1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I know how to install APACHE 100% but Localhost doesnt answer!! please help!!

Discussion in 'Apache' started by seeburii, Aug 20, 2012.

I want to be clear and precise, I have posted step by step what I do to install Appserver/wamp/xampp in my computer at several spanish languaje forum and nobody knows what happens. When everything is ready localhost doesnt answer. It loads forever...

I have 4 computers at home. I have tried to install xampp in one computer, wamp in another and in the other appserver, but in this one where im typing right now it doesnt work.

First of all, now im with Wamp, both services are running (wampache and wampmysql). When I go to the bin folder inside the Apache folder and try to execute "httpd.exe" I see this error: "Solo se permite un uso de cada direccion de socket (protocolo/direccion de red/puerto): make_sock: could not bin to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs"

First sentence is something like: It only allows one use of each socket address (protocol/network adress/port).

I have used of course several ports, with "8080" works in my other computers. In this PC I have tried with 80, 8080, and more which recommend me in forum and always the same error.

I feel like I have localhost unable or something like that, because I have never seen anything typing 127.0.0.1 in my pc explorer.

I know the error means that I have the port bussy, but in this snapshot I will show you with the help of the "netstat -ano" command that the port is used by apache:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/235b27206587748

Please, if somebody could help me... I know is hard to find the problem without being in my pc, but Im not new in this, as I told, I have installed 3 apaches yet on the other computers and this has something wrong... Maybe someone has faced a similar situation.

Thanks you everybody!

seeburii, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  2. seeburii

seeburii Peon

Best Answers:
    ????????????????????????????????????

seeburii, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  3. bestemployer

bestemployer Peon

Best Answers:
    Try killing apache till the port is not used by it.

bestemployer, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  4. seeburii

seeburii Peon

Best Answers:
    How can I do it?

seeburii, Aug 21, 2012 IP