1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drop in Keyword Ranking in Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by webdesigndevelopment, Apr 16, 2012.

1. knysna

knysna Peon

Best Answers:
    As mentioned above -- post your URL. Speculation don't work, and all SEO's state they don't participate in over aggressive SEO techniques.

knysna, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  2. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just give us your url and keywords. If you're worried about privacy, just PM the details to the participators of this thread.

tankard, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  3. BossBozz

BossBozz Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of people complaining of this over the past few days, something going on. Sites that have ranked well for years and don't do any seo are suddenly drooping out the top 100 for all their main terms... Should imagine that we'll be hearing a lot more about this over the next week or so.

BossBozz, Apr 17, 2012 IP
    Gifts From Scotland likes this.
  4. knysna

knysna Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you right, that's all they do is complain and act innocent. SUBMIT YOUR URL's then you might get some advice!! Its as simple as 1÷1=2

knysna, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  5. Gifts From Scotland

Gifts From Scotland Peon

Best Answers:
    kysyna :
    I don't understand what your on about ...
    The general theme of this thread is by site owners who have genuine long standing websites (like mine) and have not been involved in a recent SEO campaign.
    Who in the last month only, suddenly see ranking for the wrong things and a drop in ranking for the correct things.

looking for general feedback from others to see if its a global thing, or a local / per site issue.

Gifts From Scotland, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  6. MibuKotarou

MibuKotarou Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Basically if you were building anything to your keywords you will have issues. You need to have a balance of keyword and brand. If the brand is not there you are likely to be penalized. Link Building is not something Google is okay with. The best way to deal with this is to ensure that if you do link build you do it primarily to the brand to build authority and have a strong on page with fresh quality content. Also beware the networks!! A lot of free and paid directories and social bookmarking pages have the same IP and will get you in trouble.

MibuKotarou, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  7. knysna

knysna Peon

Best Answers:
    You say -- "ranking for the wrong things and a drop in ranking for the correct things" there is reason behind everything (what's right to you is not necessarily right to Google). How about spam that's been de-valued? They call it "over aggressive optimizing" how about the new algorithm update concerning titles and descriptions in search, whereby Google determine what to display. How about page relevance? What worked yesterday will not necessarily work today. I suggest you read up on the 50 algorithm updates that were implemented end March to see if you fall in any of those and previous algorithm updates. Its impossible to guess, and complaining not going help. SUBMIT YOUR URL.

knysna, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  8. knysna

knysna Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes they have become strict with regards to unnatural links but their they normally send you a penalty (in Webmaster Tools) spam backlinks they tend to filter out (de-value) that would course an overall drop in rankings. To me it sounds more like spam (de-valued) so in other words your keywords are now ranking the way they should not the way you previously spamed them to rank

knysna, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  9. techienews.co.uk

techienews.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry Knysna... you need a maths lesson!

1÷1=1... NOT 2!!!

techienews.co.uk, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  10. knysna

knysna Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. Ok, my humble apologize I was never that good at math's (but I never thought I was that bad) ;)

knysna, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  11. dharmeshaegis

dharmeshaegis Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

Thanks For Suggestion, Today I will Got My ranking Back.

Thanks All.

dharmeshaegis, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  12. PaulAndy24

PaulAndy24 Peon

Best Answers:
    It was very informative, thanks Aira.

PaulAndy24, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  13. MUK3SH

MUK3SH Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    same happened with my site.. :(

MUK3SH, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  14. rosenrana

rosenrana Peon

Best Answers:
    Hiiii
    I think so if doing wrong work at keywords then they drops suddenly............
    and we taking wrong category. discription, undefined on page then oviusly keywords drops down.......

Thanks and Regards

rosenrana, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  15. casand

casand Peon

Best Answers:
    Its because of google dance

casand, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  16. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, Me too noticed back keyword position on my sites. It might be because of Google panda effect. Looking forward to build more quality back links.

joelchrist, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  17. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to check your google webmaster tools account, there may be any notifications or messages regarding to the updates in your site. And we can assume this as Google panda update affected your website's search engine results. And i would like to recommend you to review Google webmaster quality guidelines and optimization tips to make your website google friendly and to keep your website far away from the penalties.

josefaryan, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  18. financialkyle

financialkyle Peon

Best Answers:
    seo is an ongoing process and once you stop doing SEO you will see the keywords ranks will fall down.

financialkyle, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  19. Gifts From Scotland

Gifts From Scotland Peon

Best Answers:
    I'v been meaning to pop back to DP for a few weeks now...
    I agree with codebreaker, It was just a dance...

The massive slump in search views, traffic and general ranking for my keyword/phrases was shortly followed by a massive jump up!
    ( what used to be 140,000 search views /month is now 300,000 search views / month )

Only a lot of the search traffic still has very little to do with my site... couple of random phrases in there.
    Not sure if negative SEO or just google trying to make sense of my content...
    End of the day , daily traffic is a little above normal, with the same amount of conversions from before the slump.

Here's a Picture , because i like pictures.

its-all-good-now.jpg

Gifts From Scotland, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  20. tmamedov

tmamedov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe it was Penguin data update and you were hit due to low-quality links, or unnatural link profile. Try making more natual links such as urls, brand name, this, here, this website etc

tmamedov, Aug 16, 2012 IP