1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Ways to get Free Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GameGirl1979, Aug 8, 2012.

Does anyone know the best ways to get traffic without having to buy it? I have limited funds on what I can do and I am in desperate need to start getting certain traffic. I'm currently unemployed right now and things are tough, and I used to do alot of marketing online for affiliate programs and the way I got the traffic has changed, and I can't seem to do much with it anymore, I need help and fast because my house might be going into foreclosure soon :(

GameGirl1979, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  2. annamolly777

annamolly777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes,

Forum marketing
    Youtube
    Yahoo Answers

Utilizing these three things this month, and taking action will give you thousands of legitimate, niched traffic to your site. Keep it going, and hundreds of thousands eventually.

annamolly777, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  3. indiaholidaydiary

indiaholidaydiary Member

Best Answers:
    I would Suggest

Linkedin Groups
    Twitter
    YouTube Video
    Press Release
    Related Forum

Hope this will work for you!!

indiaholidaydiary, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  4. GameGirl1979

GameGirl1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum marketing? Everytime I try to post a link in a forum somewhere the admin deletes it and then im banned. Youtube? I dont have any videos to upload. Yahoo answers? Hows that going to benefit my site, they dont allow you to post clickable links to other sites do they?

5. GameGirl1979

GameGirl1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    And what is the best way to go about using these services to pull traffic, I just dont understand. As for Press Release, do you have a link to where I should be submitting a press release article?

6. SandeepSherawat

SandeepSherawat Peon

Best Answers:
    HI friends,

To get the traffic on your site use seo and smo techniques like forum posting, blog commenting, Article marketing, Facebook marketing, You tube video submission etc.

[TABLE="width: 284"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 284"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

SandeepSherawat, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  7. GameGirl1979

GameGirl1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, my site is gambling related so its very difficult to do anything there is millions of sites and portals out there like it, as for SEO, im sure my site could use some serious help, but I have no clue about SEO and everytime I try to get help they want a ton of cash and cant even guarentee anything...

8. 2Good

2Good Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum and Blog commenting and article posting, yahoo answers, youtube, social media, profile building, directory submission are the ways to get traffic but remember one thing in mind that everything need time so be patience as room was not built in one day.

2Good, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  9. kyliejames30

kyliejames30 Peon

Best Answers:
    Their is a saying "No Risk No Business"

kyliejames30, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  10. Bic Pens

Bic Pens Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest... One of the first steps in getting traffic for free is trivial but vital – get great content and frequently update it. Because Content is king. If your content is good and frequently updated you will not only build a loyal audience of recurring visitors, who will often come to see what is new, but search engines will also love your site. And secondly...
    - Article posting. The articles should be optimised for a keyword your site is targeting.
    - Blog posting. Start a blog on blogger.com and wordpress.com, link them to your site and submit them to the hundreds of free blog directories. This will get you plenty of quality traffic as long as you keep your blogs updated.
    - Forum posting which get millions of visitors a day and if you are a popular user on such a forum, you can use this to get traffic to your site
    - Blog commenting on related sites. It's also very beneficial way to get traffic.
    - Popular social bookmarking sites. It's another powerful way to get traffic for free. Such as Digg, Delicious, twitter and Facebook.
    - Press Release - This one can be very powerful. Submit it to press release sites such as prweb.com.
    - Directory submission. such as dmoz.com, in.dir.yahoo.com
    - Posting ads with a link to you site on all the free classified ad site. such as craigslist.com
    These techniques work, but you don’t have to use them all at once.

Bic Pens, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  11. masterclass

masterclass Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to get traffic for free, blog commenting is an example or you can also go to social media sites that can help bring huge traffic for your website...

masterclass, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  12. MrBeLu

MrBeLu Member

Best Answers:
    There are 10's (maybe even 100's) of ways to get free traffic. Free traffic is a very wide term.
    I would suggest narrowing it all down more. Think what kind of traffic you need. Is it converted? Is anyone who clicks your link making you money? etc.
    Figure out things like that, and then when you see all the suggestions you will have an idea if that source will work. You mentored that you dont have any youtube videos.
    Its not good or bad it just means that you have to put that in your mind when you are considering what source of free traffic to take.
    Hope this makes sense.

MrBeLu, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  13. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to build facebook page and promote it cpa offers.You can make lot of money through it.Do seo for your blog ,you need not spend much money.You can do it yourself .You are doing online marketing from many years.

unknownpray, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  14. tjiehao

tjiehao Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey GirlGamer,
    Here are some tips that will help you with blog traffic through my own experience:
    1. Guest Posting
    2. Bookmarking Sites
    3. Article Directories
    4. Forum Backlinks
    5. Blog Commenting
    6. Web 2.0
    7. Tier Link Building
    8. YouTube
    9. Twitter, Facebook (Social Networking)
    10. Directory Listing (Google Webmaster Tools)

The ultimate goal is to build your list and take down your reader's email address to send them a weekly or monthly round-up of your blog posts and make them have more confidence in your services.

I recommend trying out each tip one by one until you fully mastered the blog traffic tips and your website will be absolutely KILLER. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll be more than happy to help you

tjiehao, Aug 9, 2012 IP
    Andre Glegg likes this.
  15. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    You can join yahoo answer and yahoo group too.

rith, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  16. faithyunn

faithyunn Peon

Best Answers:
    For now the most common way and very effective way to get traffic with out buying is by using social media sites.

faithyunn, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  17. Jay Elliot

Jay Elliot Member

Best Answers:
    Two of you mentioned directory listings, any chance that somebody knows of a good compiled list of these directories?

Jay Elliot, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  18. GameGirl1979

GameGirl1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually found a pretty cool site that lists tons of them that have been submitted to their site, checkout: web-directories.ws/General/Free/?s=D&p=1

GameGirl1979, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  19. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are several methods you can use to get traffic, like participating in various forums and blogs within your site's niche. You can also submit to article directories for more backlinks. I found that participating in Yahoo Answers also helps.

It's going to be hard work, but you end up with tons of backlinks as well as traffic in the long run. So it's all worth it. :)

Hope that helps. Have a good weekend!

affilorama, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  20. greentek

greentek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes that's true....

greentek, Aug 10, 2012 IP