1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Penguin - How should I build backlink now

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by wkcalvin, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Staci Lynn

Staci Lynn Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is the same issue that I have with my adult phone sex sites. I can write great original blog posts, but no one is going to link to me.
    The only natural back links I get is when someone steals my posts to publish on their site and they forget to remove the hyperlinked-text!

Staci Lynn, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  2. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL )
    I know what you feel. One of my sites is roulette related site, and it is also hard to promote. One thing what worked good for me is when I took about 30 well known systems, learned them and made 30 video tutorials with explanations and posted on the site and youtube. Till now viewers is most organic traffic on my site, and it brings about 6-10% of all traffic and newer was affected by updates. So may be you can come up with something like it. Make some sexy girl taking the phone, but make it the way people will like it and may share it, and it also have to be legal to watch to everyone. It may work, but yeah it is hard to keep "kosher" when you deal with hard niches.

User333, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  3. E13 9AZ

E13 9AZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Only noobs think content is king and the world will link back to you. Go ahead if you don't like making money online, me i LOVE making money online and have been very well for over 10 years.

I sell T-shirts what do you want me to keep writing about the history of cotton? polyester? when the first sewing machine was invented? get real I just build a nice clean site with unique titles and descriptions and start to build my back links, yes paid links.

1 months Adwords spend can buy me enough back links to last a good 2 years of paid links and top SERPS.

One just needs to be more diligent where the paid links are coming from now, that's all.

E13 9AZ, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  4. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    E13 9AZ, totally agree with you. Google fighting paid links to get that money though Adwords. This two face crocks talking all the time about user experience, and what kind of experience you get when all 3 to 6 first results in Google's paid commercial ads.
    They even have algorithm to penalize sites who have to many ads above fold line, but it doesn't affect Google it self. So now it become: "you want to spam people, do it trough Adwords" - that's the only legal spam you can do. They at least have to mark paid ads with more visible color and move it to the bottom, that will be fair for users and they experience. Of course investors push them to make more money but this is the way to collapse. No any empire survive for ever, all of them crashed at one point, and Google goes the same direction. This is just the matter of time, and probably someone already creating a new Google without bullshit ads same way it happened with Yahoo. I doubt it will be any of existing SEs like crappy Bing. It have to be something new and exiting. May be even from the same creators. So my statement of the day is: Big G remove your f... ads or you going to die.

User333, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  5. mnoorani

mnoorani Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    After the penguin update, the best practice is to use original content. Don't build crappy links. Less amount of good links is better than more amount of crappy links. I you want to learn more about Post Penguin Marketing, you can check out the ebook in my signature. :)

mnoorani, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  6. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    It was a sarcastic answer.... How can you ask what natural backlinks mean?

ija61, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  7. nitin22

nitin22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As always, just dont spam. Dont submit spun articles, dont submit to junk directories and dont get all links with just one anchor text. Make it look natural. This has been key all along :)

nitin22, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  8. lint631

lint631 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm now focusing on content. Good, unique content that people want to read.

lint631, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can have the best content in the world, but if you do not have any backlinks, then how are people going to find you, by shear luck?
    linkbuilding is what moves your content up in the serps; you need quality backlinks, along with quality content....

dscurlock, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  10. lint631

lint631 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Is getting backlinks only from sites in your niche crucial? I had some SEO done on one of my sites and they were getting links from all over the place. I told them to focus more on my niche.

lint631, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  11. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, you don't need any backlink that you would create yourself or pay to have them created. If you had the best content in the world, then people will find you, by word of mouth, you know social network, emails, real-life conversations and whatnot.. And the search engines too will send people your way too.
    But we don't have the best content in the world :)

JamesColin, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  12. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to make your backlinks relevant and high–quality now. If you are creating links through anchor text, then make sure to use a variety of similar anchor texts. Also make sure you are linking back to sites within your niche and pages that are related to the page you're promoting.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  13. lint631

lint631 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks that's what I was thinking. When working SEO for a site I've found that coming up with a plan is crucial. My last plan really didn't lay out anything and it tail spun into a bunch of links to non-relevant sites.

lint631, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  14. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Post penguin is all about "genuine" site. So first remove all your backlinks...

Codythebest, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  15. bobdies

bobdies Peon

Best Answers:
    Give back links on related site and with gd PR and Maintain Content in your Website!

bobdies, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  16. mamtak

mamtak Member

Best Answers:
    I think, Google Penguin update is for link web spam. you can use different- different titles for link exchange or directory submission just keep in mind the site from which you taking link should be has good quality content, no to much link on page etc.
    Like jobs search, search jobs, IT Jobs.. some thing like this.

mamtak, Aug 13, 2012 IP