1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reasons for sandbox

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bobdies, Aug 6, 2012.

what are the factors for which the Google find some website need to be sand boxed?

bobdies, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  2. Cool Blogger

Cool Blogger Member

Best Answers:
    No body know..except google employees :)

Cool Blogger, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  3. bobdies

bobdies Peon

Best Answers:
    There must be any perception about it! please help if any1 finds it!

bobdies, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  4. Annlinclarkson

Annlinclarkson Peon

Best Answers:
    This question still remains a mystery, even i am researching to find exact factors for it. But i think the website which goes into sandbox can evaluate it by themselves what might be potential reason for being penalized harshly by google!

Annlinclarkson, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  5. lonking

lonking Peon

Best Answers:
    Sandbox means a period that the search engine assesses a new website, which could last 2-6 months. Thus for this reason, your website must be a new website. And during the sandbox time, if you haven't enough efforts, the period could be longer.

lonking, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  6. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    sisatel, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  7. bobdies

bobdies Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean to say Google abandon any web site thus in order to retrieve it we need to install with new web pages in it!

bobdies, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  8. shhassannaseer

shhassannaseer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Webspam as well as Blackhat techniques both are the major reasons for Sandbox.

shhassannaseer, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  9. kevinwalshwhite

kevinwalshwhite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have not used any blackhat and webspam SEO. Only use white hat SEO with unique content then why my site is going down from 2nd page of google to 12th then 30th now for the keyword "How To Make Solar Panels". My website is makeyoursolarpanelnow.com

Can Anyone suggest is this my website is in sandbox or not.

kevinwalshwhite, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  10. MyWebPromotion

MyWebPromotion Peon

Best Answers:
    People begin new web sites all the time. After a little time they lose interest and abandon the site. Search engines tend to pay less attention to a site that hasn't been around for a while. That is my understanding of what the sandbox is all about.

MyWebPromotion, Aug 18, 2012 IP
  11. MyWebPromotion

MyWebPromotion Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think the sandbox would be the cause. Nice site but I only see one page with a lot of text on it. Compare the keyword density of that page with the pages that are ranking higher. How many related links point to those other pages?

MyWebPromotion, Aug 18, 2012 IP
  12. Taswir

Taswir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To avoid sandbox I prefer to buy aged domains in auction, as Google trust the old domains. The parked domains sometimes get PR1 though they do not have any content in it. Someone has any idea why this happen?

Taswir, Aug 18, 2012 IP
  13. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you answered your own question. These sites probably get a default pr1 due to age of site or maybe a it still has a good amount of backlinks even though its parked.

MelfromBoD, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  14. Taswir

Taswir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nope bro actually I am talking about new site getting PR1.. Even my site- tips-smart. com got PR2 when it was just parked. Same case happened to articlezzz. com and seoroyal. com. All of these are registered this year, not old domain. I just recently started adding content after getting PR!

Taswir, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  15. MyWebPromotion

MyWebPromotion Peon

Best Answers:
    I have always heard that sites less than a year old get lower pr due to the sandbox. I really think that very often rather than asking what brings down the rank of a site, a better question would be to ask what competitors are doing right that brings up their rank.

MyWebPromotion, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  16. smithalex13

smithalex13 Guest

Best Answers:
    No, it's not something that no one knows. Google came with this Sandbox theory in early 2004 to penalize newly created websites with frequent domain ownership. When companies used to promote their product by creating the site and efforts were made to rank that site high on the first page; however once the promotion was done, websites were pulled down and Google had lot of these spammy links and junk and broken URLs, which created a bad user experience among Google searchers. So Sandbox is to identify those sites who try to get higher very quickly on the search by following unethical practices to make sure that the searchers have a good experience. Once the site goes into the Sandbox, it gets difficult for the webmasters to get them out of the Sandbox as there is no any defined criteria and timeline fixed for that. Minimum time that it may take is from 6 months to 18 months. Webmasters need to work on quality backlink and content so that Google takes the site out of Sandbox.
    This may sound as a bad policy for people who are trying to create new websites but if they follow the guidelines, they shouldn't be worried of anything. The whole idea of creating this Sandbox theory was to make sure that the end users of happy while searching on Google and then are redirected to the quality content and information.

Hope this helps out.

smithalex13, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  17. Webexpertz

Webexpertz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google sends those sites to sandbox whose doesn't full-fill Google Algorithm.

Webexpertz, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  18. Taswir

Taswir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems that new sites are put into Sandbox most of the time. And the duration for sandbox depends from 3 to somewhat 9 months. Some of my new sites after getting in 1st page of google being punished and I couldn't found those pages even in 100! Later 3 months back those were ranked in 1st page again and this time they seem stable in their ranking.

Taswir, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  19. robertu

robertu Peon

Best Answers:
    It never happened to me as I always try to not fail on the start. When setting up a site try to pump it up with some initial content and not delete it right after launching. Do not forget about submitting a working sitemap.xml. It helps a lot. This way you won't be penalized even if you delete some pages in future.

robertu, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  20. chonmua.com

chonmua.com Peon

Best Answers:
    you post too many backlinks and content copied from other websites

chonmua.com, Sep 19, 2012 IP