1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Posting To Generate Traffic

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by cmpan, Jul 22, 2012.

This, obviously is directed to anyone new to the IM business and have begun to apply some of the traffic techniques they are being taught.

(Forum Posting... Part of the Social Aspect of Marketing)

There's nothing wrong with using forum posting to generate traffic... most do it. And as said, there's nothing wrong with it.... as long as your posts are something of value to others. Many people have joined a handful of forums for the sole purpose of back-links and getting their site seen—and have been taught this by their learning source. But this doesn't mean to abuse... that lessons the quality and usefulness of a forum. Here are some Ideas, thoughts and beliefs of mine for you to juggle around in the hopes that we an make all the forums we contribute to better.

We've All Seen And/Or Experienced This...

Have you noticed that in many forums you can't show you signature, that of course contains your website link until you've made in some cases at least 25 posts. That can be discouraging to some because they've come to that forum to get links only. Then you say to yourself, "my G_d, I've got to come up with 20 0r 25 valid, useful, helpful, posts before I can even get my sig seen"? Feels like a job, right? Well it is... but while you're building up those 20 or 25 posts, you're getting you're feet wet as to how the forum operates and the kind of folks and ideas that are part of it.

"Wow, Thanks For That Great Info."
    And if you just make a bunch of simple, nothing of real value type posts, just to get your numbers up, you look spammy and of course, you will not be taken seriously down the line... you know the kind of posts I'm talking about.... "wow, thanks for that great info". "I agree with so and so". "I'll give that a try". etc.

Quick Trick... but a legitimate one.... I believe
    A way to get post numbers up a much faster without looking spammy, is to ask for a review of your site. Just ask for a review, a critique of your site. Make a post saying something like, "Hi folks, I'm trying out a new type of squeeze page that's a bit different then what I've done in the past". I would be grateful if I can get an honest critique and some first impressions. Here's the link. Thank you" (That's 1 post) And, you might learn something about how to improve your site. Most MODS will let you post your site link if you're asking for help with it. But.. be honest, if you sound like your FOS, you'll be discovered real quick.

A Lot More Posts Comin...
    When you get your first answer....something like.... "it seems a little busy", you reply, thanking them and asking if they could explain further, or if they might have any suggestions. (That's 2 posts) If you continue to reply to all answers in this manner, (with real questions) you can have 10 posts completed on just one thread... without being spammy.... and... this does something else. Because you're asking for help, you are putting up in the post, your link.... which you were told you could not do until you've posted x amount of times. And... you just might learn a thing or two about site design as well as other site related topics... see.... you're already learning.

Some Other Ideas....

Don't post to the same forum everyday needlessly. Pop into different forums at different times during the week. Posting everyday to a particular forum could feel and looks like a 'panic' attack to get links rather than contribute.

Also, when you get to a forum, just relax, do a 'look around' and read posts to see if anything strikes your fancy. If you find one, post. If not, don't post, and take off. Never post for the sake of posting. If you can't offer something real, don't offer anything. After 3 to 5 minutes of glancing, and nothing feels right, leave! Don't post for 'small talk'... It's a waste of everyone's time and does not contribute. I would rather find something that I feel is a valid post that I could contribute to, or I'd rather not post.

If you do it this way, you'll gain time to do other things. IMO, when you, all-of-a-sudden, start showing your face everyday and posting, posting, posting, especially if the posts are not particularly helpful, you will not be taken seriously. You'll just be a "wow, thanks for that great info." and an, "I agree with so and so." type of poster. Not a pro.

Think About This...
    When someone just joins a forum, and within a weeks time they have 20-30 posts. Isn't it kinda obvious what's going on.... they can't possibly be, all of a sudden,'THAT INTERESTED' in that forum and it's members. They can't possibly be reading and getting a feel for that forum in order to become a valid contributor, especially they're so busy posting... it becomes obvious that they're just working toward getting their links up. People can spot this... and again, won't take you serious down the road. So, go slow, (accept for my little trick) and post just a couple of times a week, and increase your posts with time. It's more natural to others. It's like 'building' on a friendship.

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder
    You've heard that "absence make the heart grow fonder" I would rather make some super valid/helpful post and disappear for a few days, then, go back in a couple of days and do it again. If you make a great post, and disappear for a while, and repeat that kind of thing, I believe that the 'perception' created of you will be one of value. People will be looking for your posts... and when that happens... look out?

I Can Prove This To You...
    What happens when we see a post by a veteran of a forum? Think of the names in here that we jump to read when we see their name. That's right! Everybody wants to see it. When we see a certain name, we go "OH, so and so posted", and we jump right over to it.

Anyway, the short tip would be.... just like the lottery, make some 'quick picks', and get on to something else. Don't get mentally over-involved with any 'one' thing.... make your post and 'Let It Go'... Hit and Run...But, have that 'Hit', mean something!—mean something for you, as well as others.

Regards

Cliff Michaels

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    cmpan, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  2. articlemadness

articlemadness Peon

Best Answers:
    value is the key and keeping it on topic as well

articlemadness, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  3. Edward69

Edward69 Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this threat is very informative and useful. I must appreciate to share this interesting threat. Keep posting more posts like this.

Edward69, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  4. cyndrella

cyndrella Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it is deemed that your forum posts contain irrelevant information or irrelevant links, Google will penalize the website.This can very rapidly lead to a domain being dropped down Google's ranking .

cyndrella, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  5. edvaldingham

edvaldingham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you contribute and provide a fruitful contribution I think it would be helpful.

edvaldingham, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  6. georgemathew12

georgemathew12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes if you provide fruitful contribution then it would be helpful

georgemathew12, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  7. MEaton124

MEaton124 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that's what the signatures and profiles are for in forums. While it's great to post information and have a valid discussion, I know many forum mods keeping a sharp eye out for spam posts. They have a very broad definition and they aren't going to ask you questions before they pull the plug on your post or ban you.

However, if you prove you are human and can contribute to the discussions, then they will look the other way (sometimes). Stick with the signatures and profiles, it's your best way to score organic traffic.

MEaton124, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  8. Ayashakieth14

Ayashakieth14 Member

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is posting your ideas or suggestions on a thread in a forum site while signature is where you leave in your post. Some forum sites allow you to put a signature after your post and this is a good source of traffic.

Ayashakieth14, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  9. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    Posting ideas and knowledge in a forum is a way of learning. The forum member express their valuable ideas in the forum to get some valuable response. So,post in forum with signature will help to increase the number of traffic.

Digital_lover, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  10. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    It is effective but expensive too.
    advantages:
    -easy,
    -fast,
    disadvantages:
    -expensive
    -need quality poster
    -quality posting.

lolpasslol, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  11. annaharryson

annaharryson Peon

Best Answers:
    Good article. thanks for the information.

annaharryson, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  12. SumangaliResidences

SumangaliResidences Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    great share...

SumangaliResidences, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  13. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Good article. We come and contribute to forum with the hope that, valuable comments will help others and they will get interest to visit our links as well.

rubeljoy, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  14. 99sanni

99sanni Greenhorn

Best Answers:

hey, you can try it ,,,it is amazing

99sanni, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  15. deeptigarg

deeptigarg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes with the help of forum posting we improve our knowledge in a particular field and get the too much traffic from this.

deeptigarg, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  16. HufLala

HufLala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good information bro, Thank you.

HufLala, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  17. lok.p

lok.p Peon

Best Answers:
    It was very nice to read such informative share. Good luck.

lok.p, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  18. ItMakesCents

ItMakesCents Peon

Best Answers:
    Another good reason to post valuable things is to convince the moderators to allow you to post links to your site. Some places are pretty strict. I know a couple of message boards that are intimidated by my ability to create unique content pretty rapidly on my site.

ItMakesCents, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  19. annaharryson

annaharryson Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the information. i reall7y like the article. thanks for sharing.

annaharryson, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  20. universalyoga

universalyoga Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's really appreciate post thanks for information.

universalyoga, Aug 18, 2012 IP