1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did Internet marketing forums like Digital Point first started out?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by evilsaigon, Aug 20, 2012.

These are some of the biggest whitehat Internet marketing forums in the world. You may even have an account in a few of these forums: Warrior Forum, Digital Point, Affilorama, Wicked Fire.

My main question is, how did such forums first started out? How did these market themselves and gain so many users? How do they even spur users to utilize their forums?

I've tried googling this topic for a long time, but there were no relevant results regarding the stories behind these forums. In fact, I strongly believe that they don't rely much on backlinking or traditional SEO strategies. I've done some research and I noticed their backlink anchor texts are mostly based on their brand name, not keywords like "Internet marketing".

No offense, but please don't tell me things like "have a positive mindset", "never give up", and "failure is part of the process". I'd like to know the more specific strategies behind them. So anybody willing to share the secrets to their success? :(

evilsaigon, Aug 20, 2012 IP
    Gianni Palazzo likes this.
  2. Getrichinfo

Getrichinfo Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    there are certain products on the market that teach people how to start your own forum

Getrichinfo, Aug 20, 2012 IP
    Gianni Palazzo likes this.
  3. techlead

techlead Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's simply a new business idea started innovatively to help others businesses effectively

techlead, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  4. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, no b.s. they problably worked their butts off marketing on the internet, just like the rest of us. But forums tend to just naturally spread thorugh word of mouth, because the content is so good :)

ninjamtlt1, Aug 22, 2012 IP