1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need advice for domain names flipping???

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Kureolimp, Aug 3, 2012.

I want to make some money by flipping domain names, I found great available names, but I dont know which of them to register and put on auction, what is the best solution???

1) Domains with 4 characters mixed with numbers.

2) Domains with 2 or 3 words.

3) Domains with 5 or 6 character, great names, but these names have no meaning.

4) When I put domain in google search like this (?????.com), I get more then 25 000 000 results, but when I put without .com (????? ????), I get more then 200 000 000 results.

5) When I put in GoDaddy Domain Name Appraisals, I have 2 domains that have around 1 700 USD and 2 000 USD, and few domains with 600 - 800 USD.

I want to register 1 domain name, but I dont know which of them to register.

Thanks. :p
    Kureolimp

Kureolimp, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  2. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    The best option is to buy nothing now. Instead research the domain industry for 1 year. Then when you have learned what approaches seem to be succeeding for others, imitate them. If you register domains today, the odds are 10,000 to 1 that you will lose all the money you spend.

ImageAuthors, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  3. livingmylife

livingmylife Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do know a nice amount about different online marketing methods but I am not expert in this particular field at all so this is just my opinion to try and help. But ask yourself a few questions before you buy a domain name for say $20.00 and try to flip it for like $2,000.00. You have to give your buyer a reason to want to spend big money on your domain name. So for example why would they buy a regular domain name from you as opposed to getting a similar one themselves fro $20.00? If they want that domain name why didn't they snatch it up already? What would be the benefit for them to purchase a domain name with no website, revenue or anything for $1,000, $1,500, $2,000.00? Back when there were still good domain names available for cheap, this was a great way to make a lot of good money fairly quickly but its not the same now. I'm not say you can not make money from domain flipping but you have got to do a lot of research first so you don't just lose all of your money. You'd be better off purchasing that domain and building at least a small simple site on it, nurture it so that it gets traffic, has a decent ranking and has some income, then someone may pay you a reasonable price because then they are not starting from scratch, more like website flipping instead of just domain flipping ....imho...... hope this helps some, good luck!!!

livingmylife, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  4. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    start with "Domains with 2 or 3 words." and good keywords, register them a cheap as possible to increase your margins
    if you use appraisals, try something more comprehensive like valuate.com

atxsurf, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  5. youtubetools

youtubetools Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the 'research' the domain game for a few months to a year. Educate yourself on different techniques regarding what you are trying to do. I found that when I began to join forums that were specific to my needs, I learned the most and best info. A great source I found is a site called blackhatworld.com (For the record - I'm strictly a 'whitehat' affiliate marketer). The reason I mention this site is because their is a ton of 'white hat' methods that I've learned over the last couple years from this site. A lot of the members of this site are SEO experts and have businesses with many clients. I've met a few guys on this site who are making big boy dollars. I figured out that Amazon can be a killer source of revenue if you know what you are doing - again, I received the knowledge via this site.

youtubetools, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  6. youtubetools

youtubetools Peon

Best Answers:
    Utilize Google, Bing, Youtube and other 'keyword search tools'. If you can find a keyword(s) with high traffic and low competition - you can make some serious money. I recently purchased a domain based on the above mentioned and have a few first page Google landings for this site and am receiving about 1,200 unique visitors a day and am generating some decent Adsense revenue. If you can build 100 sites like this - you begin to start making some real money. 100 sites making $20 bucks a day is 2,000 a day. I know guys who are making 6 figures simply by 'replicating' this technique.

youtubetools, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  7. Johnamc

Johnamc Peon

Best Answers:
    Research is key. Without research, it's kind of like buying lottery tickets (unless you just happen to come across an amazing name)

Johnamc, Aug 18, 2012 IP