1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding a video to a WordPress page

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by cinesport, Aug 8, 2012.

Wondering how I can add video to the right hand side of one of my wordpress site's pages. We have an existing video there now, but it was placed by someone who is no longer with our company. Any idea how to upload a video and make sure it lands in the correct spot on the page?

cinesport, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  2. premiumwordpressthemes

premiumwordpressthemes Active Member

Best Answers:
    simply upload your video to YouTube, then copy the embed code, paste into your wepage.

premiumwordpressthemes, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  3. cinesport

cinesport Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, but I know how to upload a video. What I'm asking is how to upload it to a specific place on the page. We want the video sitting to the right of the text. The edit box on the page doesn't even show that space, only shows our text. We have an existing video sitting over there to the right, I'd like to put a new one in its place.

cinesport, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  4. TedPeterson

TedPeterson Peon

Best Answers:
    You are trying to add it to your side bar then? You need to go into your widgets area. Then edit the current video and text in that widget. Should be a simple copy and past from there. Make sure to save it when you are through though or you will have to do it all over again. If you need further assistance pm me! Hope this helps though!

TedPeterson, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  5. Pepdeal

Pepdeal Peon

Best Answers:
    insert the embed code as html or use any plugin

Pepdeal, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  6. damian_p

damian_p Peon

Best Answers:
    Some wordpress themes offer this functionality, others don't. In any case, you can use the embed code provided by either Vimeo or Youtube to embed in the widget section or in pages/posts.

damian_p, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  7. dcrackmind

dcrackmind Peon

Best Answers:
    It's quite easy to add a video to a Wordpress page, all you need to do is to copy embed from Youtube or any other video share website and paste that embed HTML code in the HTML section of Wordpress.

;D Cheers! Have fun and happy blogging, I always get happy by helping people.

dcrackmind, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  8. RaviJayagopal

RaviJayagopal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Add a "Text" widget to your sidebar. And then you can paste the video's embed-code, say from you YouTube, into that text widget. And it will show up as a video when you view your web site. Remember to keep the size of the video small enough to fit in to your sidebar.

Or you could just insert an image, and then take them to another page where you could've embedded the video right into the main body of your page, thus giving them the option of viewing a much larger video player.

Or you can use a lightbox plugin so when the click on image of video on sidebar, it opens up a lightbox and plays it in the middle of the screen, while dimming the rest of the screen.

RaviJayagopal, Aug 12, 2012 IP