1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which language is best for beginner's for developing Smart Phone app?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Raj28, Aug 6, 2012.

I wanted to be a Smart Phone Application developer.So,which language is best for beginner's for developing Smart Phone app and How can i developed a good app for Android within 6 months.
    I have middle level knowledge in C & C++.

Raj28, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  2. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read that it's possible to write apps in C, but I would use JAVA. There are tons of tutorials and books about how to get started with programming for Android. Here is one

http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/creating-project.html
    Code (markup):

GMF, Aug 6, 2012 IP
    Raj28 likes this.
  3. linkhq

linkhq Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The most sold smartphones are Androids & to develop android apps you have to know Java. If you know a bit of Java then google has lots of tutorial online. First thing you should do is download Eclipse & Android SDK. Then follow the tutorials.

linkhq, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  4. Dynamo_M

Dynamo_M Guest

Best Answers:
    For Android development, you are best of learning and using Java, if you have C/C++ knowledge Java should be very easy to learn. In terms of 'how you can develop a good app in 6 months?' that ultimately depends on how much you have learnt, your design principles and how well you have taken advantage of the language benefits. Ultimately with enough time and dedication your app will be complete, however in order to ensure testability and future development, your project will have to be nicely designed and reusable if and when necessary

Dynamo_M, Aug 6, 2012 IP
    Raj28 likes this.
  5. SandeepSherawat

SandeepSherawat Peon

Best Answers:
    I think JAVA is bets programming language for developing smart phone application.

SandeepSherawat, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  6. Raj28

Raj28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks,
    I started Java soon.

Raj28, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  7. Raj28

Raj28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks To all.......

Raj28, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  8. MagnetiCat

MagnetiCat Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to go cross-platform and you are a complete beginner, I recommend some framework like Corona SDK or Gideros Mobile, based on Lua. Both are very easy to start with and relatively cheap; Gideros is extensible also with native code, so you do not sacrifice too much freedom with it.

Lua is easy to start with if you have little experience, even though I recommend following some tutorials when starting.

MagnetiCat, Aug 8, 2012 IP
    Raj28 likes this.
  9. jenyfarlopej

jenyfarlopej Member

Best Answers:
    I think for phone aps java is the best. But if you want to do it by C you can do it.

jenyfarlopej, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  10. GuiltyDragon

GuiltyDragon Peon

Best Answers:
    My vote goes for Java as well, even though it's not my programming language of choice. In my uni course we had to develop a game for the android platform and thanks to our lecture structure we managed something decent in about 2 weeks. Given more time it could have been much better.

GuiltyDragon, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  11. CodeBeast

CodeBeast Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for android go with java,for iOS learn objective C and for windows mobile phones you need to know C# - For me c# is the easier of the 3 languages(even it's very simmilar to java),but I can say that android apps are selling more.

CodeBeast, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  12. JohnMarine

JohnMarine Peon

Best Answers:
    I found perfect site for creating apps...Yesterday I ended up on some site called apps-machine.com . I have to share it with you guys. I started creating my own app and after 15 minutes clicking on their control panel(no programming,just clicks) I made app in what user could make effects on their photos,paint photos,play music,play videos,have notepad,chat and stream music. They got literally 1000's of features on their control panel :D I think this could be a gold mine :p :p And I read something that they have free app development and so on. Aaand you can change everything all the backgrounds,colors,tabs...and you instantly see it on that same page through their simulator..don't know how they managed to do that but it is super handy...I am super excited at the moment..time to get some apps on apple and play store :D :D

JohnMarine, Nov 3, 2013 IP