1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice and Tips on web development programming languages

Discussion in 'Programming' started by cosmicx, Aug 5, 2012.

Hello experts and experienced members,

I am a newbie Web Designer, and I've been practicing a lot.

Now, I've decided to dive into Web Development. But I don't know yet any programming language for Web Development.

So I need your tips and advise on what's the right for me to learn FIRST.

PHP, RUBY or PHYTON?

cosmicx, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  2. setyp

setyp Member

Best Answers:
    i advice you to learn php, because it is easier. good luck ;)

setyp, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  3. MagnetiCat

MagnetiCat Active Member

Best Answers:
    In terms of market share and ease of use, PHP is your best bet. I think as a web developer, you NEED to know the language and use it.

This said, I always think that trying to find work by learning less common or more specialized skills is also a very good thing - so as long as you learn them properly, Python and Ruby might both be also interesting routes to take, even though maybe a tiny bit riskier. I have had many friends that were hired by Japanese companies thanks to their advanced knowledge of the Ruby language.

MagnetiCat, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  4. cosmicx

cosmicx Peon

Best Answers:
    @MagnetCat

Thanks for the input, Ive thought of that too... Learn the less common language.

But anyhow, I think I'm gonna learn PHP first.

Probably that's why Japanese demands Ruby Programmer, since the creator of Ruby is Japanese.

cosmicx, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  5. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think first you should learn Third part specially Wordpress, Magento then come to custom PHP Development.

OSSEO, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  6. cosmicx

cosmicx Peon

Best Answers:
    aaahhh....

CMS? and ready-to-use php script?

Ok, what part of it should I learn? can you mention the reasons why should I learn it first? there are lots of them actually.

Are you really serious?

cosmicx, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  7. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to learn programming you don't start with a language, you start by learning programming - algorithms, data structures, classes, etc. Start with Algorithms & Data Structures.pdf

Then you'll need HTML and CSS (if you don't already know them) and Javascript for client-side coding. (If you don't understand the difference between server-side code and client-side code, learn that first.) For server-side code I'd recommend PHP first, since it's the easiest. You'll also need to learn SQL if you want to interact with databases.

Rukbat, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  8. akhilesh kanodia

akhilesh kanodia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think php is good for dynamic page creation .it is easy to learn and use.

akhilesh kanodia, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  9. nandanamnidheesh

nandanamnidheesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    you are a designer right ? so let me tell you bro .. start from HTML 5 and CSS3 then move to css grid systems (fixed and fluid). after that before starting programing i prefer learning c++ so you will get basic idea about programming then after that start from PHP. i wont prefer starting from CMS cause it make u lazy :). after you have good knw in php try learning wordpress or joomla if you need to be a CMS developer. if you want to be a web application developer try learning some frame works in php like codeignitor / yii / zend etc. aahhh i forget in between you can try your hand on JAVASCRIPT / jquery :)

nandanamnidheesh, Aug 16, 2012 IP