1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google analytics visitor results are playing up and down....why?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by zourkas, Aug 10, 2012.

Hello guys!!

I have inserted the google analytics code into my html code in order to track my visitors. But when I go into my google analytics account the results of visitos does not increase steadily but it plays up and down and I do not know exactly where are my visitors come from. For example today it shows that i have 25 visitors from facebook and tomorrow it can show me 20 visitors from facebook....this is not logical. Can anybody here help me ?? :(

thank you,
    zourkas

zourkas, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  2. MagnetiCat

MagnetiCat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey!

When you have a low amount of visitors - below 200-300 - huge fluctuations in traffic are completely normal. It takes nothing to have 20 users coming from Facebook, for example. As the traffic goes up, your graph should be more and more predictable (with weekly cyclic fluctuations, usually), so that looking at a month log of stats in a graph format will show a certain consistency. Once you surpass 2,000 users or so per day, the traffic becomes VERY predictable, leaving aside those random spikes coming for example from social networks.

So, do not worry about it and think about getting more traffic.

MagnetiCat, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  3. damian_p

damian_p Peon

Best Answers:
    The short spikes are caused by social boomarking sites. I've had a site with an average 5000 visitors per day, and in one day, one particular page got massive exposure on a bookmarking site, and the visitors jumped to about 23.000. So, spikes can happen to big sites as well.

But really, at a few 10-100 visitors, visitors are really uncertain in both quantity and source, so don't worry much about traffic/statistics right now, you should first get at least a few hundred visitors per day. At 10.000+ visitors per day, you will start to notice a wave pattern, up in some days, down in other, and it follows a cyclic path, repetitive.

damian_p, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  4. SandeepSherawat

SandeepSherawat Peon

Best Answers:
    HI damian

I am totally agree with your points. Your views are absolutely right. Thanks for sharing your views. I hope you will share more views in future.

SandeepSherawat, Aug 13, 2012 IP