1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Home Page Design - $200 - Guaranteed - RUSH - 8/8 or sooner

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Hades, Aug 5, 2012.

Hi Guys,

I need a homepage for wordpress designed. It's for a site ShesAHomewrecker . A logo is attached. I'm waiting for the source files to get a better quality logo but for now this will have to do. This needs to be RUSHED ASAP!!! It will be similar to www. the dirty . com please remove spaces. Please be aware the site seems to be hacked, so it keeps on redirecting. Simply after 1 - 2 seconds on the page click the (X) so the page stops loading. This will make sure you can look at the page. I'm only including this so you understand what kind of content will be posted.

Colors: Match the logo. Hot Pink and Black and anything else you see that should be in there.

Make sure to have a link to disclaimer/terms and conditions/privacy policy in the top corner.

Also, need a button for submit your story. Something like the "Submit Dirt" button on the dirty. Maybe "Identify Homewrecker." I think it'd be best placed opposite of logo. Possibly have the disclaimer/terms and conditions/privacy policy links on the right (logo on the left) and underneath have a "Identify Homewrecker" button. This needs to be visible.

Please make the first post (most recent post) look like it's featured. It should seem different from other posts. All pictures should still show up on the home page though. So don't just put a picture for the featured post and hide the pictures for the other posts. Most posts will have pictures, but not all, so keep that in mind.

You can decide what to put in the sidebar. Some box ads wouldn't be too bad though, maybe a set of 125x125 and one big one above or something. This is just me brainstorming. Top Posts and Recent Posts would be nice too.

Please add a comment form to one of the posts so I can see what comments would look like. This site needs to be interactive as much as possible for the user.

Logo is attached.

This contest is guaranteed. All rights will be transfered over to me once the design is payed for. Designer must send over the source files (preferably PSD but Fireworks PNG is ok as well). I reserve the right to end this contest early or extend it by up to 72 hours. Please submit all designs to this thread. Any questions, please ask. It's easier to ask then to assume and do it wrong and waste your time. I need this done EXTRA FAST, SUPER RUSH, but still GOOD.

Best Regards,
    Nick

EDIT: NEW LOGO UPLOADED

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Hades, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  2. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello , Is it still opened ??

El Mariachi, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  3. Anterr

Anterr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I will submit my entry soon ;)

Anterr, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  4. technoguy

technoguy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    technoguy, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  5. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes. This is still open.

I believe the client is looking for a bit more of a web 2.0 look to the site. If not that, make it look clean

Hades, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  6. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Also, I do not need it to look like thedirty.com In my opinion, that site is ugly. I want it to be clean. It's 2012, lets not make it ugly.

Best Regards,
    Nick

Hades, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  7. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please post all of the designs here. I would prefer that over PMs. I would like to make this contest fair. I have some feedback, so please post here so I can put up feedback.

Best Regards,
    Nick

Hades, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  8. Anterr

Anterr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Anterr, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  9. amir_daman

amir_daman Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    amir_daman, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  10. deedesign

deedesign Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  11. mx84

mx84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    mx84, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  12. mtbwm

mtbwm Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    mtbwm, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  13. sparkle92

sparkle92 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey there, I want to make an entry as well, so if it's still running I hope you can wait for me, thanks! ;)

sparkle92, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  14. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yugo, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  15. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    She didn't like it.

She didn't really like it. No feedback given on it. If it helps, I liked it. Thought it was a nice design.

She liked it in the beginning but it wasn't a complete favorite. She didn't give me much feedback on it. She definitely liked the posts area. The sidebar area needs work.

For some reason, digital point didn't send me an email saying you submitted so I just sent the files to her. Will give you feedback soon.

And I quote the following from the client: "do not like the background. Navigation bar needs to go the full length of the body of the posts and side bar. Logo way too small. dont like the expose homewrecker in purple button."

Nope.

I believe this is one of her two favorites at the current moment. She wants the logo bigger. Also wants a different icon for the Identify Homewrecker Button. Maybe the broken heart from the logo or a spy glass. Broken heart from the logo sounds better.

Hades, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  16. mtbwm

mtbwm Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Joke of a contest if I am honest.

"She didn't like it"
    "She didn't really like it. No feedback given on it. If it helps, I liked it."
    "Nope"

You call that feedback?

mtbwm, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  17. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not every client knows what they are talking about when they look at a website design, but they all know what they want. She didn't like yours. If you'd like feedback, I can totally rip you a new one since I actually know a thing or two about design. I'll be subtle with it though: She liked your design so much, she glanced at it for one minute, and put it aside. She never even mentioned it again.

So, if you want to participate in the contest further, I would suggest the following: redesign, start from scratch. And this time, please take longer than 45 minutes to design it, cause honestly, everything below the logo is just.... That's the only thing I like about how you did your design. You went with an approach no one did here and made a use for that gigantic logo by having it show up on the page. I also liked that you didn't go the way most went and just put a different background on the first post but added a featured button and did different stuff with the bottom posts. Kudos for that. But in the end, there are many things I noticed that would never make that design a winner for me, just from a design stand point.

Of course it's not that bad, the one I said "Nope" to was even worse. But hey, that's designing. The reason I can never do it, is because I can work hard on something and there will always be someone to say "I hate it." My creative genius just can't take that kind of heartbreak. I can't get coding wrong so I stick to that. Please don't think I'm trying to be an ass here. It's just I don't appreciate you calling the contest a joke when that's really all the feedback I received even when I asked for more. She doesn't look at something she will never like. She only looks at things that need minor tweaks to make it.

If you guys would like, I can give you guys feedback from my self, if that will help anyone. I guess I know a little better what the client wants, so maybe if I do that, you guys can get a better idea. Let me know. I will go through every design she liked and specify what she liked about it and what she didn't.

Best Regards,
    Nick

Hades, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  18. amir_daman

amir_daman Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    amir_daman, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  19. deedesign