  8. TycoonSociety

TycoonSociety Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with MM1965. You can always find free ways to do things. I like to use automation. Sooner or later you will need to spend money to help your business grow or it will run like a turtle all its life. I would limit following people to 200 per day otherwise twiiter will give you a warning that your to aggressive. They can take your account away any time they want. Go to Google and type in Maximum Twitter Followers. I offer a FREE website course.
    Good Luck,
    J.C.

TycoonSociety, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  9. GameGirl1979

GameGirl1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    You like to use automation as in, creating Macros? I tried one yesterday on Twitter actually to unfollow people, made a simple macro with macro express. Worked pretty good. Now if I can only make a recorded macro to start following people. I'd rather get targetted followers though specific to my niche.

GameGirl1979, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to market your Twitter page, and follow more people in your niche to get more followers. You can also use a site Like "youlikehits" it works great :)

ninjamtlt1, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  11. Huggybear83

Huggybear83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you are posting reguarly and ensure that your content is engaging. As mentioned in earlier posts you need to make sure that the people you are following are in your niche so as you will have interested followers in the content that you are posting. I also find video marketing is quite powerful on Twitter and Facebook. i have linked my Twitter and Facebook accounts together aswel so that everthing I post on my facebook fanpage goes straight to my Twitter account. Hope that is of some use.

Huggybear83, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  12. safdar_78

safdar_78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks everybody for sharing quality information regarding website or business promotion by twitter. I agreed and think free of cost options and relevancy is best things which give you better response.

safdar_78, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  13. guizi

guizi Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe this is off topic, and if so, I apologize...but anyone have thoughts on the Fiverr gigs and similar services to boost Twitter followers? How effective are these, and are they mostly niche related, or just "random" followers that don't do you much good in the long run?

guizi, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  14. _matthew_

_matthew_ Peon

Best Answers:
    I find twitter to be an unnatural fit for my professional services business. I just can't come up with content I want to give away three times a day.

_matthew_, Sep 18, 2012 IP