1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best sound format so the users will not have to load plugins

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by ASTRAPI, Aug 15, 2012.

Hello

I have an mp3 file and i want to autoplay it and auto repeat it on my test site .html but i don't know which format is better to use so the users will not have to load any plugin on Firefox or Chrome if it is possible...

Now i use:

<embed src="file.mp3" loop="true" autoplay="true" width="1" height="1"></embed>

The width and height is set to 1 as i do not want the player to be visible and when i set it to 0 browser is crashing :(

Any tips?

Thank you

ASTRAPI, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  2. ASTRAPI

ASTRAPI Guest

Best Answers:
    Also loop doesn't work on Chrome :(

ASTRAPI, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  3. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MP3 is a proprietary audio format, so people under free software only, like some Linux distributions, will not be able to listen to them.

Try switching to an open format, like OGG. Try using HTML5 <audio> tag too. There's plenty info online on how to use them, so you shouldn't have severe issues while implementing them.

Tedel, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  4. mexsell

mexsell Peon

Best Answers:
    The best format is MP3. I don't recommend OGG, because some browsers doesn't support it like Safari Mobile or some old OS. Since the majority of the users of the internet doesn't use Linux or another open source OS, I recommend you to stick with standard formats for OS X or Windows 7x.

mexsell, Sep 4, 2012 IP