1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need advaice to select cart software/cms

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by hansab, Aug 21, 2012.

I really need help from you guys. I need to know, which is the easiest to handle, standalone, open source cart software. So far i am thinking of using opencart

I think, virtuemart, magento, are also famous, but i dont know if they are better for opencart. I wont be having any merchant account with the site. Just cart, order system, in admin manually process the credit card information. Not a very big store but not small as well. So do let me know if i am right about selecting open cart or i can go for something else. At the end, if invoice will be printable by visitor, then it will be great.

Please advice, i will be really thanksful to you.

Regards

hansab, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  2. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    Open cart is good Magento Is one that I would go with though. However If you are processing your own orders were you store the customers card info or transmit it between only you and them through the site I would have to say spend the money and get a secure script or hosting. You are holding all liability for privacy and security of that info. If you have to go Os Then magento Due to the fact that it is a little more up to date with dynamic shopping carts. How ever along with that comes more coding and back end work on you. Open source I have to say would be simpler if that is what you prefer. This is only my opinion. Since most hosting providers have these scripts available for you with your hosting try each one set up a subdomain and install each of them and test them. It might give you an idea of what it is you want to deal with.

kemasii, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  3. hansab

hansab Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your great response. I do have godaddy vps. And i guess to make it more secure, SSL would be enough ?

hansab, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  4. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I believe so but you may want to ask around I do not think there is a huge chance some thing will happen but any security you can provide is always best.

kemasii, Aug 21, 2012 IP
    hansab likes this.
  5. real_skinner

real_skinner Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest try to check TomatoCart. I have tried most of the open source and I think TomatoCart is one of the most decent and easy to use.

real_skinner, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  6. hansab

hansab Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for tomatocart advice, but their demos are giving error and also havent heard about it before. so i dont think i should go for tomato cart.

One of the reasons is security, which my question did not include but the poster "kemasii" above reminded me. But thanks both of you. I will check out opencart in more details. But if anyone else has any suggestion, please come up with. But so far open cart does sound good. Thanks both of you for your answers.

hansab, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  7. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest you to use Magento

nufox, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  8. bellc

bellc Member

Best Answers:
    You need it for selling products only or are interested in featuring daily deals as well, like Groupon

bellc, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  9. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Try with Zeuscart which is the best free GPL Open source shopping cart software to create your store.

rashida, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  10. swft

swft Peon

Best Answers:
    hey i would like to give a list of open source cart software.
    here it goes
    prestashop
    opencart
    magento
    cubecart
    agoracart
    zencart
    storesprite
    nichesuite
    hey this last one called nichesuite is very good i hear.its flexible and provides open source solutions.
    it has an inbuilt roi calculator for your business.
    my friend has bought this for his business and he says its good.
    its even not costly he says. its based on pure java platform
    try it out.
    all the best

swft, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  11. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Friend,

Thats a great idea starting an ecommerce business online, High revenue earning platform. I would like to suggest 3 things for ecommerce as my experience will help you.

1. If you are planning to buy a ecommerce script, then AJ Shopping Cart Software ,will be the right choice with plenty of user friendly facilities.

2. If you worry about hosting issue, you can get Zscart - SaaS Ecommerce solution with easy monthly payment option and free trial too. you can make your shop with in five minutes.

3. If you are looking for free source means, Zeuscart will be right choice. Highly downloaded open source script online.

Good luck ...Choose one for successful ecommerce business.

joelchrist, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  12. creativethemes

creativethemes Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend Magento to be used as it is the leading platform.

creativethemes, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  13. Zakirhossain

Zakirhossain Member

Best Answers:
    I think open cart cause here lots of module free for payment,shipping.Also you will find lots template for free build your website.I was make my site with open cart just see from my signature

Zakirhossain, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  14. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Wordpress can used as well. Just it will need more time to tweak and configure for a shopping cart. But with the help of plugin, it works like a charm.

nufox, Aug 24, 2012 IP