1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta Title Tag Not Showing Up In Google SERPS!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jvfconsulting, Aug 15, 2012.

Our meta title tag was recently stripped from the Google SERPS. Now all it says is our company name! Can anyone please explain why this is happening and how to fix it? Our domain is not listed in DMOZ, so the title is not being pulled in from there.

Our current title tag is: <title>Web Design, SEO, CMS, eCommerce, Website Development | JVF Consulting</title>

Here is a screenshot of our title in the Google SERPS:

[​IMG]

jvfconsulting, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  2. NicolInfo

NicolInfo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you try re-index your site after add these meta tags in your site, once google index your site then your meta title tag will be show.

NicolInfo, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you have JVF Consulting after the pipe | which is what showing on the title. which suggests that you may have been using some CMS like wordpress and also using some sort of SEO plugin (or not). if you are using some seo pluggin, then your plugin is not setup properly to show the right permalink. if you are not using any plugin, check to see whether your permalink structure has been changed recently.

if you are not using any cms and running an Html static site, then see if your site has been updated recently. sometimes google shows different results based on which datacenter you are pulling the result from so your site might have been caught in the middle of an update which should be taken care of by itself.

if it is not being updated by itself, only explanation is that your site is using some permalink structure which is not setup properly.

there can be several reasons which is hard to figure out without knowing your site history, platform, update routine, etc but just some food for thought. good luck

sultanofseo, Aug 15, 2012 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. Audrey110

Audrey110 Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have changed your meta title and description ...... so go and first remove your cache ..... and then submit it In Google or pin it in Google ............... then check out the result.....

Audrey110, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  5. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the feedback! The homepage is an HTML static site, the title has been the same for over 2 years, we have not changed anything, thats why we can't figure it out! This problem just started happening with the last Google update. Very frustrating!

jvfconsulting, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  6. jvfconsulting

Best Answers:
    We have not changed our title in over a year.

jvfconsulting, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  7. alexford

alexford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Am also facing the same problem. Trying to figure out why this is happening.
    In your case the keyword is more like your domain name, but still i cannot say that may be the cause but in my case i was looking for generic keyword and the page in serp is correct but with inappropriate title.
    Any other clues.

alexford, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  8. suvendug

suvendug Member

Best Answers:
    it is not a problem....check your site index you can see that your complete title is showing in google, but when you search with your domain name...as you are doing right now.. it shows like that

suvendug, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  9. Ray Laminack

Ray Laminack Peon

Best Answers:
    Google probably changed the way your title appeared. Google will edit the way your Meta Title and Description appear based on the searchers query. Google also picks your keywords based on your content. Meta Tags these days are more like guidelines, you can put whatever you would like and it may help you rank, but Google will display what they feel is relevant

Ray Laminack, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  10. angelicakaka

angelicakaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can I ask a question? Correct me if I am wrong but I see that your search term is the company name as well.. So when you search with another keyword, does the same result appear?
    Because in the google SEO guidelines it is clearly stated that GOOGLE search for the most related results and most of the time, it lists websites with different title tags than the webmaster did create for his own website if google thinks this recommended title is more related and user friendly than the original one..Google also says that you can contact them and ask to appear in the results with the original title if you think that the one that google recommends is not related or wrong or bad.. whatever..

angelicakaka, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  11. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    I saw similar behavior on my pages when Google choose to show h2 tag instead of title.

Montreal Classifieds, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  12. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    looks like the correct title is showing now. might have been a temporary datacenter issue

sultanofseo, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  13. jvfconsulting

Best Answers:
    This is an old thread! of course the problem has been resolved by now!

jvfconsulting, May 1, 2013 IP
  14. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try using "Fetch as Googlebot" option on Google webmasters once the changes on a page are made, get quality external links to home page, make search engines re-crawl the homepage of the page in order to make it update its cache with the latest version of the home page. The same will reflect in the search engine results as soon as its cache is updated.

rankwatch.com, May 2, 2013 IP
  15. jvfconsulting

Best Answers:
    This is an old thread! The problem has been resolved! Do you people not read before posting?

jvfconsulting, May 3, 2013 IP