1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Ways to get Free Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GameGirl1979, Aug 8, 2012.

1. mrbb008

mrbb008 Member

Best Answers:
    There is not easy way. All takes time and it is work. If it was easy then everyone would be rich, right?

Follow all of the advice already given and get to work, that's the hard part.

For me part of the fun is to learn about all the new tools and strategies to get traffic. Like someone mentioned research some video authoring tools and make something. Make something creative and funny or silly and you might go viral. Recruit some friends to serve as guinea pigs... i mean actors.

Good luck.

mrbb008, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  2. bdkreddyatp

bdkreddyatp Peon

Best Answers:
    I know a way to get free traffic i.e. Linkreferral (referral based advertising network), which gives you free website traffic along with the reviews on your website by the users like you and me. give it a try. I could make up to 50 visitors per day.

bdkreddyatp, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  3. Jason_Martin

Jason_Martin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are lot , depending upon your choice. Forum posting, directory submission and social media sites are the best sources of getting visitors.

Jason_Martin, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  4. DabullMind

DabullMind Member

Best Answers:
    First you will need to specify the quality of traffic you want. Getting traffic from search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing is the best targeted traffic and profitable you can find. There are many ways to generate traffic online and I am sure people have listed some above but knowing how to deal with it is another subject.

DabullMind, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  5. greentek

greentek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Media is one of the best Generate traffic.

greentek, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  6. Surminga

Surminga Member

Best Answers:
    All of what have been mentioned are great for short term traffic, for example, commenting on a blog will bring you traffic, could be a lot could be little.
    What you need to look at is SEO and your content. The sooner you get into seo and good seo within your blog the better for the sake of longer term traffic and targeted traffic too!

Surminga, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  7. DigitalForumFan

DigitalForumFan Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed your post and have some suggestions for you....

You said you have a gambling site...this means you can't use certian traffic sources like google adwords (ppc is paid traffic anyway) because of quality score.

To BEST ways (but not the only ways) to promote a gambling, adult or make money site are:

Video Marketing - You create little promotion videos about 1-5 minutes long and upload them to video sites like youtube. Its free except you need software to make the videos. Camtasia is 300.00 bucks but you should be able to find a free copy using torrents or p2p. Camtasia is good because it has video editing built in. Smaller programs like snag-it record video but you can't chop up the video and edit it easily... you need another software like window movie maker to edit it. windows movie maker is free to download ...alll over the place. This is the simplest and easiest form of free marketing.

You can do SEO but you need experience and software to execute the plan. You could use sick submitter which is only 20.00 a month. It has article marketing built in but you will have to learn how to spin it the right way and keep having to do it for possibly weeks to months. sick submitter also has a forum posting module where you add spinnable text and it post onto forums automatically and repeatedly. This will take some work to do. it have many other feature like blog comment ing and other stuff but it take some time to learn and see results

Article Marketing - (also take some time to see results) write or get someone to write an 1 article cost: 2-5 bucks make sure its 100 percent unique and original. You then spin it using "The Best Spinner" (spinner costs 47.00 with a discount, search online...). Once you spin it you will get hundreds of article variations that you can upload to a article submission service like UAW (Unique Article Wizard, also membership to unique article wizard cost 67.00 a month) Don't for get to add your link into the article...you will get backlink to your site and people can follow link to your site and visit, possibly buying something...or however you monetize your site. This is a great way to market, its been around a long time and its still effective but can take some work.

You can get better, faster results by using very low cost traffic methods like banner ads. You need to design the banner ads or get someone to design them and then just post them on sites using banner ad networks that specialize in displaying banner ads across the net. costs can be as low as a penny per click for banners

The last thing you can try that is very low cost is PPV or Pay per view networks like trafficvance.com or leadimpact.com you can reach people for 1/2 cent clicks but you need to target urls rather than keywords. Can be very effective and fast.

One way or another you will have to spend a little bit of money and a bunch of time. Even if I got my software for free I am still limited on what I can accomplish on my one computer alone. My computer slows down when I use all these software to make videos and stuff so I need to buy ram or when I let software create backlinks it take hours for my computer to complete.

One way or another you have to put in some time and some money always, in everything. so I pick my favorite poison and get to work. I think video is the best way for the average person to create traffic. You don't have duplicate content issues like article marketing, you don't have to worry about quality score form google as long at the promotion video doesn't have nudity or cussing. videos are faster to create than researching and writing an article.

One last thing...if you are running a website about gambling or what ever is that what the big guys are making the money? Are the gurus and people that making a killing online running one to even 100 gambling websites? Its possible , but think about people you know are making money and look closely at what they are doing...not what they are promoting.

DigitalForumFan, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  8. Watkins

Watkins Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media, Youtube, Email. There are a multitude of different free marketing techniques out there...it sort of depends on how much time you have as a lot of these techniques (and ones mentioned) can be labour intensive.

Watkins, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  9. peeptoeshoescom

peeptoeshoescom Peon

Best Answers:
    to get more traffic please prefer seo, smo,ppc and google adwords..

peeptoeshoescom, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  10. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without spending any money, best way to gain traffic is,
    - SEO
    - Youtube Videos
    - Facebook fan pages
    - Stumbleupon
    - Twitter pages

Work on them all, search for ways to get traffic from each of those sites, and I'm sure you'll learn how to get free traffic ;)

traxport121, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  11. lucas03

lucas03 Member

Best Answers:
    Its easy.
    1. Find out, what are you customers.
    2. Build a content or tool that is useful for your customers. Put yourself in there shoes, what would make you load/stay/read/buy/share your site? If you get great content, almost every user returns, some share, etc, go to 3.
    3. Find your customers on other sites, forums, etc. Help them, talk to them, ... Just make sure, it doesn't look like spam, dont force posting your site there. Add your site to that profile and try to make it visible, not primary aim of your posting there.
    4. Keep on building content, making reports of your visir trace and improving your site usability all the time. You will be rewarded.

lucas03, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  12. tranh

tranh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can get traffic by many different ways: posting forum and putting signature, commenting blog, writing article and putting links, yahoo answers. other sites: youtube, twitter, facebook. i also submit directory. the most important thing is your patience.

tranh, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  13. lok.p

lok.p Peon

Best Answers:
    You can purchase traffic if you want to have quality buying public try the Adsense or Adwords.

lok.p, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  14. lenam

lenam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can submit many directory which are free. but it takes 1 or 3 months to approval. i also writing articles to get more backlinks and content of the articles should be unique. social bookmarking and blog posting are also good ways.

lenam, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  15. jenaoliver14

jenaoliver14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engines have always been a major way to get traffic for free. That is why you need to do your homework and optimize your site so that it ranks well for the keywords you target. SEO is still the most powerful way to get traffic for free and you really need to invest some time and efforts in the optimization of your site. SEO is not that difficult and if you want to get familiar with it in a nutshell, check our SEO Tutorial. If you are too busy for that, you can start with the 15 Minute SEO article.

jenaoliver14, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  16. omegas

omegas Peon

Best Answers:
    face book and yahoo answers can reach good traffic to the websites

omegas, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  17. jamesjalvi

jamesjalvi Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook fans page
    Twitter
    Youtube video :)

jamesjalvi, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  18. Online blaster

Online blaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your helpful and informative topics to us.There are so much way to get traffic -
    1.Forum posting
    2.Blog commenting
    3.Social bookmarking site
    4.Classified adds list

are one of them to get it.

Online blaster, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  19. omegas

omegas Peon

Best Answers:
    social media sites also can reach good traffic

omegas, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  20. GameGirl1979

GameGirl1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats the best way to advertise on Twitter? Get lots of followers?

GameGirl1979, Aug 17, 2012 IP