1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Are Some Good Directories To Submit My Links To?

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by msafi2, Aug 2, 2012.

I have been doing SEO for a little while now for some sites but have never put much attention on submitting to directories. I was often informed that it was not worth the trouble. But seems like that popular opinion was a bit flawed, because I have learned that directories do add value when you use the proper ones. Does anyone here have some lists that they would like to share or at least some ideas on where I can begin my search?

Mod Note: Send a private message if the OP does not give you a form to submit your suggestions through.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    msafi2, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is a list at vilesilencer.com and also a list at directorycritic.com. I think both offer a well edited list of some of the better directories that have been around for a while and are not "fly by night".

dvduval, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  3. msafi2

msafi2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you dvduval and sunilmamo for your replies. This should help me get started out on the right path. How do I really know a good directory site when I see one? I have been surfing a few and trying to make my own list, but it would help to know what others think are signs that a directory is worthy of my time.

msafi2, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  4. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This would be a great topic for an article with examples. Would love to see this written.

dvduval, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  5. psychicmystery

psychicmystery Active Member

Best Answers:
    the best directories are niche directories that related to your site. you will get more value by using them rather then general directories.

psychicmystery, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  6. msafi2

msafi2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like that also. Already I have seen a few general suggestions but would love to see more and in more detail.

msafi2, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  7. msafi2

msafi2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds very good and makes a lot of sense. I think that this way not only would your link be more relevant to the website and give you more link juice, but also a directory like this would be more likely to be run by a person who really cared about the subject and also cared about making a quality site. If I was a spammer then I would not bother to work with niches.

msafi2, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "Been around for a while" — a good point. Years ago I used to submit to thousands of directories. Nowadays I submit only to directories that, as you put it well, "have been around for a while and are not 'fly by night' ".

Jim4767, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  9. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As far as article directories with great link building reputations, I would suggest Ezinearticles, GoArticles, and Articlesbase. As a content writer and copywriter, those are the ones I use for my own sites and also for my clients that are looking for links. The simple process is you write or contract a writer to do a relevant article and then you can put two links in the article back to your site. People that read these articles are basically targeted leads because they are already interested in what you are probably marketing because they took the time to read the relevant article. I do not adhere to the idea of putting unrelated links in articles just to build SEO.

Lynn C, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  10. msafi2

msafi2 Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds good. How do you go about identifying the ones that have been around for a while? Do you stick with just a few that you know personally or do you go searching for them and finding out how long your new discoveries have been in operation? I know that maybe one quick way would be to do Google searches and use the firefox plugin that instantly gives info about every link that is listed in the browser.

msafi2, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  11. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I do very little directory submission these days. About all I do is watch Digital Point's "Solicitations" forum, and if the poster states that it is an established directory (not "new"), I look at the directory and make a decision whether or not to submit.

Jim4767, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  12. nonar

nonar Active Member

Best Answers:
    ( Some Good Directories To Submit )
    This issue was open many times and most answers and ideas about was.
    Yes directories worth to submit your links, niche and general directories do add value for your site.
    The age of the directory, many directories inform that they are online for 8-10-13 years but empty nothing content and if you find only some paid links. leave it.
    Directories includes 20000-30000 links leave it some are spam farm.
    The content of the directory will help you to find out its worthing or not.
    Latest links will guide to know.
    Take one good paid back link each how many days and add quality information in your site will add more value and answer your question.

nonar, Aug 15, 2012 IP