1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting Free Products On Amazon To Increase Referral Rate

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by carrolls1372, Jul 23, 2012.

I have multiple sites up promoting different amazon products in different niches. One niche I find converts fairly well is books and I use that to increase my referral rate to gain a higher % on my other higher priced products. I was wondering if anyone knows about promoting free products on amazon ie the free kindle ebooks? I figure those will convert a little faster since they are free but I wasn't sure if it counted on something that was $0.

carrolls1372, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  2. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well Carroll, that is a great question and it got my brain going. I think it is a very smart idea to get people to the site by showing them freebies. This is why. I promote stuff that is 30%-70% off and I get the sales and sometimes I dont sell the item but I sell five other items.

I think free stuff will get a lot more click through and then once they are there, Amazon steps in and upsells them. Iv seen this so many times and I just started out.

So I think it is worthwhile and may surprise us how well it pays off.

ZilaHost, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  3. carrolls1372

carrolls1372 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response! Promoting with amazon is my favorite because i get commissions on everything they buy on amazon which is why I'm hoping the free stuff will convert. I've put up a few lists of free things but didn't see any results from the updates on amazon this am. I've emailed amazon with this question just to verify though so hopefully it's just my lazy visitors not clicking :p

carrolls1372, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  4. carrolls1372

carrolls1372 Member

Best Answers:
    Well this sucks...Guess I got my answer and I'll take down those free things I was promoting lol!

carrolls1372, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  5. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is sad. However it still gets them to the site and Amazon is good at upselling. Could result in a sale. :)

ZilaHost, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  6. dilawer

dilawer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh man that sucks free products convert so well.

dilawer, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  7. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    They sure do. How do you guy find freebies on Amazon? Id love to use them to build up my "Free" category on my site. Thanks!

-Al

ZilaHost, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  8. bibi21

bibi21 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find freebies by just looking around and find something to give away for free. How is your site converting with this "free section"?

bibi21, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  9. carrolls1372

carrolls1372 Member

Best Answers:
    carrolls1372, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  10. SantosHelper

SantosHelper Peon

Best Answers:
    Darn, too bad that wasnt the answer we were looking for. But I am glad to see you were thinking outside the box! It works to get them surfing amazon at least! Will keep this in mind.

SantosHelper, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  11. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is still a potentially good way to get people on Amazon and get those upsells.

freshdevelopment, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  12. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi carrolls1372, I can understand what you're trying to do and relying on getting other affiliate sales whilst they're looking at your books or even free itmes. It's all about trial and error and finding the right balance between how much time you're willing to spend on this against how much commission you can make in a month.

All the Best

shmeeko69, Aug 9, 2012 IP