1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When Was The Downfall of Myspace?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MTbiker, Aug 15, 2012.

Are there any Myspace marketers still around? I haven't used Myspace in ages and was just wondering what's up now. The site itself has changed so much and definitely lost its popularity. Has everyone jumped ship?

I mean, MyspacePros.com forum is gone. When did that happen? I didn't even hear the news.

And what's up with WhateverLife.com? Did that Ashley girl finally sell it? Looks like a different site and it's getting spammed itself. Other fairly popular Myspace resource sites are gone or just parked pages.

MTbiker, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  2. Hobbit2

Hobbit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually logged into MySpacePros a few months ago because I was curious about getting back on the online scene, although I didn't expect much activity from MySpace itself. Then I check Myspacepros.com the other day and it's gone. It was pretty dead anyway.

EDIT: This is my first post in years. I still have MySpace links in my sig, haha.

Hobbit2, Aug 15, 2012 IP
    MTbiker likes this.
  3. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha yeah I was going to Myspacepros.com to see what was up with Myspace marketers nowadays and I guess I got my answer.

I wonder if any are creating graphics for Facebook cover photos or if resource sites in general are dead?

MTbiker, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  4. Hobbit2

Hobbit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I forgot to mention, a few months ago there was SOME activity on that forum but nothing noteworthy. I can't say there was much of a niche.

You could technically start a resource site for that. I recall seeing a friend on Facebook with a banner that had a watermark/website, but most of my friends just have random pictures from the internet. I don't know if people are actually interested. Maybe search for "Facebook banners" or something and see how those sites are doing, if there are any.

Hopefully someone who didn't leave the internet like I did will reply and give you a better answer. :)

Hobbit2, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  5. isababy

isababy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the rise of Facebook was the downfall of MySpace. It used to be a really good place for advertising. But, since advertising depends on audience and myspace has significantly lost a number of their users, it also slowly became a dead place for advertising.

isababy, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  6. ComputeNext

ComputeNext Guest

Best Answers:
    I remember most of my friends stopped using myspace when Facebook became open to the public. Around autumn 2007 was when I just stopped using myspace. Myspace is still a great place for musicians. There is an active community and it's a good place to go check out new bands

ComputeNext, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  7. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, there's no shortage of these sites! Pretty neat to see people jumping on the opportunity.

MTbiker, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  8. faithyunn

faithyunn Peon

Best Answers:
    No, Myspace still popular and yet effective in gaining traffic.

faithyunn, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  9. goknicks

goknicks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised they decided to take down myspacepros instead of re-purposing. Though traffic went down a great deal, they still had a band of loyal followers and plenty of people who would be willing to come back if they had a reason.

goknicks, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  10. DealLovingDiva

DealLovingDiva Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to be a long term user on MSP.. I fell off the earth for a couple years and was so excited to go post there the other day, and no its gone :/ I miss everyone that was there. Maybe it will open again some day.

DealLovingDiva, Sep 9, 2012 IP